11 Mar 2005 00:07:57
the prez...
USAR Opinion Poll

The USAR web site has been re-designed if you haven't been there lately.
It's looking good.

There's an opinion poll posted about 3/4 of the way down on the front page
dealing with Regionals and a new policy they're going to try this year. I
like the policy. But it doesn't look like many people have taken the poll. I
would love to see a ton of people go there and make their feelings known. So
surf on over there and check it out.
www.usra.org

Thanks,
Lynn

10 Mar 2005 17:36:07
E. Hill
Re: USAR Opinion Poll

> It's looking good.

With at least a few dead links.

Eric

10 Mar 2005 17:51:04
E. Hill
Re: USAR Opinion Poll

lol.

http://www.usra.org/Default.aspx?tabid=638&mid=4754&ctl=NewsArticleDetail&NewsArticleID=17

"Here's the real story... The bank, which held both our operating accounts
and our mortgage contract, merely froze our funds as a means of insuring
that we would make a $330,000 balloon payment that was due March 15, 2005.
Needless to say, their action caused us tremendous financial pressure and
concern."

Huh? Here's the real story... They probably froze the accounts because they
believed there was little chance that the balloon would be paid. Banks don't
freeze assets for kicks and giggles. *Their* action caused the *USRA*
tremendous financial pressure and concern? Ha! What about the *USRA's*
actions causing
*them* concern?

This is one reason I don't join the USRA - there's obviously a lack of
financial integrity. Pay your bills for a few years, and then come see me.

Eric

14 Mar 2005 20:15:21
pds
Re: USAR Opinion Poll

What exactly is the purpose of a regional qualifier? I don't get it. If
they want a qualifier why not use the state tournament? If they want money
then charge whatever you need. The way it is done now seems to foster
sandbagging and lack of trust in the rankings systems not to mention how
much it undermines the states own championship tournaments.

"the prez..." <ihatespam@nospam.com > wrote in message
> The USAR web site has been re-designed if you haven't been there lately.
> It's looking good.
>
> There's an opinion poll posted about 3/4 of the way down on the front page
> dealing with Regionals and a new policy they're going to try this year. I
> like the policy. But it doesn't look like many people have taken the poll.
> would love to see a ton of people go there and make their feelings known.
> So
> surf on over there and check it out.
> www.usra.org
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

06 Apr 2005 02:31:01
the prez...
Re: USAR Opinion Poll

Lynn writes:
> The USAR web site has been re-designed if you haven't been there lately.
> It's looking good.
>
> There's an opinion poll posted about 3/4 of the way down on the front page
> dealing with Regionals and a new policy they're going to try this year. I
> like the policy. But it doesn't look like many people have taken the poll.
> would love to see a ton of people go there and make their feelings known.
So
> surf on over there and check it out.
> www.usra.org

There has been a follow up question added to the web site concerning
Regional tournaments. It may help us to determine how you really feel about
this. I hope everyone can take the time to check it out.

Lynn