28 May 2007 17:51:25
Nixon.D
How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???

I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.

Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.

Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!

I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
way . . . .

In any case, thanks in advance . . . .

McDave of Merryland

28 May 2007 16:56:45
High Miles
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Nixon.D wrote:
> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> way . . . .
>
> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> McDave of Merryland

If you knew anyone smart enough to be in MENSA, and they didn't hate
your insides,
they could surely help you find an answer on the Internet.

28 May 2007 18:07:48
donald tees

Nixon.D wrote:
> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???

About 5 seconds with google found this ...

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1

You sure you are part of Mensa? I'da thought you'd be clued into google
by now.

Donald

28 May 2007 18:10:53
Nixon.D

"High Miles" <2Blues17@comcast.net > wrote in message
> Nixon.D wrote:
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>> people.
>>
>> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>
>> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
>> participating in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up
>> sarcastic replies to your postings and you'd probably never again hear of
>> Pat Buchanan.
>>
>> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it
>> is going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>> language, your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved
>> descendants... !!
>>
>> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>> at a level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's
>> the MENSA way . . . .
>>
>> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>
>> McDave of Merryland
>>

> If you knew anyone smart enough to be in MENSA, and they didn't hate your
> insides,
> they could surely help you find an answer on the Internet.

I know a lot of people smart enough to be in MENSA. However, they are not
(far as I know) members. There are some of them that do not hate my
interior organs. In fact, I must admit that, at the moment, I do not
personally know ANY member of MENSA. Many MENSA members will keep their
membership to themselves; there is a certain degree of resentment among the
general public of that organization.

My original purpose for joining was to be able to use it in my resume.
Turns out it was more of a detriment than a benefit. Some employers don't
like people that are "too smart"; of course it depends upon the position for
which they're being hired.. . . .

In any case, MENSA, has nothing to do with this new newsgroup I intend to
create.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

McDave of Merryland

28 May 2007 15:21:52
Smorgass Bored
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

I think this little gem was the kicker here when trying to go
'Moderated' and with FL's 100s of aliases now, going 'moderated' would
never pass for RSB. Besides, we only have a handful of readers left
here.

3) AFTER the waiting period, and if there were no serious objections
that might invalidate the vote, and if 100 more valid YES/create
votes are received than NO/don't create AND at least 2/3 of the
total number of valid votes received are in favor of creation, a
newgroup control message may be sent out. If the 100 vote margin
or 2/3 percentage is not met, the group should not be created.

Doug
( good luck with your group )

28 May 2007 15:28:44
Nantz

On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net > wrote:
> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> way . . . .
>
> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> McDave of Merryland

Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.

Nancy

28 May 2007 15:35:00

On May 28, 6:28 pm, Nantz <thena...@charter.net > wrote:
> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> > special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> > I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> > Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> > Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
> > in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
> > your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> > Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> > information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> > uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
> > going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
> > your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> > I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> > level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> > way . . . .
>
> > In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> > McDave of Merryland
> > ===========================================================================
>
> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>
> Nancy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So verily true, fl has 152 iq, passed mensa test, went to meeting and
said, get me away from these fookin dorks who don't have the common
sense to come out of rain.

Verily gooooooooooooddd. you create new group, call it piggy piggy
and pals. PPP. Let Smorgie be grand muftie.

Verily goooooooooooooood idea, so when do you bozo pieces of shit take
off and get dee fook outta here.

ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh dont let door hit youse in
da ass on way out.

Take those two pieces of shit chinks hu and li li wit youse. dont
leave those two ding dongs behind.

28 May 2007 15:35:24
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

On May 28, 6:28 pm, Nantz <thena...@charter.net > wrote:
> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> > special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> > I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> > Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> > Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
> > in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
> > your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> > Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> > information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> > uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
> > going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
> > your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> > I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> > level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> > way . . . .
>
> > In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> > McDave of Merryland
> > ===========================================================================
>
> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>
> Nancy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So verily true, fl has 152 iq, passed mensa test, went to meeting and
said, get me away from these fookin dorks who don't have the common
sense to come out of rain.

Verily gooooooooooooddd. you create new group, call it piggy piggy
and pals. PPP. Let Smorgie be grand muftie.

Verily goooooooooooooood idea, so when do you bozo pieces of shit take
off and get dee fook outta here.

ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh dont let door hit youse in
da ass on way out.

Take those two pieces of shit chinks hu and li li wit youse. dont
leave those two ding dongs behind.

28 May 2007 18:43:27
donald tees

sookeysekihawarajap@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 28, 6:28 pm, Nantz <thena...@charter.net> wrote:
>> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>>> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
>>> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
>>> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>>> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>>> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
>>> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
>>> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
>>> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
>>> way . . . .
>>> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>> McDave of Merryland
>>> ===========================================================================
>> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
>> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
>> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
>> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>>
>> Nancy
>
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> So verily true, fl has 152 iq, passed mensa test, went to meeting and
> said, get me away from these fookin dorks who don't have the common
> sense to come out of rain.
>
> Verily gooooooooooooddd. you create new group, call it piggy piggy
> and pals. PPP. Let Smorgie be grand muftie.
>
> Verily goooooooooooooood idea, so when do you bozo pieces of shit take
> off and get dee fook outta here.
>
> ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh dont let door hit youse in
> da ass on way out.
>
> Take those two pieces of shit chinks hu and li li wit youse. dont
> leave those two ding dongs behind.

There you have it ... how well things like Mensa work as filters.

BTW, there is a traditional method of creating a new Newsgroup if you do
not want to follow the formalities, though you will not find it
documented. What you do is simply hi-jack an existing group. There are
probably ten thousand Usenet groups that have not been used for years.
About five minutes should find you one. Once you find it, simply use it,
and spread the word carefully ... ideally by invitation only.

Donald

28 May 2007 18:50:44
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Heh, heh.....
I did try GOOGLE. Just did not use the right words I suppose. Well,
that's whut' happens when you get decrepit and senile . . . . . .

McDave of Merryland

alt.sport.pool,rec.sport.billiard,soc.retirement,soc.senior.issues
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"donald tees" <donald@execulink.com > wrote in message
> Nixon.D wrote:
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
> About 5 seconds with google found this ...
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1
>
> You sure you are part of Mensa? I'da thought you'd be clued into google
> by now.
>
> Donald

28 May 2007 18:55:48
Nixon.D

"Nantz" <thenantz@charter.net > wrote in message
> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>> people.
>>
>> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>
>> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
>> participating
>> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies
>> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>
>> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it
>> is
>> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>> language,
>> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>
>> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>> at a
>> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
>> MENSA
>> way . . . .
>>
>> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>
>> McDave of Merryland
>
> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>
> Nancy

So do I. That is one of the reasons I am no longer a member . . . .

Puzzles, games, cryptograms, etc., etc.... no longer interest me.

McDave

28 May 2007 19:00:35
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Heh, heh, heh, heh, . . . . . .

One can always count on some sort of a blurt from Fast Larry Th' "Poor Man's
Billiards Instructor" !!!!

I see you are off your meds again, "fl"....... Try to calm down a
little. You're with elderly folk here who have heard your likes too many
times over the years. They cannot be conned by a lady of your ilk !!

McD.Daddy

<sookeysekihawarajap@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> On May 28, 6:28 pm, Nantz <thena...@charter.net> wrote:
>> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> > Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> > special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> > I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>> > people.
>>
>> > Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>
>> > Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
>> > participating
>> > in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies
>> > your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>
>> > Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> > information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> > uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it;
>> > it is
>> > going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>> > language,
>> > your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>
>> > I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>> > at a
>> > level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
>> > MENSA
>> > way . . . .
>>
>> > In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>
>> > McDave of Merryland
>> > ===========================================================================
>>
>> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
>> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
>> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
>> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>>
>> Nancy
>
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> So verily true, fl has 152 iq, passed mensa test, went to meeting and
> said, get me away from these fookin dorks who don't have the common
> sense to come out of rain.
>
> Verily gooooooooooooddd. you create new group, call it piggy piggy
> and pals. PPP. Let Smorgie be grand muftie.
>
> Verily goooooooooooooood idea, so when do you bozo pieces of shit take
> off and get dee fook outta here.
>
> ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh dont let door hit youse in
> da ass on way out.
>
> Take those two pieces of shit chinks hu and li li wit youse. dont
> leave those two ding dongs behind.

