31 Aug 2003 03:32:01
Morehits4u
Not that anyone reads much in here but ..Jerry Bailey

went off at 12 to 1 .. in the Hopeful Stakes....and won the hand !!! He must
be bet at any kind of odds like that ( not that i did mind you )

31 Aug 2003 04:43:01
DonnyEss
Re: Not that anyone reads much in here but ..Jerry Bailey

"Morehits4u" <morehits4u@aol.comnojunk > wrote in message
> went off at 12 to 1 .. in the Hopeful Stakes....and won the hand !!! He
must
> be bet at any kind of odds like that ( not that i did mind you )

Not only is Bailey the top rider in America, he also rode the horse in a
winning race last time out, thats 2 positives. Not to be overlooked was the
improving 3rd race form pattern following a big win 7f maiden race, or the
bullet 4f work 5 days ago after having raced 3 weeks ago. When horses with
positive form patterns class-shift up to the stakes level, the class-shift is
positive, not negative. The better the form pattern, and the more lightly
raced the contestants, the more I allow in term of seemingly inferior speed
figures. OTOH, if the horse has a quirky form pattern and low figs, it's much
less likely to surprise. I liked Chapel Royal and made him my top choice at
2-1, but when a 5-1 horse goes off at 12-1, why let the big ones get away?

31 Aug 2003 00:39:17
longshotjohn7

DonnyEss wrote:
> "Morehits4u" <morehits4u@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
>> went off at 12 to 1 .. in the Hopeful Stakes....and won the hand
>> !!! He must be bet at any kind of odds like that ( not that i did
>> mind you )
>
> Not only is Bailey the top rider in America, he also rode the horse
> in a winning race last time out, thats 2 positives. Not to be
> overlooked was the improving 3rd race form pattern following a big
> win 7f maiden race, or the bullet 4f work 5 days ago after having
> raced 3 weeks ago. When horses with positive form patterns
> class-shift up to the stakes level, the class-shift is positive, not
> negative. The better the form pattern, and the more lightly raced
> the contestants, the more I allow in term of seemingly inferior speed
> figures. OTOH, if the horse has a quirky form pattern and low figs,
> it's much less likely to surprise. I liked Chapel Royal and made him
> my top choice at 2-1, but when a 5-1 horse goes off at 12-1, why let
> the big ones get away?

And I liked his pedigree, too......

--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

31 Aug 2003 05:17:14
Ken Woodall
Re: Not that anyone reads much in here but ..Jerry Bailey

tv did not do decent reporting on All the horses- after the race
mentioned silver wagon was the only one with a prior race over 6f. All
they did was try to sell ownerships!

________________

Ken Woodall

31 Aug 2003 13:26:31
michael ellis
Re: Not that anyone reads much in here but ..Jerry Bailey

Good point. I threw him in my Calder all stakes pick 3 bet and had a nice
ride until the third leg at River Downs which took me down.

mike

"Morehits4u" <morehits4u@aol.comnojunk > wrote in message
> went off at 12 to 1 .. in the Hopeful Stakes....and won the hand !!! He
must
> be bet at any kind of odds like that ( not that i did mind you )

31 Aug 2003 12:05:48
longshotjohn7

michael ellis wrote:
> Good point. I threw him in my Calder all stakes pick 3 bet and had a
> nice ride until the third leg at River Downs which took me down.
>
> mike
>

> "Morehits4u" <morehits4u@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
>> went off at 12 to 1 .. in the Hopeful Stakes....and won the hand
>> !!! He must be bet at any kind of odds like that ( not that i did
>> mind you )

funny you should mention the pick three as I had these for the Baby contest
contest >>

riverdowns12....Military Mission, Stoneway,In Rome,plaza south......won by
In Rome

hopeful saratoga race8..notorious rogue. silver wagon, limehouse......won by
Silver Wagon

calder affirmed race10...sky missile,Meadow Soldier .......out

I thought Stoneway would do better, however, and I am going to add sky
missile to my watch--and maybe a couple others. What horses impressed you
the most??? I did not watch the races on Youbet video as family interests
corralled (sp) me, but what losing horse impressed with a big move or
block???

--
longshotjohn 7

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

01 Sep 2003 02:39:34
Tim - Secretariat

Morehits4u wrote:

> went off at 12 to 1 .. in the Hopeful Stakes....and won the hand !!! He must
> be bet at any kind of odds like that ( not that i did mind you )

I thought it was a very gutsy performance for a two year old coming up through
traffic like that.

TIm Yatcak

02 Sep 2003 10:29:22
northern dancer
Re: Not that anyone reads much in here but ..Jerry Bailey

Speaking of Bailey's Hopeful ride, I had taped it and went back to
watch it again ... that guy is such an iceman in the irons. At the
very top of the stretch, just as the pack comes around the bend, you
see Bailey twirl his whip playfully as he pulls it out, pause for a
half a second and then push Silver Wagon right into a hole that was
opening .... that's all she wrote.