20 Apr 2006 16:04:37
Hairy Armpit Inspector
Match fixing in snooker

If x amount are found out about and discovered .

Doesnt that in turn mean there must be x amount of match fixing that
goes on that remains unknown and undiscovered .

Unless its a unusal betting pattern or a reporter from a sunday
newspaper goes undercover to check - what else is done .

Does the official snooker sporting body have a pro active approach to
the issue and do they actually do their own investigations instead of
waiting for somebody else to point it out to them .

Surley if its happened a number of times in the past (and recently) then
its not a matter of 'if' its going to happen again - its a matter of
'when' it going to happen again .

What sort of yearly budget is allocated .

Do they even have a budget ? .

21 Apr 2006 21:13:23
Potblak
Re: Match fixing in snooker

All very good questions.
Have you asked the WSA?
I'd love to hear their response.
"Hairy Armpit Inspector" <me@privacy.net > wrote in message
> If x amount are found out about and discovered .
>
> Doesnt that in turn mean there must be x amount of match fixing that
> goes on that remains unknown and undiscovered .
>
> Unless its a unusal betting pattern or a reporter from a sunday
> newspaper goes undercover to check - what else is done .
>
> Does the official snooker sporting body have a pro active approach to
> the issue and do they actually do their own investigations instead of
> waiting for somebody else to point it out to them .
>
> Surley if its happened a number of times in the past (and recently) then
> its not a matter of 'if' its going to happen again - its a matter of
> 'when' it going to happen again .
>
> What sort of yearly budget is allocated .
>
> Do they even have a budget ? .

19 Jul 2006 10:58:33
oreely
Re: Match fixing in snooker

Dont worry, I dont think its rife, QH was an unbridled nutter. Now believed
to be touring the asylum circuit.