28 May 2007 18:53:17
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Interesting, but not a whole hell of a lot of help, Smorgass....
McDave
===========================

"Smorgass Bored" <SmorgassBored@Yahoo.com > wrote in message
>I think this little gem was the kicker here when trying to go
> 'Moderated' and with FL's 100s of aliases now, going 'moderated' would
> never pass for RSB. Besides, we only have a handful of readers left
> here.
>
> 3) AFTER the waiting period, and if there were no serious objections
> that might invalidate the vote, and if 100 more valid YES/create
> votes are received than NO/don't create AND at least 2/3 of the
> total number of valid votes received are in favor of creation, a
> newgroup control message may be sent out. If the 100 vote margin
> or 2/3 percentage is not met, the group should not be created.
>
> Doug
> ( good luck with your group )

28 May 2007 18:53:56
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Answered via E-Mail.

McDave

"donald tees" <donald@execulink.com > wrote in message
> Nixon.D wrote:
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
> About 5 seconds with google found this ...
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1
>
> You sure you are part of Mensa? I'da thought you'd be clued into google
> by now.
>
> Donald

28 May 2007 19:03:44
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Donald, you are truly a genius !!!!! I would never have thought of that.
Many thanks, my friend. A couple come to mind even as I reply to your
cogent screed here on this Memorial Day, 2007.

I just had to run outside and lower my flag to half mast...... I totally
forgot to do that this Memorial Day. I always think of it as being on 30
May . . . . . .

McDave
> sookeysekihawarajap@yahoo.com wrote:

>>> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
>>> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
>>> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
>>> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>>>
>>> Nancy
>>
>> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>> So verily true, fl has 152 iq, passed mensa test, went to meeting and
>> said, get me away from these fookin dorks who don't have the common
>> sense to come out of rain.
>>
>> Verily gooooooooooooddd. you create new group, call it piggy piggy
>> and pals. PPP. Let Smorgie be grand muftie.
>>
>> Verily goooooooooooooood idea, so when do you bozo pieces of shit take
>> off and get dee fook outta here.
>>
>> ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh dont let door hit youse in
>> da ass on way out.
>>
>> Take those two pieces of shit chinks hu and li li wit youse. dont
>> leave those two ding dongs behind.
>>
> There you have it ... how well things like Mensa work as filters.
>
> BTW, there is a traditional method of creating a new Newsgroup if you do
> not want to follow the formalities, though you will not find it
> documented. What you do is simply hi-jack an existing group. There are
> probably ten thousand Usenet groups that have not been used for years.
> About five minutes should find you one. Once you find it, simply use it,
> and spread the word carefully ... ideally by invitation only.
>
> Donald

28 May 2007 19:03:46
donald tees

Nixon.D wrote:
> Heh, heh.....
> I did try GOOGLE. Just did not use the right words I suppose. Well,
> that's whut' happens when you get decrepit and senile . . . . . .
>
> McDave of Merryland

I know the feeling well. Sometimes searching google is like trying to
nail jello to a tree. I used "usenet create group" though, and that was
the second cite ... labeled just that.

Donald

28 May 2007 19:06:06
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"fl";

We know you couldn't pass a test to get into "Pre-School".......

But - - - - - carry on. Seems like you're havin' fun.....

McDave
=========================

> On May 28, 6:28 pm, Nantz <thena...@charter.net> wrote:
>> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> > Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> > special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> > I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>> > people.
>>
>> > Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>
>> > Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
>> > participating
>> > in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies
>> > your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>
>> > Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> > information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> > uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it;
>> > it is
>> > going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>> > language,
>> > your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>
>> > I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>> > at a
>> > level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
>> > MENSA
>> > way . . . .
>>
>> > In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>
>> > McDave of Merryland
>> > ===========================================================================
>>
>> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
>> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
>> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
>> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>>
>> Nancy
>
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> So verily true, fl has 152 iq, passed mensa test, went to meeting and
> said, get me away from these fookin dorks who don't have the common
> sense to come out of rain.
>
> Verily gooooooooooooddd. you create new group, call it piggy piggy
> and pals. PPP. Let Smorgie be grand muftie.
>
> Verily goooooooooooooood idea, so when do you bozo pieces of shit take
> off and get dee fook outta here.
>
> ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh dont let door hit youse in
> da ass on way out.
>
> Take those two pieces of shit chinks hu and li li wit youse. dont
> leave those two ding dongs behind.

28 May 2007 18:17:00
Jean Smith
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

In article <_tCdnUtDR81E08bbnZ2dnUVZ_r-onZ2d@comcast.com >,
"Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net > wrote:

> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> way . . . .
>
> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> McDave of Merryland

How to Create a New Usenet Newsgroup
How to create a new usenet newsgroup in one of the Big-8 hierarchies.
Written by David Lawrence.
www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/

There are separate and perhaps simpler instructions in Google Groups.

--
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/authors/index.jhtml
http://shop.comedycentral.com/Books-by-Guests_stcVVcatId452047VVviewcat.htm

28 May 2007 16:24:49
Ken

On May 28, 2:56 pm, High Miles <2Blue...@comcast.net > wrote:
> Nixon.D wrote:
> > Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> > special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> If you knew anyone smart enough to be in MENSA, and they didn't hate
> your insides,
> they could surely help you find an answer on the Internet.

Hee hee hee

28 May 2007 16:28:17

On May 28, 7:17 pm, Jean Smith <goterm...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> In article <_tCdnUtDR81E08bbnZ2dnUVZ_r-on...@comcast.com>,
>

> "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> > special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> > I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> > Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> > Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
> > in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
> > your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> > Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> > information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> > uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
> > going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
> > your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> > I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> > level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> > way . . . .
>
> > In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> > McDave of Merryland
> > ===========================================================================
>
> How to Create a New Usenet Newsgroup
> How to create a new usenet newsgroup in one of the Big-8 hierarchies.
> Written by David Lawrence.www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/
>
> There are separate and perhaps simpler instructions in Google Groups.
>
> --http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/authors/index.jhtmlhttp://shop.comedycentral.com/Books-by-Guests_stcVVcatId452047VVviewc...
> Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America http://www.iava.org/index.php

Stop talkin about it and do it you pussies, take your bozos and get da
fook outta here. Create the new group,
PPP. Piggy Piggy and Pals. Make Smorgie yo new king. Hail piggy
piggy. You will have a kick ass success like Denos new google group
or socal and its sicko bottom feeders.

Just go suck Jimbos dick and get it over with. That is where you will
all land.

You dumb fooks could not run a out house during a diraheah out break.
You could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the fookin Yukon.
All you ass holes do is sit around and bitch like a lotta of fuckin
cunts. You make my ears hurt.

28 May 2007 19:46:02
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Jean, HighMiles, Ev., Olly, AndyS, Nantz - - - - - - Just below is the
reason I must go and create my own newsgroup. The HumanCondition is
definitely NOT improving . . . Is it any wonder that I'm now, after all
these many years, the misanthrope's misanthrope ???? I ask you. . . . .
. . .

McDave

<sookeysekihawarajap@yahoo.com > wrote in a fit of rage . . . > Stop talkin
about it and do it you pussies, take your bozos and get da
> fook outta here. Create the new group,
> PPP. Piggy Piggy and Pals. Make Smorgie yo new king. Hail piggy
> piggy. You will have a kick ass success like Denos new google group
> or socal and its sicko bottom feeders.
>
> Just go suck Jimbos dick and get it over with. That is where you will
> all land.
>
> You dumb fooks could not run a out house during a diraheah out break.
> You could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the fookin Yukon.
> All you ass holes do is sit around and bitch like a lotta of fuckin
> cunts. You make my ears hurt.

