05 Mar 2004 09:24:43
Putting terrorism into perspective

Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
according to the US, the UK, and Israel.

You hear about terrorism in the news almost every day, but what about
the other problems in the world today?

Next time you leave the house, beware, because crossing the road is
many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than
terrorism.


THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.

2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.


WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

1.2 MILLION: People in killed in road accidents EVERY YEAR.

8,437: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Iraq in 2003.

3,800: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Afghanistan by 2002.

135,000: Deaths in UK alone EVERY YEAR

3 MILLION: Killed by HIV/AIDS in 2003.

780,000,000: People starving to death RIGHT NOW.

1.2 BILLION: People "living" on less than $1 a day.

513,000,000: Number of people without access to safe drinking water.


THE REAL TERRORISTS

Nobody has benefitted more from terrorism than the US, the UK, and
Israel. They use terrorism as an excuse to change the law, giving more
power to the authorities and withdrawing freedoms from the people.
They use terrorism as an excuse to attack and conquer foreign lands.
They exploit our fear to win support.

If terrorism and WMD are such a threat, what are the causes? Nobody
provides more money to terrorist groups and rogue states than the US
and the UK. Nobody has or sells more weapons than the US and UK.

Can you see what is happening here? Or are you still afraid of the
boogey-man?


FURTHER READING

BBC News, "'Mortal danger' terrorism warning", 5 March 2004.
[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3535729.stm]

Fox News, "Bush, Blair Remain Defiant on Terrorism", 20 November 2003.
[ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,103607,00.html]
"This terrorism is the 21st century threat. It is a war that
strikes at the heart of all we hold dear," Blair said.

BBC News, "Key points: Bush and Blair", 20 November 2003.
[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3222768.stm]
"Terrorism is the greatest 21st Century threat", said Mr Blair

BBC News, "Text of Blair's speech", 27 July 2003.
[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3076253.stm]
"But first we must explain the danger...
...the threat is new, it isn't obvious...
Compromise is a fine thing except when based on an illusion...
And I don't believe you can compromise with this new form of
terrorism."

BBC News, "Bush speech: Full text", 8 September 2003.
[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3088936.stm]
"We are rolling back the terrorist threat to civilisation..."

BBC News, "Relatives condemn Bush 9/11 ads", 5 March 2004.
[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3534533.stm]
Relatives of victims killed in the 11 September 2001 attacks have
criticised George W Bush for using images from the tragedy in his
campaign advertisements.
...
Among the images shown in two of the advertisements are images of
firefighters carrying a body, draped in a US flag, from the rubble at
Ground Zero, where the World Trade Center once stood.
The International Association of Fire Fighters condemned the
decision to use their images and said the US president was being
hypocritical.
"We're not going to stand for him to put his arm around one of our
members on top of a pile of rubble at Ground Zero during a tragedy and
then stand by and watch him cut money for first responders [emergency
services]," he said.
...




-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----


05 Mar 2004 16:38:47
Mike Sigman
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:1aah401afb4knc1sid972t50gidl5fkltk@4ax.com...
> Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
> according to the US, the UK, and Israel.
>
> You hear about terrorism in the news almost every day, but what about
> the other problems in the world today?
>
> Next time you leave the house, beware, because crossing the road is
> many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than
> terrorism.
>
>
> THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>
> 2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.


How odd.... you could have used exactly similar figures to support why no
action should have been taken by France and Britain against Nazi Germany,
before WWII. In fact, they didn't take any action until it was too late.
But what the hey, the 50 MILLION people that died barely outweighed the
traffic deaths, probably.

Hal, it's exactly people like you that caused the deaths of those 50
millions.

