22 Apr 2004 04:10:35
Spiderman
Going out with da'boyz

Well ... ok, it may not be a big thing but after 6 weeks in this Ann Arbor,
Michigan league I'm in, I finally got invited to go out for a few brewskis
with da'boyz ... which lead to a "challenge match" with a one GREG ... what
is it about the name GREG that bugs me the most ... hahahaha ... he'll
probably kick my ass tomorrow ... not sure if he'll have to sit on me ;-)

BUT ... its a start ;-) ... talking with these boy'z, a couple have been in
the same situation a meself, far from home and looking for a friendly face
... the real reason why I haven't just WAXED THEM ALL ... hahahaha .. we'll
see tomorrow ;-)

Ed.
--
ProRacquetball.Net
http://www.ProRacquetball.Net

Racquetball Central
http://www.RacquetballCentral.Com

22 Apr 2004 09:08:30
Joe Argentina
Re: Going out with da'boyz

Ah, nothing like getting a new crew. Well, here's some advice:

Avoid the terms "brewski" and "da'boy'z" as they make you sound like
the father from Diff'rent Strokes.

Don't let them talk you into taking Saturday on the glory hole
schedule. Too many out-of-towners.

Tight hip-hugger jeans are all the rage, Ed. But thong-pop is sooo
2002.

If they take you to a knitting class, remember: French knots add a
decorative flair to any project.

Tell them you're tight with Snoop Dog. Making funny index finger /
pinky gestures should be enough to convince them. Then flash your
tits.

After several "brewskis", live up to your namesake by hanging upside
down until someone in the bar agrees to soulfully kiss you.

First impressions mean a lot. So greet everyone with, "Ah, more fresh
meat for my glorious, living pain altar to my dark lord and master,
Beelzebub!" Make an effort to laugh maniacally.

Be sure and mention to this "Greg" that you can't wait for him to "sit
on you" tomorrow. Make sure you look him directly in the eyes when you
tell him this, with your lips slightly parted. Leave out your
reference to "kicking ass" though. Sounds a little gay.

"Waxing" your new friends is probably inadvisable until at least the
third outing. Unless of course, one of them is especially hairy. Then
you have a duty.

Good luck Eddie!

Joe Argentina
Philly

"Spiderman" <spiderman@proracquetball.net > wrote in message news:<%AHhc.424$x64.285@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
> Well ... ok, it may not be a big thing but after 6 weeks in this Ann Arbor,
> Michigan league I'm in, I finally got invited to go out for a few brewskis
> with da'boyz ... which lead to a "challenge match" with a one GREG ... what
> is it about the name GREG that bugs me the most ... hahahaha ... he'll
> probably kick my ass tomorrow ... not sure if he'll have to sit on me ;-)
>
> BUT ... its a start ;-) ... talking with these boy'z, a couple have been in
> the same situation a meself, far from home and looking for a friendly face
> ... the real reason why I haven't just WAXED THEM ALL ... hahahaha .. we'll
> see tomorrow ;-)
>
> Ed.

22 Apr 2004 15:32:12
Dave
Re: Going out with da'boyz

joeargentina@hotmail.com (Joe Argentina) wrote like a lover scorned...

23 Apr 2004 02:11:37
Spiderman
Re: Going out with da'boyz

Dave, no worries ... I'm just happy to bring out the best in him, kind of a
trait I have. But anyway ... just got back from the big challenge match and
the bugger almost beat me ...great guy ... the whole group is pretty cool
and the club (One on One AC http://www.1on1club.com/,shameless plug) is
very friendly ... nice place to hang (just trying to give Joe some more
material to work with, he's got a gift ... I'm very envious :)

So the kicker was that ... first game we played with a Penn Blue. These are
concrete walls so the balls are more lively (more stuff Joe, run with it)
... I have a relatively easy game ... but then Greg says he doesn't like
that ball ... it's dead ... wow, I hate playing with dead balls (Joe?) but
it seemed ok ... the way I like to test a ball is hit an easy ceiling ball,
if it makes it to the backwall it's ok ... then I can hit it harder and
it'll come off higher and softer, etc ... to me that's a normal ball. It's
a dead ball to Greg ... so Greg refuses to play with it anymore (and I don't
blame him cause I was having my way with him (more for you JoeBuddy :) so he
goes and buys some new balls ... Ektelon blues (all they have at the club)
... these things are like super balls ... everything I hit is coming off the
backwall except for a junk lob?? BUT, it was better for Joe cause he's more
of a punchplayer ... he punches and places the ball more than taking a full
swing and crankin out a splat or something ... so actually it leveled the
playing field a bit ... and we had some good close games ... games 2 and 3
could have gone either way ... I just got lucky ... so it was fun playing
some tight games but STILL that's just not racquetball ...

