24 Sep 2004 01:44:19
Campbe4
Horse Racing Directories?

I would like to know what directories are published these days? I specifically
would like to know more about Trainers and Jockeys and presume they would be
lumped into a larger volume of work. I'm curious about where I could find the
info. and times of publication.

I'll be picking up a race form this weekend and know they usually have ads
about such things in their publication. I'd just like to get a little
background info first and perhaps hear about a really good directory.

Thanks!

24 Sep 2004 07:43:40
wolf again
Re: Horse Racing Directories?

campbe4@aol.commedor (Campbe4) wrote in message news:<20040923214419.11378.00000800@mb-m15.aol.com >...
> I would like to know what directories are published these days? I specifically
> would like to know more about Trainers and Jockeys and presume they would be
> lumped into a larger volume of work. I'm curious about where I could find the
> info. and times of publication.
>
> I'll be picking up a race form this weekend and know they usually have ads
> about such things in their publication. I'd just like to get a little
> background info first and perhaps hear about a really good directory.
>
> Thanks!

Brisnet PP's give you a lot of info on trainers and jocks.
Examples: Trainers win % with first time starters, 2nd time starters,
1st race after a claim, 2nd start after a claim, Turf to dirt switch,
dirt to turf switch, win % when shipping to another track. And more.
Jocks win % at the meet and for the year. Not sure about the DRF. Also
brisnet PP's can be downloaded for $1 a track or free if a bet is made
at the track that was DL'd. I think most of us net players use Brisnet
PP's. The directories that I have seen advertised in the DRF usually