Mike




05 Mar 2004 09:44:09
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:38:47 GMT, "Mike Sigman"
<mikesigman@bresnan.net > wrote:

>
><hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:1aah401afb4knc1sid972t50gidl5fkltk@4ax.com...
>> Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
>> according to the US, the UK, and Israel.
>>
>> You hear about terrorism in the news almost every day, but what about
>> the other problems in the world today?
>>
>> Next time you leave the house, beware, because crossing the road is
>> many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than
>> terrorism.
>>
>>
>> THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
>>
>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>>
>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>>
>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>>
>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>>
>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>>
>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>>
>> 2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>>
>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
>>
>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>>
>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>
>
>How odd.... you could have used exactly similar figures to support why no
>action should have been taken by France and Britain against Nazi Germany,
>before WWII. In fact, they didn't take any action until it was too late.
>But what the hey, the 50 MILLION people that died barely outweighed the
>traffic deaths, probably.
>
>Hal, it's exactly people like you that caused the deaths of those 50
>millions.

No, it was the people exactly like you who helped Hilter invade Europe
and Russia.

Hal

>
>Mike
>



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----


05 Mar 2004 11:19:00
hcannon18
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


Hal this is the typical goofy liberal argument that has nothing to do with
the topic. Grow up and quit being so childish.




05 Mar 2004 16:54:54
Mike Sigman
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:lhbh40h2chmnsea117gg8cda7ss98in4v6@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:38:47 GMT, "Mike Sigman"
>
> No, it was the people exactly like you who helped Hilter invade Europe
> and Russia.

No, Hal. My family has been on the right side of every war fought, going
back into antiquity. Where do you think the name "Sigman" comes from? Your
family is obviously composed of traitors and corrupt moral degenerates.

Mike




05 Mar 2004 09:04:54
eric neale
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:lhbh40h2chmnsea117gg8cda7ss98in4v6@4ax.com...

<snip >
> >How odd.... you could have used exactly similar figures to support why no
> >action should have been taken by France and Britain against Nazi Germany,
> >before WWII. In fact, they didn't take any action until it was too
late.
> >But what the hey, the 50 MILLION people that died barely outweighed the
> >traffic deaths, probably.
> >
> >Hal, it's exactly people like you that caused the deaths of those 50
> >millions.
>
> No, it was the people exactly like you who helped Hilter invade Europe
> and Russia.
>
> Hal


Hal forgot to take his meds again.

Look out! Those people are human! The followers of Hitler were human so
those people must be followers of Hitler!!!



;-)




05 Mar 2004 10:21:09
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:19:00 -0600, "hcannon18" <hcannon18@cox.net >
wrote:

>
>Hal this is the typical goofy liberal argument that has nothing to do with
>the topic. Grow up and quit being so childish.
>

Herb, it's simply statistical evidence to show that people like you
are mindless cowards.

It does not surprise me you don't get it.

Hal




-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----


05 Mar 2004 10:03:17
eric neale
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:qmdh409fsre2a27ak8u5uhh2cgdllhd5u4@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:19:00 -0600, "hcannon18" <hcannon18@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >Hal this is the typical goofy liberal argument that has nothing to do
with
> >the topic. Grow up and quit being so childish.
> >
>
> Herb, it's simply statistical evidence to show that people like you
> are mindless cowards.

Your "evidence" shows nothing of the kind. You must be delussional to think
it does.


> It does not surprise me you don't get it.


"There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics."

Hal, when you get lost in the details that doesn't mean you can just assume
something supports your views.






05 Mar 2004 11:24:45
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:03:17 -0800, "eric neale" <eneale@charter.net >
wrote:

>
><hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:qmdh409fsre2a27ak8u5uhh2cgdllhd5u4@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:19:00 -0600, "hcannon18" <hcannon18@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >Hal this is the typical goofy liberal argument that has nothing to do
>with
>> >the topic. Grow up and quit being so childish.
>> >
>>
>> Herb, it's simply statistical evidence to show that people like you
>> are mindless cowards.
>
>Your "evidence" shows nothing of the kind. You must be delussional to think
>it does.
>
>
>> It does not surprise me you don't get it.
>
>
>"There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics."
>
>Hal, when you get lost in the details that doesn't mean you can just assume
>something supports your views.

