22 Feb 2007 18:05:02
bj
NCIS shoe-pod

Did anyone else see the episode on Tuesday with the runner who used a
shoe-pod to track his running? And note Gibbs's reaction to it?
bj




22 Feb 2007 18:40:15
Dot
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

bj wrote:

> Did anyone else see the episode on Tuesday with the runner who used a
> shoe-pod to track his running? And note Gibbs's reaction to it?
> bj
>
>
Yes, I was wondering if anybody was going to bring it up. I chuckled
through a substantial part of the episode (one of the few shows I watch).

Something I was wondering about though, since I don't use a shoe pod, is
the data actually in the shoe pod part or is it in the watch or whatever
receives to transmit the data?

Dot

--
"Success is different things to different people"
-Bernd Heinrich in Racing the Antelope



22 Feb 2007 23:34:15
steve common
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

"bj" <bjones44@bellatlantic.net > wrote:

>Did anyone else see the episode on Tuesday with the runner who used a
>shoe-pod to track his running? And note Gibbs's reaction to it?

Which season? Over here, Kate's barely cold yet :-P


22 Feb 2007 23:29:10
Dot
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

steve common wrote:
> "bj" <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Did anyone else see the episode on Tuesday with the runner who used a
>>shoe-pod to track his running? And note Gibbs's reaction to it?
>
>
> Which season? Over here, Kate's barely cold yet :-P

Oh, my, that was at least a yr ago, I think. ;)

Do you have Zeba yet? (Kate's "replacement") Turns out she's a runner.
And this guy that gets "murdered" is a runner also. Don't want to tell
you too much and spoil it, although it might be a year before you get
this episode. I'm wondering if there's going to be more running episodes
(well, at least it was mentioned and the door is open). It definitely
caught my attention when they pulled the pod out of the guy's running shoe.

That's interesting that you get something like NCIS over there. It does
sound like it's the re-runs though, like some of the other shows that
are run on Sat and Sun here, sometimes on other network.

Dot

--
"Success is different things to different people"
-Bernd Heinrich in Racing the Antelope



25 Feb 2007 00:16:40
steve common
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

Dot <dot.h@#duh?att.net > wrote:

>Do you have Zeba yet?

Yep. In fact I was maybe exagerating a bit cos there has been a full
season with her already :-) It's just there is a lag between it coming out
in USA and getting dubbed in French (only the "Arte" channel does
subtitled films).

>That's interesting that you get something like NCIS over there.

Of the 5 free-to-air analog channels, one (M6) is a big specialist of
"foreign" series. So we currently have Bones, NCIS, The 4400, Numb3rs,
Medium, etc plus reruns of Friends and others after 8pm.

We also get loads of others in afties/early evening. In fact it's pretty
much the only channel we watch, except for "CSI: NY". My daughter got
rapidly bored of me saying "oooo! that's the Library!", "oooo! that's were
we went for pizza!", "MF! that's the hot-dog stand where I caught the
/turista/" ;-)

Funny though that the only runner we ever saw over here was Piedmont
Donald :-P


25 Feb 2007 00:26:35
steve common
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

steve common <steven.common@wanadoo.fr > wrote:

>So we currently have

On M6, recent series

# 1 . [États-Unis] Prison Break 2005
# 2 . [États-Unis] Grey's Anatomy 2005
# 3 . [États-Unis] Desperate Housewives 2004
# 4 . [États-Unis] Lost, les Disparus 2004
# 5 . [États-Unis] Frères Scott 2003
# 6 . [États-Unis] NCIS - Enquêtes spéciales 2003
# 7 . [États-Unis] 24 heures chrono 2001
# 8 . [États-Unis] Heroes 2006
# 9 . [États-Unis] 4400 2004


25 Feb 2007 00:32:32
steve common
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

steve common <steven.common@wanadoo.fr > wrote:

># 6 . [États-Unis] NCIS - Enquêtes spéciales 2003

PS that is the real-time web access to the site. NCIS is record audience
material, giving the "outsider" channel the biggest nationwide audience
when it's on.

PPS I know this is getting really tenuous as a running link


25 Feb 2007 01:20:01
Dot
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

steve common wrote:
> steve common <steven.common@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>
>># 6 . [États-Unis] NCIS - Enquêtes spéciales 2003
>
>
> PS that is the real-time web access to the site. NCIS is record audience
> material, giving the "outsider" channel the biggest nationwide audience
> when it's on.
>
> PPS I know this is getting really tenuous as a running link

Since when has that bothered anybody around here?;) Actually, how many
shows have joggers either finding the body or being the victim?

I only recognize a couple of the shows you have listed. I'm not a big
fan of tv and didn't have one most of the 70s.

Dot

--
"Success is different things to different people"
-Bernd Heinrich in Racing the Antelope



25 Feb 2007 01:37:47
Phil M.
Re: NCIS shoe-pod

dot.h@#duh?att.net wrote:

> Since when has that bothered anybody around here?;) Actually, how many
> shows have joggers either finding the body or being the victim?

http://tinyurl.com/2ey7yf

--
Phil M.