22 Nov 2003 20:02:07
XPEH
water temps in AUS?

have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ... i
mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
through out the year?




22 Nov 2003 20:15:24
XPEH
Re: water temps in AUS?

here is a good ref

http://www.bom.gov.au/nmoc/archives/SST/

"XPEH" <nospam@here.com > wrote in message
news:xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07...
> have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
> under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ...
i
> mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> through out the year?
>
>




22 Nov 2003 20:45:40
XPEH
Re: water temps in AUS?

kind of cool (for wave height)

http://www.aodc.gov.au/

look under "Significant Wave Height" link


"XPEH" <nospam@here.com > wrote in message
news:xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07...
> have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
> under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ...
i
> mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> through out the year?
>
>




23 Nov 2003 09:13:20
Bob Barnett
Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Nov/23/surf2_400.jpg



23 Nov 2003 12:58:20
anatom10
Re: water temps in AUS?

"XPEH" <nospam@here.com > wrote in message news:<xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07>...
> have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
> under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ... i
> mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> through out the year?

Sydney is upto 20C. Last week was sunny with a small pulse - so I
opted for a few sessions in boardies and it was great...

Best of waves,
Ben


23 Nov 2003 15:21:05
phantomdelaopera
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net > wrote in message

> http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Nov/23/surf2_400.jpg

> > Hey Neil, Need More Photos


Yeah, Neal, were dying to see them. Why the delay. 350,000 ppl
read this group. MORE-MORE-MORE. NOW!


23 Nov 2003 21:08:44
Neal Miyake
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net > wrote:
> http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Nov/23/surf2_400.jpg

It was epic on Friday. Saw this shot of Sandy's tow-in posted
somewhere else:
http://www.y2kanu.com/htm/ron_barron/images/DSC_0071%20(2).jpg

I actually was on a camping trip on that side of the island that week.
We checked it out Saturday. It was big, but nothing like that one.
Will post some pics soon.

sponge
www.hisurfadvisory.com


24 Nov 2003 09:49:04
mountain man
Re: water temps in AUS?

For a start the water temps vary around the coast
of OZ according to the prevailing oceanic current
environment.

As I am on the SE coast, we get that special current
featured in that cartoon fish movie, forget its name ...

The water temps are OK ... its the windchill
you gotta watch especially as the air temperatures
drop and the wind picks up.

Not usually a problem on sunny days.

The temp in the SE has been higher this year than most.
Dont know why, but last few seasons were cold, the
peak of the cold being Spring, one season behind the
land.

One udder ting ....

The further north you go on the E coast of OZ,
starting say from Bells beach to the south to Noosa
in the north (separated by about 2000 kms) the
warmer things are as the SE current is closer to
the equator.

The SE current FYI apparently then crosses the
south pacific to Tierra del Fuego and starts again
as the northerly cold current going north up Sth
America before turning west (at the equator?)
and returning to the west of the pacific.

Got that dude?



"XPEH" <nospam@here.com > wrote in message
news:xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07...
> have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
> under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ...
i
> mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> through out the year?





24 Nov 2003 07:38:39
Bob Barnett
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Neal Miyake wrote:
> Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Nov/23/surf2_400.jpg
>
>
> It was epic on Friday. Saw this shot of Sandy's tow-in posted
> somewhere else:
> http://www.y2kanu.com/htm/ron_barron/images/DSC_0071%20(2).jpg

How far out was that wave?
>
> I actually was on a camping trip on that side of the island that week.
> We checked it out Saturday. It was big, but nothing like that one.
> Will post some pics soon.
>
> sponge
> www.hisurfadvisory.com

My brother said 10 foot waves were throwing pieces of coral onto the
beach at Hanauma



24 Nov 2003 16:43:52
@lex
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos


"Neal Miyake" <sponge@iav.com > wrote
> It was epic on Friday. Saw this shot of Sandy's tow-in posted
> somewhere else:
> http://www.y2kanu.com/htm/ron_barron/images/DSC_0071%20(2).jpg

Sick!!!!

@lex




24 Nov 2003 08:24:23
XPEH
Re: water temps in AUS?

i am getting it now ... i just hope me lady does not think that the water
round Noosa is too cold ... she hates the SoCal water temps and would not go
near it ...

