11 Nov 2006 01:16:13
wolfagain
The 3 Greatest Composers of All Time!

Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone! Time is on Morricone's side as he
is still alive. Not really taken seriously in 60's and 70's because of
his Italian western's soundtracks. "Once Upon a time in the West" a
Classic Symphony worthy of acclades from Bach or Mozart! Morricone may
have 'peaked' with "The Mission" Ennio is far more revered in Europe
and the Orient(Phillipines) than the low brow Americans! Idiots!!
Morricone has scored about 500 films. Many under different names.
Mostly Italian Gangster films but a few porno films when he was young.
Just for the money! That's where he used fake names. As a kid studies
Mozart and Bach. Still plays trombone in a little club in Rome. He's
now 86 yrs old or about. End.

11 Nov 2006 08:38:35
Ocala Mike
Re: The 3 Greatest Composers of All Time!

wolfagain wrote:
> Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone! Time is on Morricone's side as he
> is still alive. Not really taken seriously in 60's and 70's because of
> his Italian western's soundtracks. "Once Upon a time in the West" a
> Classic Symphony worthy of acclades from Bach or Mozart! Morricone may
> have 'peaked' with "The Mission" Ennio is far more revered in Europe
> and the Orient(Phillipines) than the low brow Americans! Idiots!!
> Morricone has scored about 500 films. Many under different names.
> Mostly Italian Gangster films but a few porno films when he was young.
> Just for the money! That's where he used fake names. As a kid studies
> Mozart and Bach. Still plays trombone in a little club in Rome. He's
> now 86 yrs old or about. End.

Wolf, I hope you handicap the ponies better than you do composers.
Here's how I rate them:

Rossini over Puccini; I went to an opera once but couldn't understand a
damn thing because it was all in Italian!

Beethoven over Bach; this one isn't even close. Bach was a
mathematician, while Ludwig Von was a musician (and he couldn't even
hear!).

I might tend to agree with you about your movie composer guy being a
little underrated.

Ocala Mike

12 Nov 2006 04:47:28
wolfagain

Ocala Mike wrote:
> wolfagain wrote:
> > Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone! Time is on Morricone's side as he
> > is still alive. Not really taken seriously in 60's and 70's because of
> > his Italian western's soundtracks. "Once Upon a time in the West" a
> > Classic Symphony worthy of acclades from Bach or Mozart! Morricone may
> > have 'peaked' with "The Mission" Ennio is far more revered in Europe
> > and the Orient(Phillipines) than the low brow Americans! Idiots!!
> > Morricone has scored about 500 films. Many under different names.
> > Mostly Italian Gangster films but a few porno films when he was young.
> > Just for the money! That's where he used fake names. As a kid studies
> > Mozart and Bach. Still plays trombone in a little club in Rome. He's
> > now 86 yrs old or about. End.
>
> Wolf, I hope you handicap the ponies better than you do composers.
> Here's how I rate them:
>
> Rossini over Puccini; I went to an opera once but couldn't understand a
> damn thing because it was all in Italian!
>
> Beethoven over Bach; this one isn't even close. Bach was a
> mathematician, while Ludwig Von was a musician (and he couldn't even
> hear!).
>
> I might tend to agree with you about your movie composer guy being a
> little underrated.
>

> Ocala Mike
Hey Mike! Thanks for your opinion even if....! Puccini's Arias(Solo
themes) are by far the greatest! Many Oprea fans are moved to tears
when the "Madame Butterfly" soprano Aria is performed. Bach wrote
melodys Beethoven didn't. But like horses it's just one of many
opinions!

12 Nov 2006 13:15:59
G-Man

"wolfagain" <wolf@provide.net > wrote in message

> Ocala Mike wrote:
>> wolfagain wrote:
>> > Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone! Time is on Morricone's side as he
>> > is still alive. Not really taken seriously in 60's and 70's because of
>> > his Italian western's soundtracks. "Once Upon a time in the West" a
>> > Classic Symphony worthy of acclades from Bach or Mozart! Morricone may
>> > have 'peaked' with "The Mission" Ennio is far more revered in Europe
>> > and the Orient(Phillipines) than the low brow Americans! Idiots!!
>> > Morricone has scored about 500 films. Many under different names.
>> > Mostly Italian Gangster films but a few porno films when he was young.
>> > Just for the money! That's where he used fake names. As a kid studies
>> > Mozart and Bach. Still plays trombone in a little club in Rome. He's
>> > now 86 yrs old or about. End.
>>
>> Wolf, I hope you handicap the ponies better than you do composers.
>> Here's how I rate them:
>>
>> Rossini over Puccini; I went to an opera once but couldn't understand a
>> damn thing because it was all in Italian!
>>
>> Beethoven over Bach; this one isn't even close. Bach was a
>> mathematician, while Ludwig Von was a musician (and he couldn't even
>> hear!).
>>
>> I might tend to agree with you about your movie composer guy being a
>> little underrated.
>>

>> Ocala Mike
> Hey Mike! Thanks for your opinion even if....! Puccini's Arias(Solo
> themes) are by far the greatest! Many Oprea fans are moved to tears
> when the "Madame Butterfly" soprano Aria is performed. Bach wrote
> melodys Beethoven didn't. But like horses it's just one of many
> opinions!

Hi Wolfie,
Are you sure Ennio is playing trombone? I'm sure he was a trumpet player
many moons ago.