28 May 2007 19:38:58
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"Jean Smith" <gotermite@yahoo.com > wrote >
> How to Create a New Usenet Newsgroup
> How to create a new usenet newsgroup in one of the Big-8 hierarchies.
> Written by David Lawrence.
> www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/
>
> There are separate and perhaps simpler instructions in Google Groups.
>
> --
> http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/authors/index.jhtml
> http://shop.comedycentral.com/Books-by-Guests_stcVVcatId452047VVviewcat.htm
> Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America http://www.iava.org/index.php

Thank you, Jean. You are truly a friend in need/indeed !!!!

Of course, I know your generosity could well be tinged with a couple of
shades of self-interest ---- many times you've requested that I depart your
newsgroup and post no more patriotic and anti-immigration material.........

Well, I think it will all work out for the best ..............

McDave of Merryland

28 May 2007 19:47:29
donald tees

Nixon.D wrote:
> Donald, you are truly a genius !!!!! I would never have thought of that.
> Many thanks, my friend. A couple come to mind even as I reply to your
> cogent screed here on this Memorial Day, 2007.

Well, it was not my idea ... as I said, it is a traditional method that
just works. I am surprised that nobody else mentioned it ... certainly
Jack is aware of it.

On the other hand, using the word hijack in Usenet is probably not very
smart at all. I hope the RCMP (or CSIS, our homegrown CIA) are not on
my doorstep to-morrow. ;<)

Perhaps there are not enough subversives left. The net sure is changing
fast. It used to be that the "net" was the first place you looked to
figure out an end-run on authorities. Now, the internet *is* the
authority. The world is going to hell.

Donald
;<)

28 May 2007 17:04:38

On May 28, 7:38 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net > wrote:
> "Jean Smith" <goterm...@yahoo.com> wrote >
>
> > How to Create a New Usenet Newsgroup
> > How to create a new usenet newsgroup in one of the Big-8 hierarchies.
> > Written by David Lawrence.
> >www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/
> >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/
>
> > There are separate and perhaps simpler instructions in Google Groups.
>
> > --
> >http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/authors/index.jhtml
> >http://shop.comedycentral.com/Books-by-Guests_stcVVcatId452047VVviewc...
> > Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America http://www.iava.org/index.php

> Thank you, Jean. You are truly a friend in need/indeed !!!!
>
> Of course, I know your generosity could well be tinged with a couple of
> shades of self-interest ---- many times you've requested that I depart your
> newsgroup and post no more patriotic and anti-immigration material.........
>
> Well, I think it will all work out for the best ..............
>
> McDave of Merryland

You are all bozos, nitcompoops, you shit for brain losers could not
organize an escape out of a burnin out house.
You aint got da brains to get outta here. Please leave, punish me,
make me fookin day. This is all too funny.

PPP, piggy piggy and pals, the new 3 p's gang. Oy vey? My sides are
killin me, stop it now, I may laugh my self to death and solve the
problemo.

28 May 2007 19:45:59
John W. Pierce
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

This isn't how it's done anymore, Doug. There's no more public voting. That
was always a pain in the ass from the time Spaf, I think - one of the cabal,
anyway - initiated it 25 years ago or so. If you actually care about this,
see http://www.big-8.org/for the procedures and policies.

-- jwp

"Smorgass Bored" <SmorgassBored@Yahoo.com > wrote in message
>I think this little gem was the kicker here when trying to go
> 'Moderated' and with FL's 100s of aliases now, going 'moderated' would
> never pass for RSB. Besides, we only have a handful of readers left
> here.
>
> 3) AFTER the waiting period, and if there were no serious objections
> that might invalidate the vote, and if 100 more valid YES/create
> votes are received than NO/don't create AND at least 2/3 of the
> total number of valid votes received are in favor of creation, a
> newgroup control message may be sent out. If the 100 vote margin
> or 2/3 percentage is not met, the group should not be created.
>
> Doug
> ( good luck with your group )

28 May 2007 19:47:30
John W. Pierce
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

That's out of date, Donald. Just the other day I outlined the procedure on
RSB. See http://www.big-8.org/.

-- jwp

"donald tees" <donald@execulink.com > wrote in message
> Nixon.D wrote:
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
> About 5 seconds with google found this ...
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1
>
> You sure you are part of Mensa? I'da thought you'd be clued into google
> by now.
>
> Donald

28 May 2007 17:51:12
Fast Larry
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Stop talkin about it and do it you pussies, take your bozos and get
da
fook outta here. Create the new group,
PPP. Piggy Piggy and Pals. Make Smorgie yo new king. Hail piggy
piggy. You will have a kick ass success like Denos new google group
or socal and its sicko bottom feeders.

Just go suck Jimbos dick and get it over with. That is where you will
all land.

You dumb fooks could not run a out house during a diraheah out break.
You could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the fookin Yukon.
All you ass holes do is sit around and bitch like a lotta of fuckin
cunts. You make my ears hurt.

28 May 2007 17:52:47

On May 28, 8:51 pm, Fast Larry <fastlar...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> Stop talkin about it and do it you pussies, take your bozos and get
> da
> fook outta here. Create the new group,
> PPP. Piggy Piggy and Pals. Make Smorgie yo new king. Hail piggy
> piggy. You will have a kick ass success like Denos new google group
> or socal and its sicko bottom feeders.
>
> Just go suck Jimbos dick and get it over with. That is where you will
> all land.
>
> You dumb fooks could not run a out house during a diraheah out break.
> You could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the fookin Yukon.
> All you ass holes do is sit around and bitch like a lotta of fuckin
> cunts. You make my ears hurt.

fraud post by debra Li

28 May 2007 20:58:15
donald tees

John W. Pierce wrote:
> That's out of date, Donald. Just the other day I outlined the procedure on
> RSB. See http://www.big-8.org/.
>
> -- jwp
>
> "donald tees" <donald@execulink.com> wrote in message
>> Nixon.D wrote:
>>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>>
>> About 5 seconds with google found this ...
>>
>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1
>>
>> You sure you are part of Mensa? I'da thought you'd be clued into google
>> by now.
>>
>> Donald

looks like I am out of date.

Donald

28 May 2007 18:03:54
Re: Da Bozos are jumping ship!!!

These are all fraud posts made by Debra Li of Orlando, Florida, (407)
483-0310. She is making these posts in an attempt to slander the name
of fl but it wont work. Ignore the mad ravings of the vampire of
death
and evil.

28 May 2007 19:14:31
Bob Keller

"Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net > wrote in message

>The HumanCondition is definitely NOT improving . . .

You MUST be a liberal.
Bob Keller

28 May 2007 20:20:44

Bob Keller wrote:
> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> The HumanCondition is definitely NOT improving . . .
>
> You MUST be a liberal.
> Bob Keller

Guess again.
Xenophobe, homophobe, bitter moron.
Boy I hope he finds a home - somewhere else

28 May 2007 18:32:28
Re: Debra Li has singlehandedly destroyed rsb and Da Bozos are jumping ship!!!

The Vampire of death and evil has finally gotten her wish, sports
fans. She is an insane psycho bitch from hell and should be avoided.

28 May 2007 22:35:28
pltrgyst
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:51:25 -0400, "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net >
wrote:

>Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
>I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
>Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

There might be a simpler solution. It depends on what you mean by
"part of the USEnet system."

If you mean "in general distribution and available from most USEnet
servers, then you've gotten useful advice.

But if you mean only "available to a specific group of people using
USEnet clients," then you don't need to follow any of the formal
procedures. Alll you need to to is implement an NNTP server with your
new group and tell your specific people to which address to point
their NNTP clients to access that group.

I've done this a number of times within my government agency. It's
simple and not subject to any outside influence.

