10 Jan 2006 21:52:13
mag3
Hood Repair/Adjustment

In a different thread over in rec.scuba, I talked about my issues with mask flooding,
and suggested it occurs more often when I'm hooded. One possible solution would
then be to trim the hood's face hole a little to give myself a bit more room.

If I were to do so (ie. use an X-acto knife or something like it), would it then be
necessary to "cauterize" the cut edges (eg. use a soldering tip or something) in
order to seal the face hole again or should I not bother?

Thanks.

Regards,

Arnold

10 Jan 2006 18:20:21
JRE
Re: Hood Repair/Adjustment

mag3 wrote:

> In a different thread over in rec.scuba, I talked about my issues with mask flooding,
> and suggested it occurs more often when I'm hooded. One possible solution would
> then be to trim the hood's face hole a little to give myself a bit more room.
>
> If I were to do so (ie. use an X-acto knife or something like it), would it then be
> necessary to "cauterize" the cut edges (eg. use a soldering tip or something) in
> order to seal the face hole again or should I not bother?

My advice: Push the hood back from your face--not much, just about an
inch. Don the mask and check for a good seal. Once you have achieved
that, move the hood back into position. Just my USD 2 cents.

John Eells

10 Jan 2006 19:37:54
Dan Bracuk
Re: Hood Repair/Adjustment

mag3 <zmpmag3-plongee@yahoo.com > pounded away at his keyboard
resulting in:

:If I were to do so (ie. use an X-acto knife or something like it), would it then be
:necessary to "cauterize" the cut edges (eg. use a soldering tip or something) in
:order to seal the face hole again or should I not bother?

I wouldn't bother.

Dan Bracuk
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups