22 Aug 2005 19:16:19
Adam Helberg
Sony DSC-W7 or P100 for underwater use

Anyone have experience with either the DSC-W7 or the P100 P150 for underwater use (in
a Sony housing of course)?

Adam

23 Aug 2005 20:55:59
bob
Re: Sony DSC-W7 or P100 for underwater use

I have the P150 and the corresponding Sony housing for it. Both work
great. The P150 is a great land camera, and it works great underwater,
especially the video feature. You can use all of the functions underwater
that you can use on land, and you can switch between still, video, review,
set-up, etc. underwater.

23 Aug 2005 18:27:24
linz
Re: Sony DSC-W7 or P100 for underwater use

I was about to get a W5 and sony's housing for that also. I have only heard
that the chip in the camera is a ccd had chip and this I am told is very
good in low light situations, somewhere I hope to find myself soon in the
deep.
If anyone else has any other observations I would also love to know them as
I am sure adam is.

"Adam Helberg" <sendspamhere@yahee.com > wrote in message
> Anyone have experience with either the DSC-W7 or the P100 P150 for
> underwater use (in a Sony housing of course)?
>
> Adam

24 Aug 2005 02:26:12
Adam Helberg

"linz" <linz@hotmail.com > wrote in message news:deg7sc01kmj@enews2.newsguy.com...
>I was about to get a W5 and sony's housing for that also. I have only heard that the
>chip in the camera is a ccd had chip and this I am told is very good in low light
>situations, somewhere I hope to find myself soon in the deep.
> If anyone else has any other observations I would also love to know them as I am
> sure adam is.

I've read wonderful reviews of the Sony P200 on Amazon.com for land use, but there is
no underwater housing yet.

Adam

24 Aug 2005 23:18:31
Adam Helberg

"bob" <bobengr@hotmail.com > wrote in message
>I have the P150 and the corresponding Sony housing for it. Both work
> great. The P150 is a great land camera, and it works great underwater,
> especially the video feature. You can use all of the functions underwater
> that you can use on land, and you can switch between still, video, review,
> set-up, etc. underwater.

Can I ask you how long after the P150 came out was the housing available? I'm asking
because the p200 is out but no underwater housing.

Adam

25 Aug 2005 17:57:54

> "bob" <bobengr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have the P150 and the corresponding Sony housing for it. Both work
>> great. The P150 is a great land camera, and it works great
>> underwater, especially the video feature. You can use all of the
>> functions underwater that you can use on land, and you can switch
>> between still, video, review, set-up, etc. underwater.
>
> Can I ask you how long after the P150 came out was the housing
> available? I'm asking because the p200 is out but no underwater
> housing.
>
> Adam

I don't know. I researched cameras at the beginning of this year, and
bought the P150 because it had the housing for it. I got the camera
early this year (February), and got the housing in April. I think the
housing was available well before the P150 was released as it also works
with the P100 and another Sony camera.

The P200 is the same as the P150, except for the larger LCD (2" vs.
1.8"). I know the houising for the P150 does not work with the P200,
even though the camera bodies are almost the same size.