-- Larry

28 May 2007 22:41:38
Evelyn Ruut
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"Nantz" <thenantz@charter.net > wrote in message
> On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>> people.
>>
>> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>
>> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
>> participating
>> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies
>> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>
>> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it
>> is
>> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>> language,
>> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>
>> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>> at a
>> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
>> MENSA
>> way . . . .
>>
>> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>
>> McDave of Merryland
>
> Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
> of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
> same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
> intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>
> Nancy

Hi Nancy :-)

There are all sorts of intelligence, you know. I have a lady friend of
many years who has an IQ that is ridiculously high. She was told she could
easily get into MENSA and she laughed her butt off. She insisted that she
had absolutely no need to toot her horn about how smart she was, and that
she was perfectly happy enough not hooking up with a bunch of insecure
phonies with such a shallow criterion as IQ to determine whether she was
worth associating with. As a matter of fact, when I thought about it, I
agreed with her.

Now back to the "all sorts of intelligence".... one of those kinds of
intelligence is emotional intelligence. Then there is talent... that is a
special kind of intelligence. "Street smarts" has no official fancy title,
but there are people who can think on their feet in all kinds of difficult
circumstances. If there is no category for that, then IQ tests are missing
a very important factor. Then there is the "nice" factor. There are
people who aren't especially brilliant, but they are so kind. and mean well
to everyone, that they are almost universally loved.

All of this means to say that I don't much think that IQ in and of itself
means a lot in judging human beings as to whether they are worth associating
with. It leaves too much out of the equation.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

28 May 2007 23:20:33
donald tees

pltrgyst wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:51:25 -0400, "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>>
>> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> There might be a simpler solution. It depends on what you mean by
> "part of the USEnet system."
>
> If you mean "in general distribution and available from most USEnet
> servers, then you've gotten useful advice.
>
> But if you mean only "available to a specific group of people using
> USEnet clients," then you don't need to follow any of the formal
> procedures. Alll you need to to is implement an NNTP server with your
> new group and tell your specific people to which address to point
> their NNTP clients to access that group.
>
> I've done this a number of times within my government agency. It's
> simple and not subject to any outside influence.

Good idea that. It never occurred to me to set up a server, though it
should have. Probably easier to set up than a chat service as well,
though I have not done it.

The nice thing about the idea, is that you could make the server
password accessible, and limit it any way you wanted.

Donald

28 May 2007 20:34:34
sittingduck

Nixon.D wrote:

> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it;
> it is going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
> language, your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved
> descendants... !!

Of all the "current national disasters" we face right now, THIS is what you
focus on?
Amazing.

29 May 2007 04:02:31
David R
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"donald tees" <donald@execulink.com > wrote in message
> sookeysekihawarajap@yahoo.com wrote:
> About five minutes should find you one. Once you find it, simply use it,
> and spread the word carefully ... ideally by invitation only.
>
> Donald

the authorities are already familiar with his racist, hate mongering
criminal ass, they already know he is all mouth and no threat
to anyone but small children,

they will never let him moderate a perverted newsgroup

28 May 2007 23:43:58

wrote:

>Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
>I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
>Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
>Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
>in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
>your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
>Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it is
>going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of language,
>your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
>I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
>level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
>way . . . .
>
>In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
>McDave of Merryland

Will the name of your proposed newsgroup be "The Pat Bucanhan Fan
Club"?

Will Rush Limbaugh also be invited to be a moderator?
Can Jim and Tammy be welcomed as a try for a comeback.
How about Trinity Broadcasting Network's money grubbers Jan and Paul?
With all the wind that Pat and these other windbags can generate there
should be an opportunity to produce some green electricity.

Jimmie Swagger
AKA "I have sinned"

29 May 2007 02:56:53
Nixon.D

"sittingduck" <you.love.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com > wrote in message
> Nixon.D wrote:
>
>> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it;
>> it is going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>> language, your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved
>> descendants... !!
>
> Of all the "current national disasters" we face right now, THIS is what
> you
> focus on?
> Amazing.

Yes. You cannot name/describe on that is as important to your life and
to your society.

McDave

29 May 2007 03:01:53
Nixon.D

"Bob Keller" <bk42762@hotmail.com > wrote in message

> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>The HumanCondition is definitely NOT improving . . .
>
> You MUST be a liberal.
> Bob Keller

No. Most folks have advanced beyond that conservative vs. liberal crap.
Same for DEM vs. REP. We live in strange and dangerous times...........
But, interesting.

McDave

29 May 2007 03:05:06
Nixon.D

> Bob Keller wrote:
>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> The HumanCondition is definitely NOT improving . . .
>>
>> You MUST be a liberal.
>> Bob Keller
>>

> Guess again.
> Xenophobe, homophobe, bitter moron.
> Boy I hope he finds a home - somewhere else

Hee, hee, hee . . . . . You misunderstand, Cornbread. You do enjoy
calling people names, don't you?

The secret newsgroup will be IN ADDITION TO, not in REPLACEMENT OF my home
newsgroups right here in soc.retirement and good ol' soc.senior.issues .

29 May 2007 02:58:55
Nixon.D

<Jimmy Swagger > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:51:25 -0400, "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>>special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>>I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>>
>>Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>
>>Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time participating
>>in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies to
>>your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>
>>Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>>information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>>uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it
>>is
>>going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>>language,
>>your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>
>>I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at
>>level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
>>MENSA
>>way . . . .
>>
>>In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>
>>McDave of Merryland
>>===========================================================================
>>

> Will the name of your proposed newsgroup be "The Pat Bucanhan Fan
> Club"?

No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject of the
new group.

McDave
====================

29 May 2007 00:15:29
toci

On May 28, 5:55 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net > wrote:
> "Nantz" <thena...@charter.net> wrote in message

> > On May 28, 4:51 pm, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> >> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> >> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
> >> people.
>
> >> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> >> Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
> >> participating
> >> in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies
> >> your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>
> >> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> >> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> >> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it
> >> is
> >> going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
> >> language,
> >> your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>
> >> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
> >> at a
> >> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
> >> MENSA
> >> way . . . .
>
> >> In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>
> >> McDave of Merryland
> >> ===========================================================================
>
> > Have you actually read any of the many mensa newsgroups? They are full
> > of people who constantly tell you how brilliant they are while at the
> > same time complaining how stupid others are. It's boring. I prefer
> > intelligent people who don't have to tell you how smart they are.
>
> > Nancy

> So do I. That is one of the reasons I am no longer a member . . . .
>
> Puzzles, games, cryptograms, etc., etc.... no longer interest me.
>
> McDave

They were into astrology and the I Ching when I went. That was like
30 years ago. Toci

29 May 2007 07:53:01
Evelyn Ruut
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net > wrote in message

> Jean, HighMiles, Ev., Olly, AndyS, Nantz - - - - - - Just below is the
> reason I must go and create my own newsgroup. The HumanCondition is
> definitely NOT improving . . . Is it any wonder that I'm now, after
> all these many years, the misanthrope's misanthrope ???? I ask you. .
> . . . . . .
>
> McDave

Yes, and I share your sense of distaste for such witless wonders. But in
Buddhist lore there is a famous quote by Shantideva. He said
(paraphrased) that it is quite impractical to cover the world with leather
in order to protect your feet. But if you instead just cover your feet
with leather, the aim is accomplished quite well.

Please think about that, Dave. There will always be assholes who post
stuff seeking to shock. Cover your proverbial feet with leather. Ignore
them. Don't reply. Use your killfile. Recognize that only you have the
power over whether such individuals can hurt you, and just don't give it to
them. Simply recognize who the abusive ones are, go to "edit" run down the
menu to "mark as read" and leave it at that.

There are ways of creating private email lists which you can be the
moderator of, also. Yahoo has quite a few, by the way.