Eric, it's called weighing the risks, and it's based on simple
probabilites. For example, what is the relative risk of you going
out tomorrow and dying of a terrorist attack, compared to dying in an
automobile accident?

Hal

>
>
>



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----


05 Mar 2004 12:55:06
hcannon18
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


< >
> Eric, it's called weighing the risks, and it's based on simple
> probabilites. For example, what is the relative risk of you going
> out tomorrow and dying of a terrorist attack, compared to dying in an
> automobile accident?

Hal, if you were not such a brain dead big ignorant fool I would explain
your silliness to you. It simply is no longer worth my time.




05 Mar 2004 11:15:57
eric neale
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:9dhh401momrm8k92gn93fub16mvjskh2vq@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:03:17 -0800, "eric neale" <eneale@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
> >
> ><hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >news:qmdh409fsre2a27ak8u5uhh2cgdllhd5u4@4ax.com...
> >> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:19:00 -0600, "hcannon18" <hcannon18@cox.net>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >
> >> >Hal this is the typical goofy liberal argument that has nothing to do
> >with
> >> >the topic. Grow up and quit being so childish.
> >> >
> >>
> >> Herb, it's simply statistical evidence to show that people like you
> >> are mindless cowards.
> >
> >Your "evidence" shows nothing of the kind. You must be delussional to
think
> >it does.
> >
> >
> >> It does not surprise me you don't get it.
> >
> >
> >"There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics."
> >
> >Hal, when you get lost in the details that doesn't mean you can just
assume
> >something supports your views.
>
> Eric, it's called weighing the risks,

No it is called a smoke screen. You bring up irrelevent, self-evident facts
and claim they support your conclusions. We already know that a small % of
the population died in terrorist attacks and a high % dies from most other
causes. It does not change the fact that AQ is a threat. By you reasoning
Japan was not a threat to the United States in December of 1941.


> and it's based on simple
> probabilites.

Your facts are true. However they do not support your conclusion. You need
to admit that you don't know what "threat" means.


> For example, what is the relative risk of you going
> out tomorrow and dying of a terrorist attack, compared to dying in an
> automobile accident?

What does this have to do with anything? If you were a voter in January of
1942 you would be telling us to ignore Japan because more people die from
old age than are killed by Japanese attacks.









05 Mar 2004 12:56:25
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:15:57 -0800, "eric neale" <eneale@charter.net >
wrote:

>> Eric, it's called weighing the risks,
>
>No it is called a smoke screen. You bring up irrelevent, self-evident facts
>and claim they support your conclusions. We already know that a small % of
>the population died in terrorist attacks and a high % dies from most other
>causes. It does not change the fact that AQ is a threat.

Of course that then gets us down to how we define "threat".

>By you reasoning
>Japan was not a threat to the United States in December of 1941.

Well, actually at the time they weren't. They way overextended just
to reach Pearl. While their attack was devastating to the military
base, they did not have the forces or supply lines available to even
carry out an invasion of Hawaii, let alone the mainland. So, good
example, you are correct, Japan was not a realistic threat to the
wellbeing of the average American in December of 41.

>
>
>> and it's based on simple
>> probabilites.
>
>Your facts are true. However they do not support your conclusion. You need
>to admit that you don't know what "threat" means.

Of course I do. See, I will use it in a sentence:

Paranoid bigots like you are a far greater threat to American freedom
than Muslim extremists.

There, hows that? Pretty good example I'ld say, because it even
illustrates the _relative_ nature of "threat".

Hal


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----


05 Mar 2004 12:15:23
eric neale
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:e2mh4053lfpiif844kap6no0euauf2l082@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:15:57 -0800, "eric neale" <eneale@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> Eric, it's called weighing the risks,
> >
> >No it is called a smoke screen. You bring up irrelevent, self-evident
facts
> >and claim they support your conclusions. We already know that a small %
of
> >the population died in terrorist attacks and a high % dies from most
other
> >causes. It does not change the fact that AQ is a threat.
>
> Of course that then gets us down to how we define "threat".


