18 Feb 2008 18:19:58
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?=
Betting advice

Never, ever bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan. He's more temperamental than a
6-year old with ADD in a supermarket checkout queue.

Selby to win the World Championship? PaddyPower are offering 6-1, which
is a bit narrow for my liking.


18 Feb 2008 18:35:53
Krustov
Re: Betting advice

<alt.sport.snooker >
<Anton G=3Fsen >
<Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:19:58 +0000 >
<fpciai$khc$1@registered.motzarella.org >

> Never, ever bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan. He's more temperamental than a
> 6-year old with ADD in a supermarket checkout queue.
>
> Selby to win the World Championship? PaddyPower are offering 6-1, which
> is a bit narrow for my liking.
>

IMHO selby has more luck than skill .

Some arseholes on tv have said shite like 'hes here to stay' blah blah
and thats the same sort of shite they said about murphy / fu / ding to
name but a few .

Selby is a flash in pan player who will soon start to get knocked out of
tournaments in the quarter finals - and once that happens for the first
time - then it will be proved he doesnt have what it takes to be a
steady consistant performer .

Note how selby has to slow things down to a snails pace in order to win
when hes behind in frame scores .

Is there many professional snooker players who take almost 2 minutes to
play every shot when they are behind ? .


18 Feb 2008 18:52:18
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Anton_G=FFsen?
Re: Betting advice

Krustov wrote:
> <alt.sport.snooker>
> <Anton G=3Fsen>
> <Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:19:58 +0000>
> <fpciai$khc$1@registered.motzarella.org>
>
>> Never, ever bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan. He's more temperamental than a
>> 6-year old with ADD in a supermarket checkout queue.
>>
>> Selby to win the World Championship? PaddyPower are offering 6-1, which
>> is a bit narrow for my liking.
>>
>
> IMHO selby has more luck than skill .

He did have a lot of luck in the final few frames last night but you
have to give him credit for battling on when he was 5-8 down.

> Some arseholes on tv have said shite like 'hes here to stay' blah blah
> and thats the same sort of shite they said about murphy / fu / ding to
> name but a few .

I would say that Murphy and Fu are "here to stay", dunno about Ding, ask
me again in 5 years' time!

> Selby is a flash in pan player who will soon start to get knocked out of
> tournaments in the quarter finals - and once that happens for the first
> time - then it will be proved he doesnt have what it takes to be a
> steady consistant performer .

But he has already proved to be consistent, more consistent than anyone
else has been in the last year. He has a very professional attitude
under the "jester" comeraderie he shows in front of the crowd, which is
more than can be said for Ding, for example.
What about Hendry, would you call him inconsistent because he hasn't
been able to win a thing the past few years?

> Note how selby has to slow things down to a snails pace in order to win
> when hes behind in frame scores .

Slowing the game down, which Selby did to some (but not a great) extent
last night is not guaranteed to win you a frame. Ronnie should be able
to keep his concentration for the minute or two between each shot. If he
was able to do that, then he would be unbeatable.

> Is there many professional snooker players who take almost 2 minutes to
> play every shot when they are behind ? .

Ebdon?