Another philosophical approach to the problem is that I find the
conversation on moderated groups to be altogether too tame, and hence
somewhat dishonest. Posting on usenet may get rowdy at times, but the
rotten ones reveal themselves very quickly and they aren't sneaking around
making snide remarks for months before they show their true colors. On
usenet they show them right away. I consider that a plus.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

> <sookeysekihawarajap@yahoo.com> wrote in a fit of rage . . . > Stop
> talkin about it and do it you pussies, take your bozos and get da
>> fook outta here. Create the new group,
>> PPP. Piggy Piggy and Pals. Make Smorgie yo new king. Hail piggy
>> piggy. You will have a kick ass success like Denos new google group
>> or socal and its sicko bottom feeders.
>>
>> Just go suck Jimbos dick and get it over with. That is where you will
>> all land.
>>
>> You dumb fooks could not run a out house during a diraheah out break.
>> You could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the fookin Yukon.
>> All you ass holes do is sit around and bitch like a lotta of fuckin
>> cunts. You make my ears hurt.

29 May 2007 08:02:43
Evelyn Ruut

> "Bob Keller" <bk42762@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>The HumanCondition is definitely NOT improving . . .
>>
>> You MUST be a liberal.
>> Bob Keller
>
> No. Most folks have advanced beyond that conservative vs. liberal crap.
> Same for DEM vs. REP. We live in strange and dangerous times...........
> But, interesting.
>
> McDave

Actually that is a wise statement Dave.

It is very important to notice that the more intelligent individuals have
moved beyond the hard line... Dem vs. Repub, liberal vs. conservative
labeling. All that polarization isn't good for the country at all.

I'd always counted myself among the democrats and to some degree I still do,
but if someone was talking some real sense on the other side, I'd give a
serious listen. Anyone who votes on one issue alone, or by party line
alone, is doing themselves a great disfavor. But it is also notable that
most people don't spend the time researching who stands for what, and get
lazy about it and vote by party only.

I do have some criteria though, for an example, I would never in a million
years vote for a guy who actually stood up and said he believed in creation
over evolution. I could go for a guy who believed in both, getting a
little creative with his creation stories if you know what I mean, but never
a fundamentalist. Too narrow minded, unscientific and stuck.

We need leaders who have a global or cosmic view, not some narrow minded
fundie interpretation of the world and the beings in it.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

29 May 2007 08:04:39
Evelyn Ruut

> <Jimmy Swagger> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:51:25 -0400, "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>>>special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>>
>>>I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>>>people.
>>>
>>>Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>>>
>>>Look at it this way --------- If I spent all my Usenet time
>>>participating
>>>in another newsgroup you wouldn't have me slapping up sarcastic replies
>>>your postings and you'd probably never again hear of Pat Buchanan.
>>>
>>>Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>>>information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>>>uncontrolled, illegal, immigration. More than just hearing about it; it
>>>is
>>>going to effect you DIRECTLY; your standard of living, your use of
>>>language,
>>>your customs, and; most importantly---- your beloved descendants... !!
>>>
>>>I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>>>at a
>>>level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the
>>>MENSA
>>>way . . . .
>>>
>>>In any case, thanks in advance . . . .
>>>
>>>McDave of Merryland
>>>===========================================================================
>>>

>> Will the name of your proposed newsgroup be "The Pat Bucanhan Fan
>> Club"?
>
> No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject of
> the new group.
>
> McDave
> ====================

Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there real
fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie jerk.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

29 May 2007 05:15:17

On May 29, 8:04 am, "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.r...@gmail.com > wrote:
> "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > <Jimmy Swagger> wrote in message

> >> Will the name of your proposed newsgroup be "The Pat Bucanhan Fan
> >> Club"?
>
> > No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject of
> > the new group.
>
> > McDave
> > ====================
>
> Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there real
> fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie jerk.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Evelyn

IDEAS FOR THE PPP NEW BOARD, PIGGY PIGGY & HIS PALS. mAKE Smorgie
Grand Muftie, make pat Johnson, board moderator and head of the SS.
Who's gonna devote their life to this, its a full time job. Any one
who will become moderator, will become a dictator, ask Jimbo, if you
begin as an ass hole, you then become a giant ass hole over night.
You guys could not organize or pull off an escape out of a burning out
house, how ya gonna get outta here, you are too stupid to pull it off
and make it stick. How ya gonna sell this idea to the udder bozos, a
bozo could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the Yukon. Nerds cant
sell shit. You bozos could fuck up a watermellon knee gar pic nic.
Focus on the problem and the disease infesting rsb, Debra Li. Get rid
of her, problemo over.

talk talk talk, like a bunch of cunts is all you do.

29 May 2007 05:15:46
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

On May 29, 8:04 am, "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.r...@gmail.com > wrote:
> "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > <Jimmy Swagger> wrote in message

> >> Will the name of your proposed newsgroup be "The Pat Bucanhan Fan
> >> Club"?
>
> > No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject of
> > the new group.
>
> > McDave
> > ====================
>
> Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there real
> fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie jerk.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Evelyn

IDEAS FOR THE PPP NEW BOARD, PIGGY PIGGY & HIS PALS. mAKE Smorgie
Grand Muftie, make pat Johnson, board moderator and head of the SS.
Who's gonna devote their life to this, its a full time job. Any one
who will become moderator, will become a dictator, ask Jimbo, if you
begin as an ass hole, you then become a giant ass hole over night.
You guys could not organize or pull off an escape out of a burning out
house, how ya gonna get outta here, you are too stupid to pull it off
and make it stick. How ya gonna sell this idea to the udder bozos, a
bozo could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the Yukon. Nerds cant
sell shit. You bozos could fuck up a watermellon knee gar pic nic.
Focus on the problem and the disease infesting rsb, Debra Li. Get rid
of her, problemo over.

talk talk talk, like a bunch of cunts is all you do.

29 May 2007 08:47:40
Bob Keller
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net > wrote in message

> "Bob Keller" <bk42762@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>The HumanCondition is definitely NOT improving . . .
>>
>> You MUST be a liberal.
>> Bob Keller
>
> No. Most folks have advanced beyond that conservative vs. liberal crap.
> Same for DEM vs. REP. We live in strange and dangerous times...........
> But, interesting.
>
> McDave

Fine, but whatever.
The point was - what form of retardation could make someone think that the
human condition is not improving. I've always found that a baffling and
negative point of view.
Bob Keller

29 May 2007 10:52:38
donald tees

Bob Keller wrote:
> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> "Bob Keller" <bk42762@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> You MUST be a liberal.
>>> Bob Keller
>>
>> No. Most folks have advanced beyond that conservative vs. liberal crap.
>> Same for DEM vs. REP. We live in strange and dangerous times...........
>> But, interesting.
>>
>> McDave
>>

> Fine, but whatever.
> The point was - what form of retardation could make someone think that the
> human condition is not improving. I've always found that a baffling and
> negative point of view.
> Bob Keller

To be fair, I think it has improved dramatically(lots of superlatives
here) over the last few hundred years. However, there are still ebbs
and flows within that on a shorter time scale. The last few years have
not been the best, and I am not sure the long range outlook is towards
improvement.

Donald

29 May 2007 11:04:40
pltrgyst
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:20:33 -0400, donald tees <donald@execulink.com >
wrote:

>pltrgyst wrote:
>> But if you mean only "available to a specific group of people using
>> USEnet clients," then you don't need to follow any of the formal
>> procedures. Alll you need to to is implement an NNTP server with your
>> new group and tell your specific people to which address to point
>> their NNTP clients to access that group.
>>
>> I've done this a number of times within my government agency. It's
>> simple and not subject to any outside influence.
>>
>Good idea that. It never occurred to me to set up a server, though it
>should have. Probably easier to set up than a chat service as well,
>though I have not done it.
>
>The nice thing about the idea, is that you could make the server
>password accessible, and limit it any way you wanted.

Exactly. I usually use it for support functions, with one group
accessible only to agency employees from the agency domain, and
another for the general public.