What do you guys think .... any you boyz like to play with superballs??

(have at it Joe ... good stuff)

Ed.
--

"Dave" <d_moeller@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> joeargentina@hotmail.com (Joe Argentina) wrote like a lover scorned...

23 Apr 2004 02:13:29
Spiderman
Re: Going out with da'boyz

OH ... another thing ... first game no prob ... second game when we start
playing with the Ektelon superball ... we BOTH pop our strings ??

Ed.
--

> Dave, no worries ... I'm just happy to bring out the best in him, kind of
> trait I have. But anyway ... just got back from the big challenge match
and
> the bugger almost beat me ...great guy ... the whole group is pretty cool
> and the club (One on One AC http://www.1on1club.com/,shameless plug) is
> very friendly ... nice place to hang (just trying to give Joe some more
> material to work with, he's got a gift ... I'm very envious :)
>
> So the kicker was that ... first game we played with a Penn Blue. These
are
> concrete walls so the balls are more lively (more stuff Joe, run with it)
> ... I have a relatively easy game ... but then Greg says he doesn't like
> that ball ... it's dead ... wow, I hate playing with dead balls (Joe?) but
> it seemed ok ... the way I like to test a ball is hit an easy ceiling
ball,
> if it makes it to the backwall it's ok ... then I can hit it harder and
> it'll come off higher and softer, etc ... to me that's a normal ball.
It's
> a dead ball to Greg ... so Greg refuses to play with it anymore (and I
don't
> blame him cause I was having my way with him (more for you JoeBuddy :) so
he
> goes and buys some new balls ... Ektelon blues (all they have at the club)
> ... these things are like super balls ... everything I hit is coming off
the
> backwall except for a junk lob?? BUT, it was better for Joe cause he's
more
> of a punchplayer ... he punches and places the ball more than taking a
full
> swing and crankin out a splat or something ... so actually it leveled the
> playing field a bit ... and we had some good close games ... games 2 and 3
> could have gone either way ... I just got lucky ... so it was fun playing
> some tight games but STILL that's just not racquetball ...
>
> What do you guys think .... any you boyz like to play with superballs??
>
> (have at it Joe ... good stuff)
>
> Ed.
> --
> ProRacquetball.Net
> http://www.ProRacquetball.Net
>
> Racquetball Central
> http://www.RacquetballCentral.Com
>

> "Dave" <d_moeller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > joeargentina@hotmail.com (Joe Argentina) wrote like a lover scorned...

23 Apr 2004 08:19:11
rebar71
Re: Going out with da'boyz

"Spiderman" <spiderman@proracquetball.net > wrote in message news:<tX_hc.10893$xB7.1502@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>...

> What do you guys think .... any you boyz like to play with superballs??

How about a ball that's been in one of those pressurizers for a
minimum of 2 months. Talk about a super-action fun ball... I got a
buddy that loves to play with those. I've got a couple myself, but I
only use them (sometimes) when I play with him.

23 Apr 2004 08:34:18
Dave
Re: Going out with da'boyz

"Spiderman" <spiderman@proracquetball.net > wrote in message news:<tX_hc.10893<snipped ode to Joe>

> What do you guys think .... any you boyz like to play with superballs??
>
> (have at it Joe ... good stuff)
>
> Ed.
> --
> ProRacquetball.Net
> http://www.ProRacquetball.Net
>
> Racquetball Central
> http://www.RacquetballCentral.Com

I like playing with whatever is newest. Used to hate Penn greens but
then got used to them and now like them. Blue's are OK but this year
are manufacturers or ball specs must have changed. They are either
dead or superballs. Not much in between. Anyway this is kinda like
which racquet debate.. :)

Keep your eyes on the ball and the bounce doesn't matter.. :P