07 Jul 2004 04:17:29
Ol Railbird
Update: Place System

Well, I keep changing criteria and thus have not
done my 200+ race test, yet...

Still, here's a first approximation that I think may
hold some value for you.

1) Make a Morning Line
2) Look at your top 4
3) Any top 4, check < 7-1 Your odds
3a) You may have 6.9-1, OK
4) If 6-1 ML TOP, or 8-1 ML others, BET ACROSS.

My approach is to find a way to bet long prior to
races running -- Bet and Live Your Life. Toss your
money out there and live with the scratches. The
ultimate horse betting system. Don't watch, just
bet and cash...

Very limited results, more to follow...just 24 races

My picks:

34% profit WIN
98% profit PLACE
26% profit SHOW

I realize this is VERY small set. 30 races is
absolute minimum, but this is kind of based on
this set plus "remembering" another 100+ races.

You may want to JUST bet PLACE. Why get
greedy when PLACE has the greatest margin
for error?

We are getting close, folks. Just want to say something
before I get to 200 because I'm antsy.

I promise not to mention this again until I reach a
"clean" 200...

Please be fairly accurate with your Morning Line!

--
Good Luck,
Ol Railbird

WPS on these would make my 10%
Exotics are another matter.

07 Jul 2004 13:06:58
Count
Re: Update: Place System

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 04:17:29 -0700, "Ol Railbird"
<olrailbird@intergate.com > wrote:

>1) Make a Morning Line
>2) Look at your top 4
>3) Any top 4, check < 7-1 Your odds
>3a) You may have 6.9-1, OK
>4) If 6-1 ML TOP, or 8-1 ML others, BET ACROSS.

The sheets at e-ponies.com would be good for this. Several qualifiers
today at Calder unless I'm reading the above wrong.
--
Count

08 Jul 2004 01:06:04
Ol Railbird
Re: Update: Place System

"Count" <me@privacy.net > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 04:17:29 -0700, "Ol Railbird"
> <olrailbird@intergate.com> wrote:
>
> >1) Make a Morning Line
> >2) Look at your top 4
> >3) Any top 4, check < 7-1 Your odds
> >3a) You may have 6.9-1, OK
> >4) If 6-1 ML TOP, or 8-1 ML others, BET ACROSS.
>
> The sheets at e-ponies.com would be good for this. Several qualifiers
> today at Calder unless I'm reading the above wrong.
> --
> Count

E-Ponies doesn't really give "their" line. No "fair odds" or whatnot.

So, it would be misleading to use their charts other than a
very rough approximation. Fix the odds line, say:

Top Choice always 2-1
2nd Choice always 3-1
3rd Choice always 5-1
4th Choice always 6-1

But, that would lead to all top 4 qualifiying all races. This doesn't happen
as often as you think in MY lines. Often, there are a few strong horses
that eat the available odds so only 2 or 3 horses make my ML at odds
less than 7-1. Other times, I've figured the whole field as 6-1 or less.

So, no. I don't think E-Ponies is a good matchup. On the other hand, I
think if you simply bet E-Ponies' top choice when the morning line is 6-1
or more, you may have a winning system.

Does that mean ANYONE's top choice at 6-1 or more is a winning system?
No. But, for most of the old-timers around these groups it might be. Anyone
limiting their bets to when they believe they have a significant advantage
is
going to bet less often, anyway. A disciplined approach is likely to
positively
affect your bottom line.

At least you won't be ticket-ripping when they stiff a 2/5 shot!

You don't shill for E-Ponies, do you? ; >)

--
Good Luck,
Ol Railbird

08 Jul 2004 09:38:57
Count
Re: Update: Place System

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:06:04 -0700, "Ol Railbird"
<olrailbird@intergate.com > wrote:

>You don't shill for E-Ponies, do you? ;>)

Shill? Calder and Belmont, which I use, are both free.
--
Count

08 Jul 2004 04:14:38
Ol Railbird
Re: Update: Place System

Gomen, Count, my brother. The shill comment
was in jest (thus the smiley). I didn't really
suspect you of shilling but...one can never
quite be sure.

Sometimes my paranoid mind runs off with
the apple cart! Forgive the shilll joke.

Interesting...I will gander at E-Ponies' free picks
and cogitate vs my own picks. Free is a few
cents off the bottom line, eh? Of course, the
takeout at Calder might make up for FREE.

Thanks for the info.

--
Good Luck,
Ol Railbird
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:06:04 -0700, "Ol Railbird"
> <olrailbird@intergate.com> wrote:
>
> >You don't shill for E-Ponies, do you? ;>)
>
> Shill? Calder and Belmont, which I use, are both free.
> --
> Count

08 Jul 2004 11:55:12
lsj7
Re: Update: Place System

Ol Railbird wrote:
> Gomen, Count, my brother. The shill comment
> was in jest (thus the smiley). I didn't really
> suspect you of shilling but...one can never
> quite be sure.

I think you use outlook express 6, railbird. Make some real smileys. Great
little free program....

You should have a folder of bunches of emoticons on your computer. Do a
search and send a short cut to a desk top folder for easy access for copying
whatever emoticon you want--from vomiting to yawning to poking out your
tongue...your lol's will take on life!!
yer welcome!!

:-)))

:-D

:o)

*eg*

8-)

--

Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

_________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

lsj7

08 Jul 2004 18:40:20
Count
Re: Update: Place System

>Ol Railbird wrote:
>> Gomen, Count, my brother. The shill comment
>> was in jest (thus the smiley). I didn't really
>> suspect you of shilling but...one can never
>> quite be sure.

Sure. No problem.

Perhaps I should explain what I meant by the picks according to long
odds. In the 9th at Calder on 7/6 I'm looking at the top 4 picks.
The 2nd choice is listed at 12/1 and the 4th choice at 10/1. Both at
least placed.

The 4th choice won and paid

$35.60 $17.60 $9.00

The 2nd choice placed paying

$9.80 $5.20

The exacta paid $209.60

--
Count

08 Jul 2004 14:44:17
Ol Railbird
Re: Update: Place System

I'm salivating over those payoffs!

--
Good Luck,
Ol Railbird

> >Ol Railbird wrote:
> >> Gomen, Count, my brother. The shill comment
> >> was in jest (thus the smiley). I didn't really
> >> suspect you of shilling but...one can never
> >> quite be sure.
>
> Sure. No problem.
>
> Perhaps I should explain what I meant by the picks according to long
> odds. In the 9th at Calder on 7/6 I'm looking at the top 4 picks.
> The 2nd choice is listed at 12/1 and the 4th choice at 10/1. Both at
> least placed.
>
> The 4th choice won and paid
>
> $35.60 $17.60 $9.00
>
> The 2nd choice placed paying
>
> $9.80 $5.20
>
> The exacta paid $209.60
>
> --
> Count

08 Jul 2004 22:20:37
Count
Re: Update: Place System

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:44:17 -0700, "Ol Railbird"
<olrailbird@intergate.com > wrote:

>I'm salivating over those payoffs!

It's amazing how often one of the top two picks win.

I played some exacta's using 1-2/1-2-3-4. Had some break even to
winning days until a zero day.

There is also a forum on the website you may enjoy.
--
Count