-- Larry

29 May 2007 08:09:08
Fast Larry

On May 29, 8:15 am, wonhunglowch...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 29, 8:04 am, "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > > <Jimmy Swagger> wrote in message

=AD=3D=3D=3D

> > > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

> > > No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject=
of
> > > the new group.
>
> > > McDave
> > > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> > Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there=
real
> > fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie jerk.
>
> > --
> > Best Regards,
>
> > Evelyn
>
> IDEAS FOR THE PPP NEW BOARD, PIGGY PIGGY & HIS PALS. mAKE Smorgie
> Grand Muftie, make pat Johnson, board moderator and head of the SS.
> Who's gonna devote their life to this, its a full time job. Any one
> who will become moderator, will become a dictator, ask Jimbo, if you
> begin as an ass hole, you then become a giant ass hole over night.
> You guys could not organize or pull off an escape out of a burning out
> house, how ya gonna get outta here, you are too stupid to pull it off
> and make it stick. How ya gonna sell this idea to the udder bozos, a
> bozo could not sell pussy in a lumber camp in the Yukon. Nerds cant
> sell shit. You bozos could fuck up a watermellon knee gar pic nic.
> Focus on the problem and the disease infesting rsb, Debra Li. Get rid
> of her, problemo over.
>
> talk talk talk, like a bunch of cunts is all you do.- Hide quoted text -

Fraud post by debra li of orlando.

29 May 2007 15:13:30
ken
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net > wrote in message:

> The secret newsgroup will be IN ADDITION TO, not in REPLACEMENT OF my home
> newsgroups right here in soc.retirement and good ol' soc.senior.issues

BFD!

Who in here actually gives a shit?

29 May 2007 08:28:13
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

On May 29, 1:05 am, "Nixon.D" <nixo...@comcast.net > wrote:
> The secret newsgroup will be IN ADDITION TO, not in REPLACEMENT OF my home
> newsgroups right here in soc.retirement and good ol' soc.senior.issues

Is your goal to prevent non-members from *posting*, or is your goal to
prevent non-members from *reading*? If you want to prevent non-members
from reading, you would be better off using a listserve mailing list.

See http://listserve.com

29 May 2007 09:33:49
Bob Keller

> Bob Keller wrote:
>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> "Bob Keller" <bk42762@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> ==============================================
>>>
>>> No. Most folks have advanced beyond that conservative vs. liberal
>>> crap. Same for DEM vs. REP. We live in strange and dangerous
>>> times........... But, interesting.
>>>
>>> McDave
>>> =========================================
>>>

>> Fine, but whatever.
>> The point was - what form of retardation could make someone think that
>> the human condition is not improving. I've always found that a baffling
>> and negative point of view.
>> Bob Keller
>>

> To be fair, I think it has improved dramatically(lots of superlatives
> here) over the last few hundred years. However, there are still ebbs and
> flows within that on a shorter time scale. The last few years have not
> been the best, and I am not sure the long range outlook is towards
> improvement.
>
> Donald

There have been ebbs and flows throughout human history. As well as
horrible calamity in one part of the world while elsewhere peace and
prosperity. IMO, your comments about the last few years and the future is
because you are personalizing current events based on your opinions about
them. Step back and view the world today with the same objectivity as you
do the rest of history. "Bad" gets dealt with, often not as fast as we
would like, and often not fast enough to view within the context of one
lifetime. But I would urge people to not fall into the trap of negativity.
Instead, be sure to recognize what is "good" while you identify the "bad"
and work to make it better. Characterizing everything as "bad" isn't
realistic and is a sad way to go through life.
Bob Keller

29 May 2007 12:05:25
Jean Smith
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

In article <_tCdnUtDR81E08bbnZ2dnUVZ_r-onZ2d@comcast.com >,
"Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net > wrote:

> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>
> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of people.
>
> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

Create a group in 3 steps <http://groups.google.com/color=#0000FF> >
1 Create an account
2 Setup your group
3 Invite people

OR
You might consider a discussion board.
This software was easy to use. It's highly customizable, if you like to
play with adapting existing graphics or text. It started as a college
chemistry discussion. It fits into one's webspace.
http://www.discusware.com/

I installed it for a youth hockey association and a minor league hockey
team. I would look in once in a while. It was self running for the most
part with an automated registration process using e-mail.

--
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/authors/index.jhtml
http://shop.comedycentral.com/Books-by-Guests_stcVVcatId452047VVviewcat.htm
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America http://www.iava.org/index.php

29 May 2007 14:47:14
donald tees

Bob Keller wrote:
> "donald tees" <donald@execulink.com> wrote in message
>>>

>> To be fair, I think it has improved dramatically(lots of superlatives
>> here) over the last few hundred years. However, there are still ebbs and
>> flows within that on a shorter time scale. The last few years have not
>> been the best, and I am not sure the long range outlook is towards
>> improvement.
>>
>> Donald
>
> There have been ebbs and flows throughout human history. As well as
> horrible calamity in one part of the world while elsewhere peace and
> prosperity. IMO, your comments about the last few years and the future is
> because you are personalizing current events based on your opinions about
> them. Step back and view the world today with the same objectivity as you
> do the rest of history. "Bad" gets dealt with, often not as fast as we
> would like, and often not fast enough to view within the context of one
> lifetime. But I would urge people to not fall into the trap of negativity.
> Instead, be sure to recognize what is "good" while you identify the "bad"
> and work to make it better. Characterizing everything as "bad" isn't
> realistic and is a sad way to go through life.
> Bob Keller

No, I am not really thinking about current events. What I am thinking
about is long term trends.

It is pretty obvious that the world population cannot continue to expand
forever, and I think we are approaching the point that if we do not
start to do something about it, there will be some sort of catastrophic
adjustment, regardless of what we do.

A lot of this global warming stuff is just that ... the warnings
starting. Global warming is only an indicator of a more deep-set
problem. There are just too damned many of us for the planet to support.

Donald

29 May 2007 14:08:07
John W. Pierce
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"pltrgyst" <pltrgyst@covad.net > wrote

> Alll you need to to is implement an NNTP server with your
> new group ....

Yeah, but if he was capable of doing that why would he be asking about
setting up a newsgroup here? If you've got a Unix-like box or IIS or
ExchangeServer, it's fairly straightforward if you have any sort of a clue
at all.

-- jwp
Gun Control: The theory that a 110-pound woman should have to fist fight a
210-pound rapist.

29 May 2007 13:57:18
Bob Keller

> Bob Keller wrote:
>> "donald tees" <donald@execulink.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> To be fair, I think it has improved dramatically(lots of superlatives
>>> here) over the last few hundred years. However, there are still ebbs
>>> and flows within that on a shorter time scale. The last few years have
>>> not been the best, and I am not sure the long range outlook is towards
>>> improvement.
>>>
>>> Donald
>>
>> There have been ebbs and flows throughout human history. As well as
>> horrible calamity in one part of the world while elsewhere peace and
>> prosperity. IMO, your comments about the last few years and the future
>> is because you are personalizing current events based on your opinions
>> about them. Step back and view the world today with the same objectivity
>> as you do the rest of history. "Bad" gets dealt with, often not as fast
>> as we would like, and often not fast enough to view within the context of
>> one lifetime. But I would urge people to not fall into the trap of
>> negativity. Instead, be sure to recognize what is "good" while you
>> identify the "bad" and work to make it better. Characterizing everything
>> as "bad" isn't realistic and is a sad way to go through life.
>> Bob Keller
>>

> No, I am not really thinking about current events. What I am thinking
> about is long term trends.
>
> It is pretty obvious that the world population cannot continue to expand
> forever, and I think we are approaching the point that if we do not start
> to do something about it, there will be some sort of catastrophic
> adjustment, regardless of what we do.
>
> A lot of this global warming stuff is just that ... the warnings starting.
> Global warming is only an indicator of a more deep-set problem. There are
> just too damned many of us for the planet to support.
>
> Donald

I can't think that way, it's too negative and not based in reality, IMO.