"mountain man" <hobbit@southern_seaweed.com.op > wrote in message
news:kukwb.24857$aT.22491@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> For a start the water temps vary around the coast
> of OZ according to the prevailing oceanic current
> environment.
>
> As I am on the SE coast, we get that special current
> featured in that cartoon fish movie, forget its name ...
>
> The water temps are OK ... its the windchill
> you gotta watch especially as the air temperatures
> drop and the wind picks up.
>
> Not usually a problem on sunny days.
>
> The temp in the SE has been higher this year than most.
> Dont know why, but last few seasons were cold, the
> peak of the cold being Spring, one season behind the
> land.
>
> One udder ting ....
>
> The further north you go on the E coast of OZ,
> starting say from Bells beach to the south to Noosa
> in the north (separated by about 2000 kms) the
> warmer things are as the SE current is closer to
> the equator.
>
> The SE current FYI apparently then crosses the
> south pacific to Tierra del Fuego and starts again
> as the northerly cold current going north up Sth
> America before turning west (at the equator?)
> and returning to the west of the pacific.
>
> Got that dude?
>
>
>
> "XPEH" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> news:xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07...
> > have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year
down
> > under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F
...
> i
> > mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> > through out the year?
>
>
>




24 Nov 2003 08:46:43
Neal Miyake
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net > wrote: <snip>

Ask and you shall receive! Went to Sandy's on Saturday. Jumped in
and caught only one small one at Generals. It was firing, with some
waves well over 8 feet Hawn. Very meaty at times.

Full Point
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_01.jpg

Middles shorebreak
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_02.jpg

Generals
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_03.jpg
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_05.jpg
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_11.jpg

The waves I was catching (0.5 ft Haw'n)
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_06.jpg

sponge
www.hisurfadvisory.com


24 Nov 2003 08:56:36
Neal Miyake
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net > wrote: <snip> more

http://starbulletin.com/2003/11/22/news/index1.html
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Nov/22/ln/ln10a.html
(check the last pic)
http://www.y2kanu.com/htm/ron_barron/index.htm(must've been Friday)

sponge


24 Nov 2003 14:33:28
pnwk
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

> Ask and you shall receive! Went to Sandy's on Saturday. Jumped in
> and caught only one small one at Generals. It was firing, with some
> waves well over 8 feet Hawn. Very meaty at times.
>
the rarity of those spots make those pics majia

was the eastside too slopped out to surf?
i was envisioning 5 ft bellows pipeline


24 Nov 2003 20:59:32
Neal Miyake
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

jkile01@cs.com (pnwk) wrote: <snip >
> was the eastside too slopped out to surf?
> i was envisioning 5 ft bellows pipeline

Much of the eastside is fringed by deep outer reefs. It was breaking
all right, maybe a mile or two out to sea:
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_09.jpg
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_07.jpg

Bellows was around 5" Hawaiian scale:
http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_06.jpg

sponge


25 Nov 2003 07:39:08
Turby
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

On 24 Nov 2003 08:46:43 -0800, sponge@iav.com (Neal Miyake) wrote:

>Ask and you shall receive! Went to Sandy's on Saturday. Jumped in
>and caught only one small one at Generals. It was firing, with some
>waves well over 8 feet Hawn. Very meaty at times.

Hubba hubba. Were there any bodysurfers out?

I wonder how Sus slept that night.



25 Nov 2003 03:45:39
T. Yuben
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

binya666@yahoo.com (anatom10) wrote in message ..
> "XPEH" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:<xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07>...
> > have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
> > under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ... i
> > mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> > through out the year?
>
> Sydney is upto 20C. Last week was sunny with a small pulse - so I
> opted for a few sessions in boardies and it was great...
>
> Best of waves,
> Ben


I just spent the last 4 days in Syd, 3 of em at Bondi. The surf was
shit, wasn't my agenda. u still there eh? Haven't seen you post for a
while.

Those fuckn poms went off on Sat night, it was all an Aussie could do
to get a beer furfuxake!!!

XPEH?


25 Nov 2003 06:27:07
XPEH
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

> XPEH?

yes?




25 Nov 2003 07:50:42
Neal Miyake
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Turby <turbosurfer@beach.comber > wrote: <snip>
> Hubba hubba. Were there any bodysurfers out?

Yes. Just a few. The shorebreak wasn't all that good. I saw a couple
guys halfway out to Generals.

> I wonder how Sus slept that night.

