02 Aug 2007 19:08:19
Best place to snorkel in Thailand

My wife and I are serious snorkelers. We are planning to spend 3 weeks
in Thailand in Dec of this year. We would like to spend about 5 days
along the coast for primarily snorkeling. We are looking for areas
with the best coral and marine life, especially an area which is
accessible from the beach so we do not have to pay for many snorkel
boat trips (which often are disappointing). We would like an area not
damaged by the tsunami and does not have coral bleaching.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

05 Aug 2007 07:51:33
Daniel Kessler
Re: Best place to snorkel in Thailand

Every serious snorkeler should visit two places where the snorkeling is
excellent and virtually right off the resort boat dock...

1) Uepi in the Solomons
2) Mood'ys Nemena in the Fiji archepelago

05 Aug 2007 09:31:12
Greg Mossman

On Aug 5, 4:51 am, Daniel Kessler <dkess...@pop.cybernex.net > wrote:
> Every serious snorkeler should visit two places where the snorkeling is
> excellent and virtually right off the resort boat dock...
>
> 1) Uepi in the Solomons
> 2) Mood'ys Nemena in the Fiji archepelago

What part of Thailand are those in?