27 Aug 2005 06:38:55
Dick
Hose Wont Fit??

I just bought (on ebay) a Genesis 4 gauge console & am trying to connect it
to my aged (but recently serviced) Sherwood regulator's first stage. The
(male) connector of the console is to large to fit into the (female)
connection on the first stage?? Is there a way to connect them? ( a reducer
fitting of some sort perhaps?) I figured I'd give it a shot before I just
let my LDS do it.

27 Aug 2005 05:09:17
Dave C
Re: Hose Wont Fit??

Dick wrote:
> I just bought (on ebay) a Genesis 4 gauge console & am trying to connect it
> to my aged (but recently serviced) Sherwood regulator's first stage. The
> (male) connector of the console is to large to fit into the (female)
> connection on the first stage?? Is there a way to connect them? ( a reducer
> fitting of some sort perhaps?) I figured I'd give it a shot before I just
> let my LDS do it.

Dick, if you're sure it's too large for the high pressure port (HP),
your local dive shop can provide a reducer fitting.

The HP port should have "HP" imprinted nearby, or at least be
identifiable by its apparent solid base with pinhole restrictor at the
bottom.

HTH.

Dave C

27 Aug 2005 05:09:43
Dave C
Re: Hose Wont Fit??

Dick wrote:
> I just bought (on ebay) a Genesis 4 gauge console & am trying to connect it
> to my aged (but recently serviced) Sherwood regulator's first stage. The
> (male) connector of the console is to large to fit into the (female)
> connection on the first stage?? Is there a way to connect them? ( a reducer
> fitting of some sort perhaps?) I figured I'd give it a shot before I just
> let my LDS do it.

Dick, if you're sure it's too large for the high pressure port (HP),
your local dive shop can provide a reducer fitting.

The HP port should have "HP" imprinted nearby, or at least be
identifiable by its apparent solid base with pinhole restrictor at the
bottom.

HTH.

Dave C

27 Aug 2005 09:05:14
Cpt. Dale Bennett
Re: Hose Wont Fit??

"Dave C" <dcalderbank@top.monad.net > wrote in message

> Dick, if you're sure it's too large for the high pressure port (HP),
> your local dive shop can provide a reducer fitting.
>
> The HP port should have "HP" imprinted nearby, or at least be
> identifiable by its apparent solid base with pinhole restrictor at the
> bottom.

Before about 1980 all the ports on the first stages were the same size. In
the mid seventies power inflators for BC's started showing up. When someone
would connect a power inflator hose to a high pressure port by accident it
would cause a rupture of the inflator hose. It sounds like a gunshot! This
is when the manufacturers started making the HP ports a different size.
BTW, many, if not all, of these old regulators had full flow (no pinhole
restriction) on the HP port. The good thing is that Dave is quite correct,
youl LDS should have reducers. They are readily available.

Safe diving,
Cpt. Dale

27 Aug 2005 15:08:22
Re: Hose Wont Fit??

Local Dive Shop should have a reducer in stock

John