20 Jul 2004 02:31:37
CCS
Snooker

Perhaps something needs done about the long summer break .

Are the professional players nothing but little cry babys that need this
amount of time off or summit .

20 Jul 2004 12:14:58
Karl Goddard
Re: Snooker

I think the summer break is perfectly acceptable Petey, as I'm on week 2 of
my 7 and a bit weeks (paid) break!

Sadly that's where the similarity between a pro snooker player and myself
ends.

Karl <~~ swapping his servers for decorating duties ;-(

"CCS" <webmaster@cannabiscoffeeshops.co.uk.INVALID > wrote in message
> Perhaps something needs done about the long summer break .
>
> Are the professional players nothing but little cry babys that need this
> amount of time off or summit .

20 Jul 2004 13:47:27
CCS
Re: Snooker

<alt.sport.snooker , Karl Goddard , karlDOTgoddard@primary-ict.co.uk >
<2m4d5kFiiikkU1@uni-berlin.de >
<Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:14:58 +0100 >

> I think the summer break is perfectly acceptable

What about the players who need a 2nd job to survive , How about having
2-3 summer tournaments that only the top 33-64 can compete in .

The 33-64 players usually get first time tv nerves if they make it into
the tv stages against the big guns and mostly get gubbed as a result .

--
www.cannabiscoffeeshops.co.uk

22 Jul 2004 22:12:12
Karl Goddard
Re: Snooker

very good idea Pete, but where does the money for the prize fund come from?

there's enough trouble trying to drum up the dosh to fund a pro circuit with
the umpteen TV hours that these events get, let alone tournaments that cater
for the also rans

> What about the players who need a 2nd job to survive , How about having
> 2-3 summer tournaments that only the top 33-64 can compete in .
>
> The 33-64 players usually get first time tv nerves if they make it into
> the tv stages against the big guns and mostly get gubbed as a result .
>

> --
> www.cannabiscoffeeshops.co.uk

23 Jul 2004 01:57:11
CCS
Re: Snooker

<alt.sport.snooker , Karl Goddard , karlDOTgoddard@primary-ict.co.uk >
<2maorfFl0ehgU1@uni-berlin.de >
<Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:12:12 +0100 >

> very good idea Pete, but where does the money for the prize fund come from?
>
> there's enough trouble trying to drum up the dosh to fund a pro circuit with
> the umpteen TV hours that these events get, let alone tournaments that cater
> for the also rans

Pete isnt snooker management .

I assume people get paid for this sort of thing - unless they accept
money under false pretences of course - ouch! :-)

--
www.cannabiscoffeeshops.co.uk

23 Jul 2004 14:06:23
NP
Re: Snooker

Always wondered why snooker can't be like golf in that respect ... plenty of
tournaments there and who runs the sport of golf?

Why can't there be snooker tours all over the world? Snooker (everyone
knows) is big all over Asia as far as I can see. They love their snooker!

Bad management by the governing body I wonder? Administrators that don't
really have a clue how to develop the sport worldwide? or the business
acumen to make snooker a real worldwide success?!??

Why can't they take a leaf out of golf's book?

PS: Barry Hearn is doing a fantastic job promoting Pool throughout different
areas of the globe. Why can't someone do the same for snooker? Let's face it
most people that play cue sports know that snooker is the most difficult
game to play and is more enjoyable than any of the others - with more skill
involved ... and it is more enjoyable to watch so why not .. just WHY
NOT????

Sorry ... u can probably tell, I love my snooker and the sport and just
wonder why snooker can't be the same as golf in that respect? Just gettting
a few withdrawal symptonms cos there's no snooker on the telly apart from
the league on Sky Sports and that's history now let's face it!

Food for thought ...... please discuss.

NP.

> <alt.sport.snooker , Karl Goddard , karlDOTgoddard@primary-ict.co.uk>
> <2maorfFl0ehgU1@uni-berlin.de>
> <Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:12:12 +0100>
>
> > very good idea Pete, but where does the money for the prize fund come
from?

> > there's enough trouble trying to drum up the dosh to fund a pro circuit
with
> > the umpteen TV hours that these events get, let alone tournaments that
cater
> > for the also rans
> >

> Pete isnt snooker management .
>
> I assume people get paid for this sort of thing - unless they accept
> money under false pretences of course - ouch! :-)
>

> --
> www.cannabiscoffeeshops.co.uk

25 Jul 2004 01:41:12
Matthew Bennett
Re: Snooker

> most people that play cue sports know that snooker is the most difficult
> game to play and is more enjoyable than any of the others - with more
skill
> involved ... and it is more enjoyable to watch so why not .. just WHY
> NOT????

Have you ever watched Stephen Lee play?

27 Jul 2004 10:13:28
Tjander Nathoeni
Re: Snooker

NP wrote:
> Let's face it
> most people that play cue sports know that snooker is the most difficult
> game to play and is more enjoyable than any of the others - with more skill
> involved
I take it you haven't heard of a game called Three Cushion?

Cheers,
Tjander

27 Jul 2004 18:56:25
PockitWeesil
Re: Snooker

... or bar billiards ...

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:13:28 +0200, Tjander Nathoeni
<t.nathoeni@its.tudelft.nl > wrote:

: NP wrote:
: > Let's face it
: > most people that play cue sports know that snooker is the most difficult
: > game to play and is more enjoyable than any of the others - with more skill
: > involved
: I take it you haven't heard of a game called Three Cushion?
:
:
: Cheers,
: Tjander

28 Jul 2004 00:24:36
Mat Wilson
Re: Snooker

"Tjander Nathoeni" <t.nathoeni@its.tudelft.nl > wrote in message
> NP wrote:
> > Let's face it
> > most people that play cue sports know that snooker is the most difficult
> > game to play and is more enjoyable than any of the others - with more
skill
> > involved
> I take it you haven't heard of a game called Three Cushion?

I take it you haven't heard of a game called Four Cushion?

Mat Wilson

28 Jul 2004 08:25:58
Karl Goddard
Re: Snooker

four cushion.... FOUR CUSHION..... ya soft geordie git

me dad used to make us practice four cushion to ready our 'sen for 5 cushion
1 pocket bar snooker

now THAT'S a mans game...

"Mat Wilson" <miss@cue.com > wrote in message

<snip >

> I take it you haven't heard of a game called Four Cushion?
>
> Mat Wilson

28 Jul 2004 10:26:55
Tjander Nathoeni
Re: Snooker

Karl Goddard wrote:

> four cushion.... FOUR CUSHION..... ya soft geordie git
>
> me dad used to make us practice four cushion to ready our 'sen for 5 cushion
> 1 pocket bar snooker
>
> now THAT'S a mans game...
LOL!

Seriously, 1P on a snooker table would be an ultimately challenging
cuegame.

Cheers,
Tjander

28 Jul 2004 10:01:42
Mat Wilson
Re: Snooker

"Karl Goddard" <karlDOTgoddard@primary-ict.co.uk > wrote in message
> four cushion.... FOUR CUSHION..... ya soft geordie git
>
> me dad used to make us practice four cushion to ready our 'sen for 5
cushion
> 1 pocket bar snooker
>
> now THAT'S a mans game...

You'd need arms like Arnie and a cue made of embossed titanium to play 5
cushion on some of the bogs that pass for tables in Newcastle. I told the
manager of one snooker hall that playing on his tables was like playing in a
swamp with cannonballs and he tried to bar me. Don't some of these
quarter-wits know how to brush and iron their tables?

Mat Wilson