I agree that more population growth isn't good or necessary. However, I
believe the planet could support more than we can imagine - granted it
wouldn't be the same as now but I doubt there'd be some catastrophic result.
The point is, what's the point of that many people? Yes, we need to start
thinking much more long term than we are now, and create a sustainable
society. Until we can easily travel into the far solar system the only
resource external to the planet we will ever have is sunlight. So, a fossil
fuel based society cannot survive, I don't care how long one thinks they
might last. I don't think global warming is ever going to amount to much,
though it will have some effect. The problem is we'll never know for sure
how much the planet would have warmed without us, and it doesn't matter
anyway, we just plain have to switch to a clean, sustainable energy source.
There just isn't much motivation by our leaders or much of the business
world to do that, though I think it's growing. Progress is going to be very
slow, I think, with only private industry working on it. That's why I like
the Apollo Alliance so much. (www.apolloalliance.com).

Do you see the difference in how I think? I would summarize it this way:
rather than saying 'Oh my God, what a terrible mess we've made we better fix
it now or - disaster!' I say 'What incredible good we humans have done, and
what a wonderful society and technology we've created. Let's honor our
ancestors and reward our descendants by continuing to indentify problems and
working to keep making things better'. See the difference?

Bob Keller

29 May 2007 17:18:14
donald tees

Bob Keller wrote:
> "donald tees" <donald@execulink.com> wrote in message
>>>
>> No, I am not really thinking about current events. What I am thinking
>> about is long term trends.
>>
>> It is pretty obvious that the world population cannot continue to expand
>> forever, and I think we are approaching the point that if we do not start
>> to do something about it, there will be some sort of catastrophic
>> adjustment, regardless of what we do.
>>
>> A lot of this global warming stuff is just that ... the warnings starting.
>> Global warming is only an indicator of a more deep-set problem. There are
>> just too damned many of us for the planet to support.
>>
>> Donald
>

> I can't think that way, it's too negative and not based in reality, IMO.

And I do not get that attitude. The fact that it is negative is not
related in any way shape or form to the realism of it. What matters is
truth, not whether we like it or not. The facts are that world
population has more than doubled in my memory. The figures (from world
fact book) are: 1 billion in 1820, to 2 billion in 1930, 3 billion in
1960, 4 billion in 1974, 5 billion in 1988, and 6 billion in 2000. Today
is 6.6 billion.

> I agree that more population growth isn't good or necessary. However, I
> believe the planet could support more than we can imagine - granted it
> wouldn't be the same as now but I doubt there'd be some catastrophic result.

Over-population is a well known and well studied phenomena among animal
populations. The norm is a catastrophic die off due to disease or
famine(or both). Humans also have the advantage of war ... we can simply
kill the surplus. Most animals are not that clever.

> The point is, what's the point of that many people? Yes, we need to start
> thinking much more long term than we are now, and create a sustainable
> society. Until we can easily travel into the far solar system the only
> resource external to the planet we will ever have is sunlight. So, a fossil
> fuel based society cannot survive, I don't care how long one thinks they
> might last. I don't think global warming is ever going to amount to much,
> though it will have some effect. The problem is we'll never know for sure
> how much the planet would have warmed without us, and it doesn't matter
> anyway, we just plain have to switch to a clean, sustainable energy source.
> There just isn't much motivation by our leaders or much of the business
> world to do that, though I think it's growing. Progress is going to be very
> slow, I think, with only private industry working on it. That's why I like
> the Apollo Alliance so much. (www.apolloalliance.com).
>
> Do you see the difference in how I think? I would summarize it this way:
> rather than saying 'Oh my God, what a terrible mess we've made we better fix
> it now or - disaster!' I say 'What incredible good we humans have done, and
> what a wonderful society and technology we've created. Let's honor our
> ancestors and reward our descendants by continuing to indentify problems and
> working to keep making things better'. See the difference?

Nope.

I do not think the past has been a failure at all. I think I am trying
to identify problems, exactly as you say. I just do not ignore them
when they get too tough, saying "it all worked out in the past,
therefore it must continue to do so". BTW, the human species is about
the only one things are working out for. Species extinction is just not
that uncommon anymore. Cockroaches and raccoons are doing well, though.
So are seagulls. Garbage eaters, of course.

Donald

29 May 2007 17:56:03
Nixon.D

"Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com > wrote in message

> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> <Jimmy Swagger> wrote in message

>>> Will the name of your proposed newsgroup be "The Pat Bucanhan Fan
>>> Club"?
>>
>> No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject of
>> the new group.
>>
>> McDave
>> ====================
>

> Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there
> real fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie
> jerk.> --
> Best Regards, Evelyn

I told him it would not pertain to Buchanan.

You are dead wrong. He is one of the few honest statesmen we still have
in this nation. As a native Washingtonian, he knows more about how our
government works than 99.99 percent of those that make that claim. Too
bad Bush didn't consult with him; he just might have ended up with a
"legacy".....

PJB is a bit of a fundamentalist, a lifelong Catholic. I don't fully agree
with all of his positions; on abortion for instance.

But, if you think that everyone that has serious religious beliefs is a
"jerk", then you are about as narrow minded as they come. You're going
to end up lonely . . .

McDave

29 May 2007 17:58:22
Nixon.D
Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

Many thanks, Jeanarinia !!!!!!
McDave
============================

"Jean Smith" <gotermite@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> In article <_tCdnUtDR81E08bbnZ2dnUVZ_r-onZ2d@comcast.com>,
> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Where can I go on the net to obtain the information needed to form a
>> special, moderated, newsgroup as a part of the USENET system ???
>>
>> I have an urgent need to create a newsgroup for a special group of
>> people.
>>
>> Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Create a group in 3 steps <http://groups.google.com/>
> 1 Create an account
> 2 Setup your group
> 3 Invite people
>

> OR
> You might consider a discussion board.
> This software was easy to use. It's highly customizable, if you like to
> play with adapting existing graphics or text. It started as a college
> chemistry discussion. It fits into one's webspace.
> http://www.discusware.com/
>
> I installed it for a youth hockey association and a minor league hockey
> team. I would look in once in a while. It was self running for the most
> part with an automated registration process using e-mail.
>
> --
> http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/authors/index.jhtml
> http://shop.comedycentral.com/Books-by-Guests_stcVVcatId452047VVviewcat.htm
> Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America http://www.iava.org/index.php

29 May 2007 18:04:02
Evelyn Ruut

> "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <Jimmy Swagger> wrote in message

>>> ==========================================================
>>>
>>> No. You can be certain, you will never know the name or the subject of
>>> the new group.
>>>
>>> McDave
>>> ====================
>>

>> Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there
>> real fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie
>> jerk.> --
>> Best Regards, Evelyn
>
> I told him it would not pertain to Buchanan.
>
> You are dead wrong. He is one of the few honest statesmen we still have
> in this nation. As a native Washingtonian, he knows more about how our
> government works than 99.99 percent of those that make that claim. Too
> bad Bush didn't consult with him; he just might have ended up with a
> "legacy".....
>
> PJB is a bit of a fundamentalist, a lifelong Catholic. I don't fully
> agree with all of his positions; on abortion for instance.
>
> But, if you think that everyone that has serious religious beliefs is a
> "jerk", then you are about as narrow minded as they come. You're going
> to end up lonely . . .
>
> McDave

So far it isn't working out that way Dave. I find that more and more
people are getting sick of the fundamentalists (of every variety), and
coming over to the side of reasoned thought. It's about time.....

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

29 May 2007 18:38:55
Nixon.D

> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Dave, if you started off on your Pat Buchanan stuff, I'd be outta there
>>> real fast. So would most people. The man is just another fundie
>>> jerk.> --
>>> Best Regards, Evelyn
>>
>> I told him it would not pertain to Buchanan.
>>
>> You are dead wrong. He is one of the few honest statesmen we still
>> have in this nation. As a native Washingtonian, he knows more about how
>> our government works than 99.99 percent of those that make that claim.
>> Too bad Bush didn't consult with him; he just might have ended up with a
>> "legacy".....
>>
>> PJB is a bit of a fundamentalist, a lifelong Catholic. I don't fully
>> agree with all of his positions; on abortion for instance.
>>
>> But, if you think that everyone that has serious religious beliefs is a
>> "jerk", then you are about as narrow minded as they come. You're
>> going to end up lonely . . .
>>
>> McDave
>

> So far it isn't working out that way Dave. I find that more and more
> people are getting sick of the fundamentalists (of every variety), and
> coming over to the side of reasoned thought. It's about time.....
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Evelyn

That may be so in your local neighborhood. Not so in the rest of our
society.

