24 Sep 2003 22:15:47
Abbas
any comments about ektelon more attack

I'm using Head i175 and it is really great. I restrung it very tight
after use of a year with factory string, and now its hurting my elbow.
So now I'm looking for a new racket.

After my research, I'm interested in ektelon more attack. Does anybody
have used it? Any comments about its control and power?

At racketworld.com, more attack has power rating 94 for Attack and 92
for Attitude but they are power rated by ektelon as 1950 for Attack
and 2000 for Attitude. I dont know who is more authentic but a user
review will be really helpful.

I'm interested more in control than power but sometimes you also want
power. Head i175 is really great racket for me. Tight string is just
an excuse, I think I'm bored with this racket and want something
different :-)

Thanks

Abbas

25 Sep 2003 06:09:06
Matthew David Hills
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

Abbas <hogo@mailandnews.com > wrote:
>I'm using Head i175 and it is really great. I restrung it very tight
>after use of a year with factory string, and now its hurting my elbow.
>So now I'm looking for a new racket.

Which year is the Head i175 from?
How long have you been using it?
If you liked it before and didn't have elbow problems, maybe restring
at a lower tension? (a higher tension typically transmits more
impact shock)

>After my research, I'm interested in ektelon more attack. Does anybody
>have used it? Any comments about its control and power?

You cite racquetworld ratings... did you know that they also offer
demos?

Matt

25 Sep 2003 09:54:01
Dave

hogo@mailandnews.com (Abbas) wrote in message news:<45994695.0309242115.5d76314b@posting.google.com >...
> I'm using Head i175 and it is really great. I restrung it very tight
> after use of a year with factory string, and now its hurting my elbow.
> So now I'm looking for a new racket.
>
> After my research, I'm interested in ektelon more attack. Does anybody
> have used it? Any comments about its control and power?
>
> At racketworld.com, more attack has power rating 94 for Attack and 92
> for Attitude but they are power rated by ektelon as 1950 for Attack
> and 2000 for Attitude. I dont know who is more authentic but a user
> review will be really helpful.
>
> I'm interested more in control than power but sometimes you also want
> power. Head i175 is really great racket for me. Tight string is just
> an excuse, I think I'm bored with this racket and want something
> different :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Abbas

Hello Abbas,

I haven't tried the attack but *loved* the attitude.

It's a great racquet and is on sale at most places for between $99 and $129ish..

25 Sep 2003 22:42:49
JoelyRB
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

>I think I'm bored with this racket and want something different :-) < Abbas

If you think you have a sore elbow from an old Head wait till you start playin'
with an Ektelon- get to know some *real* pain.
Why don't you try the new Megablast 175; all the power and control of your old
racquet but in a new orangy flavor!!
Btw, loosely tie a thick, post-office type rubber band into the strings where a
dampner would go. See if it doesn't make a noticable improvement on the elbow.

Abbas
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

Thanks Matt, Dave, J

I'm using Head i175 for almost 1.5 years. Was no pain before or may be
I'm getting old :-)

Always in tight budget :P - racketworld offer demo but my budget is
not of new racket. I'll buy from eBay most probably.

Megablast is the "best" bet but the price is also megablast. May be I
wait more, save more and go for megablast but I know I cant wait and
will buy something but for sure, megablast is best cuz I know the i175
very well.

Reason I was interested in more attack was its power rating and
control rating. What a blast.

But if you have experience that on average ektelon have more vibration
than head then I think I'll stick with head rackets.

Yes J, damper is good option.

Can anybody compare same rank rackets from ektelon and head?

Thanks

Abbas

26 Sep 2003 04:01:58
BigG
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

Abbas:

I have been using the HEAD I165's for a couple of years. I am getting
ready to switch to the Megablast. But elbow pain is more than not
related to a couple of things.

First, vibration. If you are using the old IX175 (Blue and Silver)
without a dampener, that would be the problem. I use HEAD bandit
dampeners in all my racquets. I have had elbow pain only with the old
175 without a dampener.

Second, it also could be swing mechanics. If you are hyper extending
your elbow in the backhand stroke, that will kill the elbow in no
time. Ask a top player in your area to watch your swing for proper
mechanics.

As far as power, that is totally swing mechanics - timing - practice -
conditioning etc. All the new racquets are plenty powerful enough!

Gary E. Gaiotti
Team HEAD Florida
Certified AmPRO Instructor
Premier Racquetball Club

26 Sep 2003 09:10:52
Dave

joelyrb@aol.com (JoelyRB) wrote in message news:<20030925184249.13774.00000231@mb-m12.aol.com >...
> >I think I'm bored with this racket and want something different :-) < Abbas
>
> If you think you have a sore elbow from an old Head wait till you start playin'
> with an Ektelon- get to know some *real* pain.

