09 Nov 2004 06:43:49
Matthew Hills
prb.net - best video of textbook play?

I'm looking for a tape of a pro match that would be a rich illustration for
sound, fundamental racquetball technique.
(good positioning, percentage shots, etc.)

(don't answer 2002 US Open Sudsy/Jason -- I feel that each player brings
too much flavor that it would distract from a study on fundamentals)

Jack seems to be highly regarded for solid play, so any suggested match
to get? (maybe Ellis? -- not sure if they have any good matches on
tape, though... or anyone else?)

thanks,
Matt

09 Nov 2004 00:08:18
Brian
Re: prb.net - best video of textbook play?

I think one of the best for students etc..is Jack vs Kane in Texas. Jack is
"textbook" and Kane is just all over the place. Good contrast for students
to see and the DVD is just good overall quality. I have recommended this one
to a few people. John Ellis Vs Alvaro in Stockton is good too.

my 2 cents!!

Brian

* Real Estate Loan Consultant since 1988 - (www.fslc.com/briand)
* AMPRO Advanced Racquetball Instructor - (www.USAmpro.org)
* Junior Racquetball Director - Petaluma Valley Athletic Club -
(www.pvac.com)
* Board of Directors of COTS in Petaluma - (www.cots-homeless.org)

"Matthew Hills" <hills@s_t_a_n_f_o_r_d.edu > wrote in message

> I'm looking for a tape of a pro match that would be a rich illustration
> for
> sound, fundamental racquetball technique.
> (good positioning, percentage shots, etc.)
>
> (don't answer 2002 US Open Sudsy/Jason -- I feel that each player brings
> too much flavor that it would distract from a study on fundamentals)
>
> Jack seems to be highly regarded for solid play, so any suggested match
> to get? (maybe Ellis? -- not sure if they have any good matches on
> tape, though... or anyone else?)
>
> thanks,
> Matt

09 Nov 2004 14:46:55
Leo V.
Re: prb.net - best video of textbook play?

Brian,
Thanks for the compliment. Myself along with my brother (Mike) did
that as a 2-man production. We took extra time in the set-up and alot
of test shots that gave us the best angle for viewing that match. There
were 3 different spots we could have shot from but that angle was the best.
And yes, you are right, the match is probably the best video for fundamental
learning of the game between 2 of the best players in the world.
The crowd is not as loud as most were still hungover from the night
before...hahaha
My brother did an excellent job on working the camera and I didn't say too
much
on the mic.
Leo
Maverick Pro Shop
http://www.themav.com/

"Brian" <Bridix@jupe.com > wrote in message
>I think one of the best for students etc..is Jack vs Kane in Texas. Jack is
>"textbook" and Kane is just all over the place. Good contrast for students
>to see and the DVD is just good overall quality. I have recommended this
>one to a few people. John Ellis Vs Alvaro in Stockton is good too.
>
> my 2 cents!!
>
> Brian

> * Real Estate Loan Consultant since 1988 - (www.fslc.com/briand)
> * AMPRO Advanced Racquetball Instructor - (www.USAmpro.org)
> * Junior Racquetball Director - Petaluma Valley Athletic Club -
> (www.pvac.com)
> * Board of Directors of COTS in Petaluma - (www.cots-homeless.org)

> "Matthew Hills" <hills@s_t_a_n_f_o_r_d.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm looking for a tape of a pro match that would be a rich illustration
>> for
>> sound, fundamental racquetball technique.
>> (good positioning, percentage shots, etc.)
>>
>> (don't answer 2002 US Open Sudsy/Jason -- I feel that each player brings
>> too much flavor that it would distract from a study on fundamentals)
>>
>> Jack seems to be highly regarded for solid play, so any suggested match
>> to get? (maybe Ellis? -- not sure if they have any good matches on
>> tape, though... or anyone else?)
>>
>> thanks,
>> Matt

09 Nov 2004 18:16:27
pds
Re: prb.net - best video of textbook play?

for many people such as myself who have only mediocre athletic ability I
would think the best examples of technique and fundamentals would come from
watching the top women. I'll always remember watching Kersten Hollander
play for the first time at Riverside in the men's AA division.