21 Sep 2005 07:49:13
Dan
Recovering pool table, adhesive or staple?

I'm recovering my 9' table (3 peice 1" slate with wood backer) and had
the rails done at a local shop.

What's the best method to attach the felt; hundreds of staples like
before, and/or spray adhesive on the edges? The entire field doesn't
need to be sprayed right? I was able to get several years out of the
used felt by using the other side when the table was moved.

Hints and tips?

Thanks,
Dan

21 Sep 2005 20:21:29
Mark0
Re: Recovering pool table, adhesive or staple?

Dan wrote:
> I'm recovering my 9' table (3 peice 1" slate with wood backer) and had
> the rails done at a local shop.
>
> What's the best method to attach the felt; hundreds of staples like
> before, and/or spray adhesive on the edges? The entire field doesn't
> need to be sprayed right? I was able to get several years out of the
> used felt by using the other side when the table was moved.
>
> Hints and tips?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

I'd staple it. You have more control over how tight you can pull it.

Mark0

Author: Secrets to a Perfect Pool Table Recovering Job
www.mccauleyweb.com/secrets.htm

23 Sep 2005 03:56:25
Dick
Re: Recovering pool table, adhesive or staple?

If it has a framed slate you staple, if it is a bare slate then you use
spray contact cement on the slate edges and a little under the slate. Never
glue the felt to the top of the slate.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at