23 Aug 2005 12:34:05
blackbcdiver
Knife for scuba ?? i don't know witch one ?

hey :

how i know what knife to use ?

BBC

23 Aug 2005 16:08:36
nitespark
Re: Knife for scuba ?? i don't know witch one ?

blackbcdiver wrote:
> hey :
>
> how i know what knife to use ?
>
> BBC

Why do you want a knife?

23 Aug 2005 15:15:26
ben bradlee

"nitespark" <nitespark@cox.net > wrote in message

> blackbcdiver wrote:
>> hey :
>>
>> how i know what knife to use ?
>>
>> BBC
>>

> Why do you want a knife?

He plans to sew his new SSI patch to the handle.

23 Aug 2005 16:27:33

ben bradlee wrote:
> "nitespark" <nitespark@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>>blackbcdiver wrote:
>>
>>>hey :
>>>
>>>how i know what knife to use ?
>>>
>>>BBC
>>>

>>Why do you want a knife?
>

> He plans to sew his new SSI patch to the handle.

OK, then he doesn't need the Mike Nelson Special. Guaranteed to cut
through even the toughest scuba hose in 3 seconds.

23 Aug 2005 19:36:16
Dan Bracuk
Re: Knife for scuba ?? i don't know witch one ?

"blackbcdiver" <BlackBCdiver@gmail.com > pounded away at his keyboard
resulting in:
:hey :
:
:how i know what knife to use ?

I was taught that you start at the outside and work your way iin.
Just visualizing hugging the plate.

Works well for the cutlery to the left and right, but I'm not sure
about the utensils forward of the plate.

Dan Bracuk
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups

Jer

nitespark wrote:

> ben bradlee wrote:
>
>> "nitespark" <nitespark@cox.net> wrote in message

>>> Why do you want a knife?
>>

>> He plans to sew his new SSI patch to the handle.
>>
> OK, then he doesn't need the Mike Nelson Special. Guaranteed to cut
> through even the toughest scuba hose in 3 seconds.

My little Remora will do that in two.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

24 Aug 2005 02:23:23
Adam Helberg

"blackbcdiver" <BlackBCdiver@gmail.com > wrote in message
> hey :
>
> how i know what knife to use ?
>
> BBC

I keep a large pink one on the left calf, just so great white sharks know not to
mess with me.

Adam

23 Aug 2005 23:30:12
GWB
Re: Knife for scuba ?? i don't know witch one ?

All of the best ones I have had were Wenoka.

24 Aug 2005 04:53:52
Adam Helberg

"GWB" <gwb3483@cox.net > wrote in message
> All of the best ones I have had were Wenoka.

Mine is a blunt tip Wenoka.

24 Aug 2005 08:41:57
BarryNL

blackbcdiver wrote:
> hey :
>
> how i know what knife to use ?

You want the biggest one possible so you look like Rambo and can fight
off sharks with it!

Seriously, you need something small and preferably with a blunt tip so
you don't pierce your BCD if you have to cut away netting or line around
it. Some Sea Snips are also a good idea, and will cut line and netting
more easily.

--
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well
as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets,

24 Aug 2005 11:41:25
BarryNL

BarryNL wrote:
> blackbcdiver wrote:
>
>> hey :
>>
>> how i know what knife to use ?
>

> You want the biggest one possible so you look like Rambo and can fight
> off sharks with it!
>
> Seriously, you need something small and preferably with a blunt tip so
> you don't pierce your BCD if you have to cut away netting or line around
> it. Some Sea Snips are also a good idea, and will cut line and netting
> more easily.

Oh yeah, it's always best to get a knife which straps to your leg so
that if you need to ditch your weight belt in an emergency your knife
can catch it and you won't lose it.

--
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well
as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets,
and to steal bread. - Anatole France.

24 Aug 2005 08:06:54
blackbcdiver
Re: Knife for scuba ?? i don't know witch one ?

ok , no rambo stuff , thank great advice !

thank my friends !

25 Aug 2005 11:43:44
Ed
Re: Knife for scuba ?? i don't know witch one ?

I use a small leg knife which I also use for snorkeling-prefer titanium
if you can afford it. I also have a small BC knife (Blunt tip
titanium) and my favorite secondary backup are a pair of paramedic
scissors. Why so many? If you get caught up in a ton of fishing line,
the scissors are better. Assume if you are nervous and caught on
something, you will drop one.

Also, Anyone who tells you to buy a big knife to fight off sharks is a
newbie..... You never fight off a shark with a knife... the knife is
used to cut your buddy's leg so the shark goes after them instead of you!!!