28 Aug 2003 08:40:23
BOB M
Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

My favorite was Skip Away. Of all the horses that won two legs of the
triple crown I think the best was Point Given. That was one heck of a
horse. Ussually if a horse is going to win two legs it is the first 2
legs. So tell me who you guys liked in the last 10 yrs. Lets say the
post cigar era...lol.

28 Aug 2003 13:51:26
Johndaigle1
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

id say candy ride is the best horse ive seen since cigar...

28 Aug 2003 22:13:44
fooler tn
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

Going from 1992, IMHO

A. P Indy ----(far and away, tops)

Tiznow

Touch Gold

Cigar

Spinning World

Hollywood Wildcat

Silver Charm

Skip Away

Inside Information

Kotashaan

(I thnk allof these are great horses.)

Honorable mention:

Siphonic, Dramatic Gold, Giant's Causeway, Honest Lady, Real Quiet,
Victory Gallop,
Yagli, Eliza, Awesome Again, Swaim
Gilded Time, Kona Gold, Deputy Commander,Serena's Sonng, Surfside, Soul
of the Matter.

29 Aug 2003 06:24:08
`F.H
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

fooler tn wrote:

> Going from 1992, IMHO
>
> A. P Indy ----(far and away, tops)
>
> Tiznow
>
> Touch Gold
>
> Cigar
>
> Spinning World
>
> Hollywood Wildcat
>
> Silver Charm
>
> Skip Away
>
> Inside Information
>
> Kotashaan
>
> (I thnk allof these are great horses.)

snip for space/////

What if Fusaichi Pegasus had continued. He seemed to me to be "one of
the ones."

Frank

29 Aug 2003 21:37:09
Crimmy87
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

Well, if you are talking pure talent, not accomplishments, Formal Gold was the
best. Blew Skip Aways doors off. Even Sonny Hine admitted that. Too bad his
career was cut short.

30 Aug 2003 06:10:49
Tim Yatcak
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

> What if Fusaichi Pegasus had continued. He seemed to me to be "one of
> the ones."
Wondered when someone would mention him. He was a it like Easy Goer:
brilliant and fleeting

How amny flash in the pans do see these days as two year olds?

Did not mention Rock of Gibraltar either.

Tim Yatcak

30 Aug 2003 22:12:15
George G
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

"PwdToastMan" <bitter@beer.com > wrote in message
> crimmy87@aol.com (Crimmy87) wrote for all to see on Planet Earth
> andnews:20030829173709.03231.00000083@mb-m11.aol.com:
>
> > Well, if you are talking pure talent, not accomplishments, Formal Gold
> > was the best. Blew Skip Aways doors off. Even Sonny Hine admitted
> > that. Too bad his career was cut short.
> >

> A newbie wonders why there was no mention of Mineshaft in this long
> thread..??
> --

Guess you are a newbie. Mineshaft has to beat somebody first to be on the
same plain as all the forementioned. Not that he can't, but , as all have
said , can't go on what could have been, have to go on accomplishments.

01 Sep 2003 22:50:01
theoldfart
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

????
Lifetime 19 8 8 0 $3,552,610 Turf 20 9 8 0 $3,552,610

won Grade 1 in Europe, N. America, Japan
1996 Grass MOY
the most thrilling ride I ever witnessed was when J. Bailey appeared=20
to be holding on for dear life while this horse freight-trained himself
through the Dubai Dust.=20

Singspiel was/is my favorite.

Shawn

http://www.newsfeed.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

G-Man
Re: Best Horses of Last 10 yrs

"SamPiper" <sampiper@aol.com > wrote in message
> >From: BOB30M@webtv.net (BOB M)
>
> >So tell me who you guys liked in the last 10 yrs. Lets say the
> >post cigar era...lol.
>
> The last 10 years? So, we're talking '93 forward, that would include
Cigar's
> years ....
>
> Kissin Kris, Kiss A Native, Kissin Saint, Cellars Shiraz, Commander Lee,
Real
> Quiet, Xtra Heat, Dubai Millenium, Kris Kin, Lonesome Glory, Tiznow,
Giant's
> Causeway, Running Stag, Gentlemen, Sandpit, Tinners Way, Dare And Go, Best
Pal,
> One Dreamer, Paseana, J. J.'s Dream, Meafara, Cardmania, Soviet Problem

I'm not sure that Running Stag could be classed as great, although his
trainer, Phillip Mitchell, deserves a medal as big as the moon for sending
him to run in the US when everybody over here thought he was mad.

Cheers,
G-Man