22 Jul 2004 08:39:22
bocasid
Morning Line Systems?

Hi, Does anyone have any information on a betting system based on the
morning line? I have been experimenting with one such system with some
interesting results, but I am wondering if there are some informed
opinions about this kind of wagering without any other information than
what the Mike Battaglias of the racing world see as the probable betting
patterns.

Thanks for your imput! Cindy

22 Jul 2004 14:23:55
Michael Napolitano
Re: Morning Line Systems?

This came up a while ago in this or a related newsgroup. I have a system
called "Divide and Conquer" which uses the morning line plus double or P/3
will-pays. I can send it to you if you e-mail me privately.

ocalamike510ataol.com

at=@, of course!

22 Jul 2004 14:25:22
Count
Re: Morning Line Systems?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:39:22 -0400, "bocasid"
<sgommel@nospam.ccat.sas.upenn.edu > wrote:

>Hi, Does anyone have any information on a betting system based on the
>morning line? I have been experimenting with one such system with some
>interesting results, but I am wondering if there are some informed
>opinions about this kind of wagering without any other information than
>what the Mike Battaglias of the racing world see as the probable betting
>patterns.
>
>Thanks for your imput! Cindy

Yes. I use one to make show bets when I bored. Although it's hit
rate is excellent the payoffs are usually small.
--
Count

22 Jul 2004 20:25:38
Ol Railbird
Re: Morning Line Systems?

I don't have a "system" as such, but I did fool
around with morning line overlays for quite a while.

Got some interesting payoffs sometimes.

If you go to my website, look for EPSTEIN. That
is a program I wrote to try to spot overlays against
the morning line.

If I learned one thing, it's that not every ML guy
is like Mike. Some of them post horrid lines.
I learned not to use this at Charles Town for just
that reason.

--
Good Luck,
Ol Railbird
"bocasid" <sgommel@nospam.ccat.sas.upenn.edu > wrote in message
> Hi, Does anyone have any information on a betting system based on the
> morning line? I have been experimenting with one such system with some
> interesting results, but I am wondering if there are some informed
> opinions about this kind of wagering without any other information than
> what the Mike Battaglias of the racing world see as the probable betting
> patterns.
>
> Thanks for your imput! Cindy

25 Jul 2004 16:38:48
Jim
Re: Morning Line Systems?

"Michael Napolitano" <ocalamike510@aol.comnospam > wrote in message
> This came up a while ago in this or a related newsgroup. I have a system
> called "Divide and Conquer" which uses the morning line plus double or P/3
> will-pays. I can send it to you if you e-mail me privately.
>
> ocalamike510ataol.com
>
> at=@, of course!

I am the guy who brought it up a while ago in this or a related newsgroup.
I wrote to Mike, and found his information to be both insightful and helpful
in formulating my ML strategy.

Mike is a 100% stand-up guy.........a pro, and his wisdom helped me a lot.
His info is designed to use in Picks 3's as well.

I discovered three major things: First, you need your own ideas on paper;
two, you need input from a pro like Mike; and, three, you need a track that
offers up accurate ML odds.

After running it through over 900 pages of daily charts, I ended up with two
results: First, the system is consistent, which will motivate you; and,
because of the extremely low Show prices at most tracks, the system did not
make enough money to justify its implementation. But, that was me.

As aforementioned, Mike is both a good guy and a professional, as you will
discover when you contact him. He helped me a lot. (Mike, thanks again!)