Cheers,
G-Man

12 Nov 2006 07:51:05
wolfagain

G-Man wrote:
> "wolfagain" <wolf@provide.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Ocala Mike wrote:
> >>
> >> Wolf, I hope you handicap the ponies better than you do composers.
> >> Here's how I rate them:
> >>
> >> Rossini over Puccini; I went to an opera once but couldn't understand a
> >> damn thing because it was all in Italian!
> >>
> >> Beethoven over Bach; this one isn't even close. Bach was a
> >> mathematician, while Ludwig Von was a musician (and he couldn't even
> >> hear!).
> >>
> >> I might tend to agree with you about your movie composer guy being a
> >> little underrated.
> >>

> >> Ocala Mike
> > Hey Mike! Thanks for your opinion even if....! Puccini's Arias(Solo
> > themes) are by far the greatest! Many Oprea fans are moved to tears
> > when the "Madame Butterfly" soprano Aria is performed. Bach wrote
> > melodys Beethoven didn't. But like horses it's just one of many
> > opinions!
>
> Hi Wolfie,
> Are you sure Ennio is playing trombone? I'm sure he was a trumpet player
> many moons ago.
>
> Cheers,
> G-Man
At this point, G-Man, I'm not sure of anything!

12 Nov 2006 19:21:07
G-Man

> G-Man wrote:
>> "wolfagain" <wolf@provide.net> wrote in message

>> > Hey Mike! Thanks for your opinion even if....! Puccini's Arias(Solo
>> > themes) are by far the greatest! Many Oprea fans are moved to tears
>> > when the "Madame Butterfly" soprano Aria is performed. Bach wrote
>> > melodys Beethoven didn't. But like horses it's just one of many
>> > opinions!
>>
>> Hi Wolfie,
>> Are you sure Ennio is playing trombone? I'm sure he was a trumpet player
>> many moons ago.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> G-Man
> At this point, G-Man, I'm not sure of anything!

LOL

Cheers,
G-Man

13 Nov 2006 22:40:02
Gen Buck Turgidson

On 11 Nov 2006 01:16:13 -0800, "wolfagain" <wolf@provide.net > wrote:

> Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone!

I'm gonna play the chalk on this one:

1. Mozart
2. Beethoven
3. Bach

14 Nov 2006 08:38:05
lescor

wolfagain wrote:
> Ocala Mike wrote:
>
>>wolfagain wrote:
>>
>>>Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone! Time is on Morricone's side as he
>>>is still alive. Not really taken seriously in 60's and 70's because of
>>>his Italian western's soundtracks. "Once Upon a time in the West" a
>>>Classic Symphony worthy of acclades from Bach or Mozart! Morricone may
>>>have 'peaked' with "The Mission" Ennio is far more revered in Europe
>>>and the Orient(Phillipines) than the low brow Americans! Idiots!!
>>>Morricone has scored about 500 films. Many under different names.
>>>Mostly Italian Gangster films but a few porno films when he was young.
>>>Just for the money! That's where he used fake names. As a kid studies
>>>Mozart and Bach. Still plays trombone in a little club in Rome. He's
>>>now 86 yrs old or about. End.
>>
>> Wolf, I hope you handicap the ponies better than you do composers.
>> Here's how I rate them:
>>
>>Rossini over Puccini; I went to an opera once but couldn't understand a
>>damn thing because it was all in Italian!
>>
>>Beethoven over Bach; this one isn't even close. Bach was a
>>mathematician, while Ludwig Von was a musician (and he couldn't even
>>hear!).
>>
>>I might tend to agree with you about your movie composer guy being a
>>little underrated.
>>

>>Ocala Mike
>
> Hey Mike! Thanks for your opinion even if....! Puccini's Arias(Solo
> themes) are by far the greatest! Many Oprea fans are moved to tears
> when the "Madame Butterfly" soprano Aria is performed. Bach wrote
> melodys Beethoven didn't. But like horses it's just one of many
> opinions!

Impossible to let this pass.....Beethoven did not write melodies????

Greatly misinformed as you are, I still have to envy you for the amazing
amount of enjoyment that you have in store if you take the trouble of
listening to his piano and violin concertos, his piano music or most of
his symphonic work. Not as sentimental as Puccini maybe, but glorious.

If you only listen to one piece of musical advice in your life it has to
be this. Find a site and download his Romance No 2 for violin ( plus No
1while you are there). Listen to it ( you will want to repeat it) and
then rethink you opinion, It is not untypical of much more of his work.

LC

14 Nov 2006 10:04:58
G-Man

> Puccini, Bach, and Ennio Morricone! Time is on Morricone's side as he
> is still alive. Not really taken seriously in 60's and 70's because of
> his Italian western's soundtracks. "Once Upon a time in the West" a
> Classic Symphony worthy of acclades from Bach or Mozart! Morricone may
> have 'peaked' with "The Mission" Ennio is far more revered in Europe
> and the Orient(Phillipines) than the low brow Americans! Idiots!!
> Morricone has scored about 500 films. Many under different names.
> Mostly Italian Gangster films but a few porno films when he was young.
> Just for the money! That's where he used fake names. As a kid studies
> Mozart and Bach. Still plays trombone in a little club in Rome. He's
> now 86 yrs old or about. End.

I've analysed hundreds of classical pieces over the years. However, I reckon
that it's more important to know what YOU actually like and what kind of
music turns you on. I much prefer listening to Berlioz, Wagner and
Shostakovich.

When it comes to actual instruments, being a brass player, I find strings
rather wimpy. However, IMHO the best classical piece ever written, and which
presses all the right buttons, is Max Bruch's Violin Concerto in G Minor. If
you have never heard it then try and get a version played by someone like
Yehudi Menuhin - it will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck!!!

Cheers,
G-Man