28 Sep 2004 19:36:58
Danzig
good name

Timely Writer, a good colt from the late 70's who broke a leg at the top
of the lane at Belmont,,,,namesake used again today with another (quite
a bit less class) at Finger Lakes today.

Tim Yatcak

Well I have found the new "career" satisfying especially backing the
B.C. Derby winner at 3/1!! What a gift. Little nag (short coupled with a
"handy" [as the Brits call it] gait) went to the front and never
looked back. Really had much more speed that the rest. Constant
Montpellier DOES NOT know how to ride a bull ring and should send one of
the Western experienced riders out when they ship. YOU CAN'T CLOSE more
than 5 lengths from the backstretch to line in Vancouver...CANNOT be
done unless your name is Delta Colleen or the like.

28 Sep 2004 19:37:53
Danzig
Re: good name

Danzig wrote:

> Timely Writer, a good colt from the late 70's who broke a leg at the top
> of the lane at Belmont,,,,namesake used again today with another (quite
> a bit less class) at Finger Lakes today.
>
> Tim Yatcak
>
> Well I have found the new "career" satisfying especially backing the
> B.C. Derby winner at 3/1!! What a gift. Little nag (short coupled with a
> "handy" [as the Brits call it] gait) went to the front and never looked
> back. Really had much more speed that the rest. Constant Montpellier
> DOES NOT know how to ride a bull ring and should send one of the Western
> experienced riders out when they ship. YOU CAN'T CLOSE more than 5
> lengths from the backstretch to line in Vancouver...CANNOT be done
> unless your name is Delta Colleen or the like.

Forget this...

28 Sep 2004 19:54:28
Ray Gordon
Re: good name

> Timely Writer, a good colt from the late 70's

1981-82 actually. Won the Hopeful and was favored to win the Derby, but
scratched the night before the race due to Colic.

>who broke a leg at the top
> of the lane at Belmont,,,,namesake used again today with another (quite
> a bit less class) at Finger Lakes today.

He broke his leg midway through the far turn of the Jockey Club Gold Cup.

Definitely a star-crossed horse and I had him at 6-1 in the Hopeful.

30 Sep 2004 13:22:43
Jim
Re: good name

"Ray Gordon" <ray@cybersheet.com > wrote in message
> > Timely Writer, a good colt from the late 70's
>
> 1981-82 actually. Won the Hopeful and was favored to win the Derby, but
> scratched the night before the race due to Colic.
>
> >who broke a leg at the top
> > of the lane at Belmont,,,,namesake used again today with another (quite
> > a bit less class) at Finger Lakes today.
>
> He broke his leg midway through the far turn of the Jockey Club Gold Cup.
>
> Definitely a star-crossed horse and I had him at 6-1 in the Hopeful.
>

> Had him breaking his maiden at Monmouth at 7-1 i believe.......he was in
for Maiden 35 that day and galloped