Look it up in the dictionary.



>
> >By you reasoning
> >Japan was not a threat to the United States in December of 1941.
>
> Well, actually at the time they weren't. They way overextended just
> to reach Pearl. While their attack was devastating to the military
> base, they did not have the forces or supply lines available to even
> carry out an invasion of Hawaii, let alone the mainland. So, good
> example, you are correct, Japan was not a realistic threat to the
> wellbeing of the average American in December of 41.


When did the conversation change into "threat to the wellbeing of the
average American"?

Oh that is just your standard "Change the Subject" tactic. When that does
not work you will go right on to attacking my character. When that does not
work you will move on to your standard "Ignore the Thread" tactic.


>
> >
> >
> >> and it's based on simple
> >> probabilites.
> >
> >Your facts are true. However they do not support your conclusion. You
need
> >to admit that you don't know what "threat" means.
>
> Of course I do. See, I will use it in a sentence:
>
> Paranoid bigots like you are a far greater threat to American freedom
> than Muslim extremists.
>
> There, hows that? Pretty good example I'ld say,


Of how many lies you can fit into one sentance?


> . . . because it even
> illustrates the _relative_ nature of "threat".


It only illustrates that you are dumb. I am trying to gather evidence that
you are not dumb and you are not helping.







05 Mar 2004 13:00:57
Steve Gartin
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:1aah401afb4knc1sid972t50gidl5fkltk@4ax.com...
> Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
> according to the US, the UK, and Israel.
>
> You hear about terrorism in the news almost every day, but what about
> the other problems in the world today?
>
> Next time you leave the house, beware, because crossing the road is
> many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than
> terrorism.
>
>
> THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>
> 2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
>
> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>
>
> WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
>
> 1.2 MILLION: People in killed in road accidents EVERY YEAR.
>
> 8,437: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Iraq in 2003.
>
> 3,800: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Afghanistan by 2002.
>
> 135,000: Deaths in UK alone EVERY YEAR
>
> 3 MILLION: Killed by HIV/AIDS in 2003.
>
> 780,000,000: People starving to death RIGHT NOW.
>
> 1.2 BILLION: People "living" on less than $1 a day.
>
> 513,000,000: Number of people without access to safe drinking water.
>
>
> THE REAL TERRORISTS
>
> Nobody has benefitted more from terrorism than the US, the UK, and
> Israel. They use terrorism as an excuse to change the law, giving more
> power to the authorities and withdrawing freedoms from the people.
> They use terrorism as an excuse to attack and conquer foreign lands.
> They exploit our fear to win support.
>
> If terrorism and WMD are such a threat, what are the causes? Nobody
> provides more money to terrorist groups and rogue states than the US
> and the UK. Nobody has or sells more weapons than the US and UK.
>
> Can you see what is happening here? Or are you still afraid of the
> boogey-man?
>
>
> FURTHER READING
>
> BBC News, "'Mortal danger' terrorism warning", 5 March 2004.
> [ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3535729.stm]
>
> Fox News, "Bush, Blair Remain Defiant on Terrorism", 20 November 2003.
> [ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,103607,00.html]
> "This terrorism is the 21st century threat. It is a war that
> strikes at the heart of all we hold dear," Blair said.
>
> BBC News, "Key points: Bush and Blair", 20 November 2003.
> [ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3222768.stm]
> "Terrorism is the greatest 21st Century threat", said Mr Blair
>
> BBC News, "Text of Blair's speech", 27 July 2003.
> [ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3076253.stm]
> "But first we must explain the danger...
> ...the threat is new, it isn't obvious...
> Compromise is a fine thing except when based on an illusion...
> And I don't believe you can compromise with this new form of
> terrorism."
>
> BBC News, "Bush speech: Full text", 8 September 2003.
> [ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3088936.stm]
> "We are rolling back the terrorist threat to civilisation..."
>
> BBC News, "Relatives condemn Bush 9/11 ads", 5 March 2004.
> [ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3534533.stm]
> Relatives of victims killed in the 11 September 2001 attacks have
> criticised George W Bush for using images from the tragedy in his
> campaign advertisements.
> ...
> Among the images shown in two of the advertisements are images of
> firefighters carrying a body, draped in a US flag, from the rubble at
> Ground Zero, where the World Trade Center once stood.
> The International Association of Fire Fighters condemned the
> decision to use their images and said the US president was being
> hypocritical.
> "We're not going to stand for him to put his arm around one of our
> members on top of a pile of rubble at Ground Zero during a tragedy and
> then stand by and watch him cut money for first responders [emergency
> services]," he said.
> ...
>
>
>
Hal, you should be imprisoned for voicing such anti-government rhetoric.

