12 Jan 2004 23:37:31
Y Wong
Replacing tip with a smaller tip

Hi,

Recently I received a new cue as a gift, I love it and all but the tip
is a lil' bigger than what I'm acustomed to. I've never replaced a tip
so I'm wondering if I can replace the tip with a smaller tip. I'm sure
I know the answer but just wondering if there is any way..

Thanks :)

13 Jan 2004 15:11:33
Adam Wyard
Re: Replacing tip with a smaller tip

You'll probably find that when you play very low or high on the ball it'll
slide off the tip and hit the ferrule. Apart from the fact that it should be
called a foul, you'll generally miss-cue and the white will go nowhere near
where you want it.

There are ways to reduce the ferrule size, basically by butchering the cue.
The other way is to play for a bit with the different tip and see if you get
used to it. I went from a 9mm to 10mm with no problems.

"Y Wong" <jewpsie@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Recently I received a new cue as a gift, I love it and all but the tip
> is a lil' bigger than what I'm acustomed to. I've never replaced a tip
> so I'm wondering if I can replace the tip with a smaller tip. I'm sure
> I know the answer but just wondering if there is any way..
>
> Thanks :)

15 Jan 2004 01:00:20
Y Wong
Re: Replacing tip with a smaller tip

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's not worth the disadvantage
afterall. I don't think i will butcher up the cue since it's a carbon
fibre wrapped cue. The bigger tip size is not that hard to get used
to, I also used a 9mm tip and now 10mm.

Thanks again :)