15 Aug 2006 20:31:24
Neil Sunderland
TV ALERT: Welcome To My World - BBC3 Thursday 17 August 22.30-23:25

From the Radio Times website:
<http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=45&programmeId=47338634&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jspcolor=#0000FF> >

"This week's world is darts: former television staple, mooted Olympic
event and, Jacques Peretti says here, the sport of working-class
kings. Peretti introduces us to a cavalcade of colourful geezers,
including Bobby George (owner of an 18-bedroom dart-shaped mansion),
former world champion Andy Fordham (owner of a pub in, er, Dartford),
and Bob Potter (owner of darts Mecca Lakeside, and the basis for
Phoenix Nights' Brian Potter). This series has trodden a tricky line
between affection and mockery, and arch mickey-taker Peretti is often
on the wrong side of it, but he doesn't quite spoil the joy of seeing
some top-class eccentrics in full flow. Moreoever, Peretti
convincingly argues that darts is both a nail-biting, wonderfully
theatrical spectator sport and a homely, sociable pastime, whose
gradual departure from terrestrial TV and British pubs is something to
be regretted."

Neil Sunderland
--
<
http://www.brauntondarts.freeuk.comcolor=#0000FF> >


17 Aug 2006 06:58:39
Tommo ?
Re: TV ALERT: Welcome To My World - BBC3 Thursday 17 August 22.30-23:25


Neil Sunderland wrote:
> From the Radio Times website:
> <http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=45&programmeId=47338634&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jsp>
>

Sorry, forgot about your post when I posted about this programme this
afternoon. It should be good.



17 Aug 2006 20:11:28
Neil Sunderland
Re: TV ALERT: Welcome To My World - BBC3 Thursday 17 August 22.30-23:25

Tommo ? wrote:
>Sorry, forgot about your post when I posted about this programme this
>afternoon. It should be good.

No problem: anyway, your text was different to mine :)

Neil Sunderland
--
<http://www.brauntondarts.freeuk.comcolor=#0000FF> >


18 Aug 2006 01:38:59
Tommo ?
Re: TV ALERT: Welcome To My World - BBC3 Thursday 17 August 22.30-23:25


Neil Sunderland wrote:
> Tommo ? wrote:
> >Sorry, forgot about your post when I posted about this programme this
> >afternoon. It should be good.
>
> No problem: anyway, your text was different to mine :)

What a great show it was. Just the right level of sarcasm and the best
bit of TV I've seen for months. They should have shown it on BBC2 or
even 1 with a few trailers beforehand.