29 Jan 2005 23:35:07
rob
im ready to buy the head liquid metal 170

but before i do, does anyone have strong advice why i should avoid it?

$$$ is also a factor, and i can deal with getting it for $150 online... i
dont want to spend $200+

thanks for all who give input who tried it, whether positive or negative

30 Jan 2005 12:06:20
Tim Jr.
Re: im ready to buy the head liquid metal 170

I got one brand new on ebay for 152.00 plus shipping.

The only thing I would warn against is that ebay is not an "authorized
head dealer" so HEAD doesn't cover the warranty. You have to mail any
damaged racquets back to the person/company you bought it from, and
hope they can replace it for you. There's no guarantee though.

Awesome racquet. Best I've ever hit.

TJR

joely@adelphia.net wrote:
> rob wrote:
> > but before i do, does anyone have strong advice why i should avoid
> it?
> >
> > $$$ is also a factor, and i can deal with getting it for $150
> online... i
> > dont want to spend $200+
> >
> > thanks for all who give input who tried it, whether positive or
> negative
>
> Not sure I understand what you wrote. Where can you get a LQ170 for
> $150 online? Not possible as far as I know. But I DO know where you
> can get one for much less than $200.
>
> As for the racquet- it's great. I'm sure you'll love it.
> Joel, Head RMC PA
> TeamHeadPA@Hotmail.com

30 Jan 2005 14:06:18
JoeRacquetball
Re: im ready to buy the head liquid metal 170

I would not get this racquet if you have not played with a light
racquet before. Your swing will have to change to accomodate the
lighter weight. However, the balance is superb - a bit head heavy, and
it hits hard with a lot of control. It also looks very cool.

If you cannot play with the light racquet I suggest the 180 LM, not as
head heavy, but swings very fast and hits very hard. Control is not an
issue. With its mustard color it means singular focus to rip balls.

If you like the balance of the 170 and need a heavier weight, the 190LM
will make the ball disappear. It swings fast, hits very very hard, and
offers great control. The racquet bag matches the racquet color, so
style is carried throughout. All the people that have tried the 190
love the feel and balance. It is also the least expensive, go figure!
Make the ball disappear from the back court at will with this weapon.

I have all three and am impressed by them all.

BTW, I am not HEAD sponsored.