Steve :-) >>> (IH)




05 Mar 2004 20:36:30
mark goldberg
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Mike Sigman wrote:
Your
> family is obviously composed of traitors and corrupt moral degenerates.
>
> Mike


I have to correct you on this one, Mike.

Hal makes even traitors and corrupt moral degenerates ashamed to be in
his camp.

Mark


06 Mar 2004 22:37:22
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

mark goldberg wrote:

> Mike Sigman wrote:
> Your
>> family is obviously composed of traitors and corrupt moral degenerates.
>>
>> Mike
>
>
> I have to correct you on this one, Mike.
>
> Hal makes even traitors and corrupt moral degenerates ashamed to be in
> his camp.
>
> Mark

says an anti-libretarian, anti-american, zionist suck hole shooter upper
supporter of the uSS liberty.

Fuck you Mark, and fuck you very much.

Liar.
Bitch.
Loser.

Go home!


06 Mar 2004 04:21:45
Mark Goldberg
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

the mad flatuator wrote:
> mark goldberg wrote:
>

>>
>>
>>I have to correct you on this one, Mike.
>>
>> Hal makes even traitors and corrupt moral degenerates ashamed to be in
>>his camp.
>>
>>Mark
>
>
> says an anti-libretarian, anti-american, zionist suck hole shooter upper
> supporter of the uSS liberty.
>
> Fuck you Mark, and fuck you very much.
>
> Liar.
> Bitch.
> Loser.
>
> Go home!


Get a name...

Mark


06 Mar 2004 13:38:15
Ryan Lankford, Libertarian War
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:44:09 -0700, hal@nospam.com wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:38:47 GMT, "Mike Sigman"
><mikesigman@bresnan.net> wrote:
>
>>
>><hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>news:1aah401afb4knc1sid972t50gidl5fkltk@4ax.com...
>>> Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
>>> according to the US, the UK, and Israel.
>>>
>>> You hear about terrorism in the news almost every day, but what about
>>> the other problems in the world today?
>>>
>>> Next time you leave the house, beware, because crossing the road is
>>> many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than
>>> terrorism.
>>>
>>>
>>> THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
>>>
>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>>>
>>> 2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>>>
>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>>>
>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>>
>>
>>How odd.... you could have used exactly similar figures to support why no
>>action should have been taken by France and Britain against Nazi Germany,
>>before WWII. In fact, they didn't take any action until it was too late.
>>But what the hey, the 50 MILLION people that died barely outweighed the
>>traffic deaths, probably.
>>
>>Hal, it's exactly people like you that caused the deaths of those 50
>>millions.
>
>No, it was the people exactly like you who helped Hilter invade Europe
>and Russia.
>
>Hal

Godwin's Law invoked. You lose.




06 Mar 2004 15:14:07
123
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


<hal@nospam.com > wrote in message
news:1aah401afb4knc1sid972t50gidl5fkltk@4ax.com...
> THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>
>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
>
>>
> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

Guess you missed the last round of IRA bombing campaigns then.




