18 Jan 2005 07:08:47
Smplycool
United Kingdom Tournament!

I hope everyone had a GREAT NEW YEARS EVE and are well into preserving the
power of resolutions. They work and help.

So, it's a new year and people probably (hopefully) "hit the ground running"
with event planning for the coming months. Am I correct? Ok, well...maybe not
event planning, necessarily, but rather thinking about the "future". What
school should I go to? What car or major purchase should I get/do? What item
should I buy in WoW? Who should I call today? Do I need to save money? Etc etc.

Well, how about the upcoming UK tournament? Where do people stand on this
subject? Anyhow, think about the "future". It's a good thing to be highly
proactive.

Discuss!

Regards,

Anthony Bartoni

18 Jan 2005 22:48:15
Brennan
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

Smplycool wrote:
> I hope everyone had a GREAT NEW YEARS EVE and are well into
preserving the
> power of resolutions. They work and help.
>
> So, it's a new year and people probably (hopefully) "hit the ground
running"
> with event planning for the coming months. Am I correct? Ok,
well...maybe not
> event planning, necessarily, but rather thinking about the "future".
What
> school should I go to? What car or major purchase should I get/do?
What item
> should I buy in WoW? Who should I call today? Do I need to save
money? Etc etc.

> Well, how about the upcoming UK tournament? Where do people stand on
this
> subject? Anyhow, think about the "future". It's a good thing to be
highly
> proactive.
>
> Discuss!
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Bartoni

Are there dates?

Brennan

19 Jan 2005 23:52:44
Brian Katz
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

I'm still relatively interested, but I need dates!

Brian Katz

>I hope everyone had a GREAT NEW YEARS EVE and are well into preserving the
>power of resolutions. They work and help.
>
>So, it's a new year and people probably (hopefully) "hit the ground running"
>with event planning for the coming months. Am I correct? Ok, well...maybe not
>event planning, necessarily, but rather thinking about the "future". What
>school should I go to? What car or major purchase should I get/do? What item
>should I buy in WoW? Who should I call today? Do I need to save money? Etc etc.
>
>Well, how about the upcoming UK tournament? Where do people stand on this
>subject? Anyhow, think about the "future". It's a good thing to be highly
>proactive.
>
>Discuss!
>
>Regards,
>
>Anthony Bartoni

21 Jan 2005 01:50:13
Dibby
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

Hi Guys

The dates are the 3rd / 4th / 5th of June.

Location - South Shields, England.

Anthony and I have been discussing this comp for a few months now, for
more information contact him directly or email me at peei@hotmail.com

Regards

Dibby
UK

Brian Katz wrote:
> I'm still relatively interested, but I need dates!
>
> Brian Katz
>
> >I hope everyone had a GREAT NEW YEARS EVE and are well into
preserving the
> >power of resolutions. They work and help.
> >
> >So, it's a new year and people probably (hopefully) "hit the ground
running"
> >with event planning for the coming months. Am I correct? Ok,
well...maybe not
> >event planning, necessarily, but rather thinking about the "future".
What
> >school should I go to? What car or major purchase should I get/do?
What item
> >should I buy in WoW? Who should I call today? Do I need to save
money? Etc etc.

> >Well, how about the upcoming UK tournament? Where do people stand on
this
> >subject? Anyhow, think about the "future". It's a good thing to be
highly
> >proactive.
> >
> >Discuss!
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Anthony Bartoni

21 Jan 2005 02:00:19
Dibby
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

Ha

That addy should read peei

Cheers

Dibby

22 Jan 2005 09:18:12
Brian Katz
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

I'm assuming the entry fee for the US team(s) will be
nullified?? And will we be allowed to wear our space suits? :)

Brian Katz

>Hi Guys
>
>The dates are the 3rd / 4th / 5th of June.
>
>Location - South Shields, England.
>
>Anthony and I have been discussing this comp for a few months now, for
>more information contact him directly or email me at peei@hotmail.com
>
>Regards
>
>Dibby
>UK
>