Well I don't know about that. But not even going to go there
discussing which racquet is better than another racquet. This could
turn into yet another 100 post long threads on which racquet is the
"best".

26 Sep 2003 15:16:01
rebar71

d_moeller@hotmail.com (Dave) wrote in message news:<69119f2c.0309260810.2c5d2fb8@posting.google.com >...
> joelyrb@aol.com (JoelyRB) wrote in message news:<20030925184249.13774.00000231@mb-m12.aol.com>...
> > >I think I'm bored with this racket and want something different :-) < Abbas
> >
> > If you think you have a sore elbow from an old Head wait till you start playin'
> > with an Ektelon- get to know some *real* pain.
>
> Well I don't know about that. But not even going to go there
> discussing which racquet is better than another racquet. This could
> turn into yet another 100 post long threads on which racquet is the
> "best".

I love my Ektelon Warrior - no arm pain here!

27 Sep 2003 00:45:05
Abbas
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

> Well I don't know about that. But not even going to go there
> discussing which racquet is better than another racquet. This could
> turn into yet another 100 post long threads on which racquet is the
> "best".

I agree with you that this is never ending story but I just want that
someone compare ektelon attack with some same calibar head racket.

I understand that all high end rackets give the high quality but if I
go by your statement then it means all rackets are same. Which IMHO I
dont agree cuz every manufacturer is different. For example, head is
changing trend from control to power which was not a head thing in
past. e-force rackets have speciality of power than control. Every
frame shape, every weight, every string layout, every manufacturer has
its unique characteristics/speciality.

I'm expecting consumer reviews that what they feel using these two
brand rackets. Especially ektelon attack and say head i160 or head
megablast 185. Or if someone cant compare then comment for one he/she
have experience with.

Thanks

Abbas

27 Sep 2003 15:42:44
drjack
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

I read the comments on what direction e force and head are going for
as far as power and control. But what is the direction with Pro
Kennex racquets?

28 Sep 2003 00:00:59
Zoey
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

I just hit with the eforce 170 and the megablast today so here you go....

the eforce170 is perfectly balanced and won't hurt your elbow. the previous
170's were head-heavy and created alot of momentum into the follow through
of your swing. this effect is largly gone now, but the string pattern still
lets you spank the ball.

the megablast is more "lively" than previous head frames and, personally, I
liked it much better than the previous frames from head. Head has adopted a
head-heavy frame and it almost felt like the handle was hollow when I hit
the ball. Very quick in my hand but if you have a weak shoulder/elbow this
may not be good for your body long term.

of the two, I would recommend the eforce 170. but if you have elbow pain,
it's probably not the frame - it's your swing.

just my .02

"drjack" <nacko1@aol.com > wrote in message
> I read the comments on what direction e force and head are going for
> as far as power and control. But what is the direction with Pro
> Kennex racquets?

28 Sep 2003 00:05:52
Abbas

"Zoey" <sorry@nospam.net > wrote in message news:<%wpdb.46347$eX1.38284@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>...
> I just hit with the eforce 170 and the megablast today so here you go....
>
> the eforce170 is perfectly balanced and won't hurt your elbow. the previous
> 170's were head-heavy and created alot of momentum into the follow through
> of your swing. this effect is largly gone now, but the string pattern still
> lets you spank the ball.
>
> the megablast is more "lively" than previous head frames and, personally, I
> liked it much better than the previous frames from head. Head has adopted a
> head-heavy frame and it almost felt like the handle was hollow when I hit
> the ball. Very quick in my hand but if you have a weak shoulder/elbow this
> may not be good for your body long term.
>
> of the two, I would recommend the eforce 170. but if you have elbow pain,
> it's probably not the frame - it's your swing.
>
> just my .02

Thanks Zoey, this was good comparison.

EForce have atleast 4 rackets of 170 but I beleive you are talking
about the latest one cuz you are comparing with megablast. I
personally like head rackets. i175 XL is my favourite but after
breaking strings, I strung it very tight, assuming my shots will be
more powerful :-)) but it did not help me as I was expecting. Now if I
place/kill shot then sometimes it dont go in straight line but in
parabola which is bad.

But now with the help of you all, I've a good list to choose from.

Thanks

Abbas

28 Sep 2003 08:20:13
Zoey
Re: any comments about ektelon more attack

the rule on string tentions is:
tighter for control (tough on the elbow/wrist/shoulder)
looser for power (trick is you have to swing faster wich might not be easy!)

Some of the pros string their racquets in the high 20's (26-28lbs)
The control freaks string their racquets in the mid-high 30's (34-38lbs)

find your sweet spot and it will make a world of difference.

good luck!