06 Mar 2004 15:09:11
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Mark Goldberg wrote:

> the mad flatuator wrote:
>> mark goldberg wrote:
>>
>
>>>
>>>
>>>I have to correct you on this one, Mike.
>>>
>>> Hal makes even traitors and corrupt moral degenerates ashamed to be in
>>>his camp.
>>>
>>>Mark
>>
>>
>> says an anti-libretarian, anti-american, zionist suck hole shooter upper
>> supporter of the uSS liberty.
>>
>> Fuck you Mark, and fuck you very much.
>>
>> Liar.
>> Bitch.
>> Loser.
>>
>> Go home!
>
>
> Get a name...
>
> Mark

I have one, thats what maybe REALLY bugs you.


06 Mar 2004 15:10:23
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Ryan Lankford, Libertarian Warrior wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:44:09 -0700, hal@nospam.com wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:38:47 GMT, "Mike Sigman"
>><mikesigman@bresnan.net> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>><hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>news:1aah401afb4knc1sid972t50gidl5fkltk@4ax.com...
>>>> Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
>>>> according to the US, the UK, and Israel.
>>>>
>>>> You hear about terrorism in the news almost every day, but what about
>>>> the other problems in the world today?
>>>>
>>>> Next time you leave the house, beware, because crossing the road is
>>>> many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than
>>>> terrorism.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
>>>>
>>>> 2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>>>>
>>>> 0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
>>>
>>>
>>>How odd.... you could have used exactly similar figures to support why no
>>>action should have been taken by France and Britain against Nazi Germany,
>>>before WWII. In fact, they didn't take any action until it was too
>>>late. But what the hey, the 50 MILLION people that died barely outweighed
>>>the traffic deaths, probably.
>>>
>>>Hal, it's exactly people like you that caused the deaths of those 50
>>>millions.
>>
>>No, it was the people exactly like you who helped Hilter invade Europe
>>and Russia.
>>
>>Hal
>
> Godwin's Law invoked. You lose.

Dude, a twit like Hal isnt aware of Godwin's law...


06 Mar 2004 21:11:05
Bass Guitar God
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

>2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>

BULLSHIT. WHAT ABOUT THE ANTHRAX DEATHS,????????????????

"You know, the trouble with real life is, there's no 'danger music'..." - Chip
Douglas, the Cable Guy




06 Mar 2004 21:12:36
Bass Guitar God
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

>Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
>according to the US, the UK, and Israel.

WHAT ABOUT RUSSIA, FRANCE, GERMANY, AND IRAQ. THESE COUNTRIES AND MORE HAVE
TERRORIST ATTACKS.

"You know, the trouble with real life is, there's no 'danger music'..." - Chip
Douglas, the Cable Guy




07 Mar 2004 03:20:02
Mark Goldberg
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

the mad flatuator wrote:

>>
>> Get a name...
>>
>>Mark
>
>
> I have one, thats what maybe REALLY bugs you.

Ghost... in the machine,
is no name.

Just a miserable little fly in the ointment of life.
Bug... is the correct appellation, and it fits you.
Wear it with pride

Mark


07 Mar 2004 09:42:34
hcannon18
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective


" > >
> >
> Hal, you should be imprisoned for voicing such anti-government rhetoric.
>
> Steve :-)>>> (IH)

Hal is not anti government. If he had his way he would have a cradle to
grave govt system to take care of you; and put a govt social worker in your
parlor to tell you what to do and how to think.




07 Mar 2004 12:41:30
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Bass Guitar God wrote:

>>2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on 9/11).
>>
>
> BULLSHIT. WHAT ABOUT THE ANTHRAX DEATHS,????????????????
>
> "You know, the trouble with real life is, there's no 'danger music'..." -
> Chip Douglas, the Cable Guy


whats your point, boy? Finger stuck on that caplock again, I see. There
were two dead from the anthrax, they just found another trace in the postal
building recently to.