>Brian Katz wrote:
>> I'm still relatively interested, but I need dates!
>>
>> Brian Katz
>>
>> >I hope everyone had a GREAT NEW YEARS EVE and are well into
>preserving the
>> >power of resolutions. They work and help.
>> >
>> >So, it's a new year and people probably (hopefully) "hit the ground
>running"
>> >with event planning for the coming months. Am I correct? Ok,
>well...maybe not
>> >event planning, necessarily, but rather thinking about the "future".
>What
>> >school should I go to? What car or major purchase should I get/do?
>What item
>> >should I buy in WoW? Who should I call today? Do I need to save
>money? Etc etc.
>> >
>> >Well, how about the upcoming UK tournament? Where do people stand on
>this
>> >subject? Anyhow, think about the "future". It's a good thing to be
>highly
>> >proactive.
>> >
>> >Discuss!
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >Anthony Bartoni

25 Jan 2005 17:30:26
zackar1@yahoo.com
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

Hmm.. >Depending on Airfare...and if you all need another let me know. I
would intrested in going.

Chaney

Brian Katz wrote:
> I'm assuming the entry fee for the US team(s) will be
> nullified?? And will we be allowed to wear our space suits? :)
>

> Brian Katz
>
> >Hi Guys
> >
> >The dates are the 3rd / 4th / 5th of June.
> >
> >Location - South Shields, England.
> >
> >Anthony and I have been discussing this comp for a few months now,
for
> >more information contact him directly or email me at
peei@hotmail.com

> >Regards
> >
> >Dibby
> >UK
> >

> >Brian Katz wrote:
> >> I'm still relatively interested, but I need dates!
> >>
> >> Brian Katz

> >preserving the

> >running"
> >well...maybe not
> >What
> >What item
> >money? Etc etc.

> >this
> >highly

26 Jan 2005 01:50:20
Dibby
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

Hi

Unfortunately we cannot nullify the entry fee due to costs invloved in
hiring the arena, however it will not be too expensive to enter, we are
looking at approx $50 (US) per player. Each team will play a minimum of
10 games and your entry fee includes entry into the 1's and 2's. The
suggested format is below, but may be subject to change. Leg = half

Games will consist of two 12 minute halves - back to back - with 6
minutes allowed for pack swapping.

2 x Groups of 6 - We will simply call the groups A & B
Everyone plays everyone in their group ,5th & 6th eliminated

60 legs

3rd Place A v 4th Place B

3rd Place B v 4th Pace A

Winners progress, losers eliminated

64 legs

Winners progress.

1st A vs 1st B = Winners progress to final, losers drop into semi final
play off.

66 legs

2nd A vs winners 3rd/4th place play off

2nd B vs winners of 3rd/4th place play off

Losers eliminated

70 legs

Winners of above play each other, loser eliminated.

72 legs

Winner of that plays 1st place loser.

74 legs.

Winner plays 1st place winner - FINAL ! (There will be a suitable rest
period before the final)

76 Legs

Cheers

Dibby

09 Feb 2005 23:42:08
jimmy
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

dibby

i used to play a really, really long time ago and im thinking about
taking the game up again. amazingly enough im moving out to the UK in
about three days. ill be about halfway between mildenhall and
brandon...hopefully someone recognizes those cities. is that anywhere
near this tourney arena or some others where people consistantly play
at??

jimmy marx

11 Feb 2005 02:22:31
Rob - BORG
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

I'm not sure about Brandon? but Mildenhall is about 1 hour from
Bedford where people play pretty regular, South Shields is about 5
hours north. Enfield in London is another place, a bit further than
Bedford, BORG are practising there on Tuesday or Wednesday nights at
the moment. Post on the UK boards if your looking to play when you get
over.

Rob - BORG

13 Feb 2005 05:54:26
jimmy

robmjp@hotmail.com (Rob - BORG) wrote in message news:<81878165.0502110222.64ad79ab@posting.google.com >...
> I'm not sure about Brandon? but Mildenhall is about 1 hour from
> Bedford where people play pretty regular, South Shields is about 5
> hours north. Enfield in London is another place, a bit further than
> Bedford, BORG are practising there on Tuesday or Wednesday nights at
> the moment. Post on the UK boards if your looking to play when you get
> over.
>
> Rob - BORG

thanks, ill do that once i get settled in a bit. i gotta do that
whole find a place to live thing. im sure ill see you later.

jimmy marx

15 Feb 2005 21:50:47
Mystik
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

may have another team from California going...so far we have 2
definate, the 3rd is a maybe right now...

17 Feb 2005 15:01:35
Rob - BORG
Re: United Kingdom Tournament!

Excellent! Its going to be a massive tournament, so who's coming for sure?

Rob - BORG