I wonder also.

sponge


25 Nov 2003 07:53:27
Neal Miyake
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net > wrote:
> Neal Miyake wrote: <snip>
> > http://www.y2kanu.com/htm/ron_barron/images/DSC_0071%20(2).jpg
>
> How far out was that wave?

I have no idea. Shot probably taken from the Blowhole--high vantage point.

<snip >
> My brother said 10 foot waves were throwing pieces of coral onto the
> beach at Hanauma

Would not be surprised given the incredible pounding the coast took:
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Nov/22/surf17_400.jpg

sponge


25 Nov 2003 07:56:31
pnwk
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

> > http://www.hisurfadvisory.com/stuff/images/eastswell/eastswell_07.jpg
>
looks like cocka roach bay was pumping


25 Nov 2003 18:31:05
XPEH
Re: Sandy Beach yesterday-Hey Neil, Need More Photos

the violence of the sea never seas to amaze me

"Neal Miyake" <sponge@iav.com > wrote in message
news:3fa1168b.0311250753.ab30751@posting.google.com...
> Bob Barnett <bob.barnett@charter.net> wrote:
> > Neal Miyake wrote: <snip>
> > > http://www.y2kanu.com/htm/ron_barron/images/DSC_0071%20(2).jpg
> >
> > How far out was that wave?
>
> I have no idea. Shot probably taken from the Blowhole--high vantage
point.
>
> <snip>
> > My brother said 10 foot waves were throwing pieces of coral onto the
> > beach at Hanauma
>
> Would not be surprised given the incredible pounding the coast took:
> http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2003/Nov/22/surf17_400.jpg
>
> sponge




25 Nov 2003 22:19:40
T. Yuben
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

"XPEH" <nospam@here.com > wrote in message news:<cFJwb.7398$o9.1794@fed1read07>...
> > XPEH?
>
> yes?

Where were you? All the stalls (including numero dos) were full of girls...


26 Nov 2003 06:58:11
XPEH
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

i strapped on some fake tits and a skirt just so i could get my fill ...
OUT!

"T. Yuben" <coffin_spit@weedmail.com > wrote in message
news:ee443441.0311252219.4f5949d8@posting.google.com...
> "XPEH" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
news:<cFJwb.7398$o9.1794@fed1read07 >...
> > > XPEH?
> >
> > yes?
>
> Where were you? All the stalls (including numero dos) were full of
girls...




26 Nov 2003 18:21:52
anatom10
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

coffin_spit@weedmail.com (T. Yuben) wrote in message news:<ee443441.0311250345.2b8d497d@posting.google.com >...
> binya666@yahoo.com (anatom10) wrote in message ..
> > "XPEH" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:<xjWvb.3771$o9.513@fed1read07>...
> > > have the water temps been running a bit low for this time of the year down
> > > under? i've noticed that around the Sunshine Coast of QLD its 21C/70F ... i
> > > mean its almost summer down there ... what are the typical temp ranges
> > > through out the year?
> >
> > Sydney is upto 20C. Last week was sunny with a small pulse - so I
> > opted for a few sessions in boardies and it was great...
> >
> > Best of waves,
> > Ben
>
>
> I just spent the last 4 days in Syd, 3 of em at Bondi. The surf was
> shit, wasn't my agenda. u still there eh? Haven't seen you post for a
> while.

I'm still here in Bondi - the most crowded (crappy) beach break in
Australia. I hope to move up the coast in about 6 months, maybe coffs
harbour or a little south of coffs - catch some good point breaks for
a change.

Ben


27 Nov 2003 07:13:57
DMan
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

"XPEH" <nospam@here.com > wrote in message news:<tc3xb.11541$o9.5843@fed1read07>...

> i strapped on some fake tits and a skirt just so i could get my fill ...
> OUT!
>

In my neighborhood, that's a common sight. They don't even bother
putting Men/Women signs on restroom doors anymore. Waste of good
money. In case your interested, there's a sale on 38-D's this weekend.
Seems the stores can't sell them cuz the guys all want 42-EE's.


27 Nov 2003 22:02:29
mountain man
Re: water temps in AUS? Rugby world cup sorrows drowned...

"anatom10" <binya666@yahoo.com > wrote:

> - catch some good point breaks for a change.

Let me know if you can travel south for a day or two
before you go north. If Huey can arrange the swell
I'll introduce you to a few point breaks "out-of-town".

You have the alcapone number?

Keep paddling into them Ben.



Pete (Farmer) Brown
Falls Creek
OZ
www.mountainman.com.au