07 Mar 2004 12:43:17
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Bass Guitar God wrote:

>>Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century. But only
>>according to the US, the UK, and Israel.
>
> WHAT ABOUT RUSSIA, FRANCE, GERMANY, AND IRAQ. THESE COUNTRIES AND MORE
> HAVE TERRORIST ATTACKS.
>
> "You know, the trouble with real life is, there's no 'danger music'..." -
> Chip Douglas, the Cable Guy


I'' field this one. Hal is something of a delusional liberal who will likely
be wasting his vote on nader. You on the other never learned nettiquette,
LIKE HOW NOT TO FUCKING SHOUT. ASS.


07 Mar 2004 12:51:47
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Mark Goldberg wrote:

> the mad flatuator wrote:
>
>>>
>>> Get a name...
>>>
>>>Mark
>>
>>
>> I have one, thats what maybe REALLY bugs you.
>
> Ghost... in the machine,
> is no name.
>
> Just a miserable little fly in the ointment of life.
> Bug... is the correct appellation, and it fits you.
> Wear it with pride
>
> Mark


yeah whatever, you know its just the fact you dont have a worthy counter
argument.

You are stuck in a pro-Isreal mindset that gives you tunnel vision and
that's your problem. Sadly, at least others like you in rma, are
entertaining when they get their dandruff up. You guys are only funny
because you obsess on so minutia.


07 Mar 2004 12:10:51
Chas
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

"the mad flatuator" <fart@sbd@.net > wrote
>....There
> were two dead from the anthrax, they just found another trace in the
postal
> building recently to.

That's just the delivery system, not the intent.
The intent in the first WTC bombing was to kill tens of thousands. The
intent in the second WTC bombing was to kill a hundred thousand. The intent
in sending anthrax through the mails is to infect *lots* of people.
We can't afford to wait until they're wildly successful. Their intent is
obvious; that is sufficient to justify obliterating them and salting the
ground they used to live on.

Chas




07 Mar 2004 11:41:18
Sean
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

"Steve Gartin" <steve@thunderrock.net > wrote in message news:<104ho1be02d34f7@corp.supernews.com>...

[snip]

> Hal, you should be imprisoned for voicing such anti-government rhetoric.
>
> Steve :-)>>> (IH)

Steve Gartin:

Help me keep track of the politics here.

Are you really in favour of locking people up for voicing opinions
critical of the government, or is this hyperbole, or is it satire, or
just what exactly is this?

[I'm really asking.]

Sean


07 Mar 2004 12:55:10
Chas
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

"Sean" <seansmith999@hotmail.com > wrote
> > Hal, you should be imprisoned for voicing such anti-government rhetoric.
> Are you really in favour of locking people up for voicing opinions
> critical of the government, or is this hyperbole, or is it satire, or
> just what exactly is this?

It's an ongoing, inside joke.
Hal supported the idea of imprisoning Gartin for what he perceived as
Gartin's political/social views- Kirk Lawson made a joke off of it (IH) and
it has been playing back and forth since.

Chas




07 Mar 2004 19:00:07
the mad flatuator
Re: Putting terrorism into perspective

Chas wrote:

> "the mad flatuator" <fart@sbd@.net> wrote
>>....There
>> were two dead from the anthrax, they just found another trace in the
> postal
>> building recently to.
>
> That's just the delivery system, not the intent.
> The intent in the first WTC bombing was to kill tens of thousands. The
> intent in the second WTC bombing was to kill a hundred thousand. The
> intent in sending anthrax through the mails is to infect *lots* of people.
> We can't afford to wait until they're wildly successful. Their intent is
> obvious; that is sufficient to justify obliterating them and salting the
> ground they used to live on.
>
> Chas


No argument here, do you know something maybe I haven't heard? Last I knew
they had investigated a bio terror expert and never really went anywhere
with it in terms of charging him.