17 Aug 2004 19:06:55
dropshot99
Report from New World Games

In a surprising upset, Otto Dietrich representing the Country of Paraquay,
stopped
Leo Vasquez in only two games in the Racquetball World Championships held in
Post Office Box capital of Epanima. Vasquez had many chances to get in the
ballgame, but wasted them going after each and every ball, after the volley was
over, and retrieving it for Otto.
In another Quarter-Final match, Peter McMilliam, representing the Post Office
Box Country of Duseldorf, took a forfit, when he kept on insisting to call time
outs to watch the Michael Jachson trial.
Dropshot99

18 Aug 2004 23:35:38
Doowooper4
Re: Report from New World Games

Dropshot reports....

>In a surprising upset, Otto Dietrich representing the Country of Paraquay,
>stopped
>Leo Vasquez in only two games in the Racquetball World Championships held in
>Post Office Box capital of Epanima. Vasquez had many chances to get in the
>ballgame, but wasted them going after each and every ball, after the volley
>was
>over, and retrieving it for Otto.
>In another Quarter-Final match, Peter McMilliam, representing the Post Office
>Box Country of Duseldorf, took a forfit, when he kept on insisting to call
>time
>outs to watch the Michael Jachson trial.

I'v broken a rib, I'm laffing so hard.
The Doowopper

19 Aug 2004 22:55:48
jeffca
Re: Report from New World Games

In article <20040817150655.24808.00001456@mb-m16.aol.com >,
dropshot99@aol.com (dropshot99) wrote:

> In a surprising upset, Otto Dietrich representing the Country of Paraquay,
> stopped Leo Vasquez in only two games in the Racquetball World
> Championships held in Post Office Box capital of Epanima. Vasquez had many
> chances to get in the ballgame, but wasted them going after each and every
> ball, after the volley was over, and retrieving it for Otto.
> In another Quarter-Final match, Peter McMilliam, representing the Post
> Office Box Country of Duseldorf, took a forfit, when he kept on insisting
> to call time outs to watch the Michael Jachson trial.
> Dropshot99

Nyuk,nyuk. Too funny.

TOP SIX LIST

The top six reasons why racquetball exists as an international sport.

6. "Mailboxes R Us - Be your own boss. Be a world-class athlete."

5. "Racquetball. A game in a box. A sport in a P.O. box."

4. "Your P.O. box or mine."

3. "Mail us your entry form and fee, and we'll mail you back
your scores."

2. "Honest. The only courts available, *were* in South Korea!"

1. "The Aristocrat World Championships - or - The P.O. Box-off."

I'm tapped...can't do ten.

Along this same vein. Has anyone else been following the actual
olympics, with an eye open for obscure sports that look like they might
be fun to try? Don't the olympics promote them? I remember being given
the distinct impression that that's what they do.

jeffca "needs a new sport"

--
Good things start with a game of racquetball.