McDave

29 May 2007 18:48:07
Evelyn Ruut

> "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> =========================================================
>>>
>>> I told him it would not pertain to Buchanan.
>>>
>>> You are dead wrong. He is one of the few honest statesmen we still
>>> have in this nation. As a native Washingtonian, he knows more about
>>> how our government works than 99.99 percent of those that make that
>>> claim. Too bad Bush didn't consult with him; he just might have ended up
>>> with a "legacy".....
>>>
>>> PJB is a bit of a fundamentalist, a lifelong Catholic. I don't fully
>>> agree with all of his positions; on abortion for instance.
>>>
>>> But, if you think that everyone that has serious religious beliefs is a
>>> "jerk", then you are about as narrow minded as they come. You're
>>> going to end up lonely . . .
>>>
>>> McDave
>>> ===================================================================
>>

>> So far it isn't working out that way Dave. I find that more and more
>> people are getting sick of the fundamentalists (of every variety), and
>> coming over to the side of reasoned thought. It's about time.....
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Evelyn
>
> That may be so in your local neighborhood. Not so in the rest of our
> society.
>
> McDave

Wouldn't it be nice to combine reasoned thought with spirituality?
We buddhists do.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

29 May 2007 18:58:19
donald tees

Evelyn Ruut wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice to combine reasoned thought with spirituality?
> We buddhists do.

So do we old pot smoking hippie pool players.

Donald <--just to bring it back on topic

29 May 2007 18:15:14

donald tees wrote:
> Evelyn Ruut wrote:
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to combine reasoned thought with spirituality?
>> We buddhists do.
>>
> So do we old pot smoking hippie pool players.
>
> Donald <--just to bring it back on topic

There ought to be more of us old, pot smoking hippie, pool players.
The world would be a nicer place.
Drunks make lousy pool partners, but profitable opponents.

Dorothy

29 May 2007 19:52:51
Evelyn Ruut

> Evelyn Ruut wrote:
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to combine reasoned thought with spirituality?
>> We buddhists do.
>>
> So do we old pot smoking hippie pool players.
>
> Donald <--just to bring it back on topic

:-)

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

29 May 2007 19:06:10
Robert

> Bob Keller wrote:
> > "donald tees" <donald@execulink.com> wrote in message
> >>>
> >> No, I am not really thinking about current events. What I am thinking
> >> about is long term trends.
> >>
> >> It is pretty obvious that the world population cannot continue to
expand
> >> forever, and I think we are approaching the point that if we do not
start
> >> to do something about it, there will be some sort of catastrophic
> >> adjustment, regardless of what we do.
> >>
> >> A lot of this global warming stuff is just that ... the warnings
starting.
> >> Global warming is only an indicator of a more deep-set problem. There
are
> >> just too damned many of us for the planet to support.
> >>
> >> Donald
> >

> > I can't think that way, it's too negative and not based in reality, IMO.
> >
> And I do not get that attitude. The fact that it is negative is not
> related in any way shape or form to the realism of it. What matters is
> truth, not whether we like it or not. The facts are that world
> population has more than doubled in my memory. The figures (from world
> fact book) are: 1 billion in 1820, to 2 billion in 1930, 3 billion in
> 1960, 4 billion in 1974, 5 billion in 1988, and 6 billion in 2000. Today
> is 6.6 billion.

Maybe God creates wars and other slaughters to keep the population down?

Robert

30 May 2007 13:26:33
JakartaDean

Nixon.D wrote:

> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration.

> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be at a
> level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's the MENSA
> way . . . .

> McDave of Merryland
Uhhh... McDave, do you really think that global immigration is an
actual, current disaster? Are we being overrun by space aliens? Where
are the Men in Black when we need them?

And BTW, the comma in the first sentence above goes after 'happens', not
'will.'

Dean <-- not a member of Mensa, but can read English, and doesn't think
there is any net global immigration (but has a tinfoil hat ready just in
case).

29 May 2007 23:08:38
Nixon.D

> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Evelyn Ruut" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> So far it isn't working out that way Dave. I find that more and more
>>> people are getting sick of the fundamentalists (of every variety), and
>>> coming over to the side of reasoned thought. It's about time.....
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Evelyn
>>
>> That may be so in your local neighborhood. Not so in the rest of our
>> society.
>>
>> McDave
>

> Wouldn't it be nice to combine reasoned thought with spirituality?
> We buddhists do.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Evelyn=

Seems to me you are on the verge of becoming a Scientific/Mystic such as I.

Science is, after all, only profound REASONING, based on experiences in the
physical world.
Mysticism is the belief that there are realities that are beyond the scope
of human perception.

Yep. That's what you are alright, alright. A Scientific/Mystic of the
first order !! Welcome to the club.

McD.DaddyTh'DaveOfMerryland

30 May 2007 19:36:02
Nixon.D
Dorothy and Tinfoil . . . Re: How To ------- Create a Special, Moderated, Newsgroup ??

"JakartaDean" <deanb43780@forteinc.com > wrote in message
> Nixon.D wrote:
>
>> Of course, no matter what happens you will, be seeing/hearing urgent
>> information regarding our current national disaster, i.e., global,
>> uncontrolled, illegal, immigration.
>
>> I will be the moderator of the special newsgroup so you know it will be
>> at a level above 98 percent above the other 200,000 newsgroups; that's
>> the MENSA way . . . .
>
>> McDave of Merryland
> Uhhh... McDave, do you really think that global immigration is an actual,
> current disaster? Are we being overrun by space aliens? Where are the
> Men in Black when we need them?
>
> And BTW, the comma in the first sentence above goes after 'happens', not
> 'will.'
>
> Dean <-- not a member of Mensa, but can read English, and doesn't think
> there is any net global immigration (but has a tinfoil hat ready just in
> case).
Dean;

I can tell right away that you are a "gentleman and a scholar" for sure.

I suppose the answer to your question would depend upon one's definition of
"disaster". To me 20 to 40 million illegal immigrants now in our country
from anywhere/everywhre in the world (our "globe"), with our Fed.Gov.
forcing our States care for them, and with no apparent means to stop (or
even control) the flow is a clear disaster; we do not really have any
geographical borders (except on maps....... ).

We have plenty of "aliens". Eighty-five percent of the population of
Planet Earth hates us; but each and every one of them wants to come here and
be with us. I ask you; is that a dichotomy or what ??
Perhaps you don't consider that a disaster; particularly if you have never
been personally involved in a war or two to defend our nation. If not,
would you please take the time to tell us what you would consider a disaster
concerning the future sovereignty of our "Land Of The Free And The Home Of
The Brave" (I'm assuming you are either a legal or illegal citizen of our
nation).

You are correct regarding the placement of the comma. I, DaddyDave, do
occasionally make mistakes because I never review what I've written and do
not use a spellchecker . . . . .

A "tinfoil" hat? You're going to make a fine looking couple with that
freaked out poster that signs as "Dorothy" . . . . . Yellow Brick Road
. . . . . there you come !!!!!

McD.DaddyTh'DaveOfMerryland

31 May 2007 09:14:36
Nixon.D

> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bob Keller" <bk42762@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Nixon.D" <nixon.d@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> You MUST be a liberal.
>>> Bob Keller
>>
>> No. Most folks have advanced beyond that conservative vs. liberal crap.
>> Same for DEM vs. REP. We live in strange and dangerous times...........
>> But, interesting.
>>
>> McDave
>>

> Fine, but whatever.
> The point was - what form of retardation could make someone think that the
> human condition is not improving. I've always found that a baffling and
> negative point of view.
> Bob Keller

It is possible that you have been "baffled" since birth. Maybe Science
observed you and then made their official pronouncement on the Human
Condition of 2007!
(just kidding, Bob ! )

McDave of Merryland