26 Oct 2003 21:35:04
john@thedartcentre.com
Paddy Power Grand Prix

Did anyone else watch this live final on Sky tonight? I have just watched
Phil Taylor and John Part play one of the best finals I have ever seen where
Phil beat John 7-2. In the interviews at the end they said Phil's average
for the game was 111, considering it is double start this is phenomenal, he
even had a chance at a 9 dart finish on 2 occasions. If anyone else watched
what did you think?

John
--
www.thedartcentre.com

27 Oct 2003 20:10:45
Mike G.
Re: Paddy Power Grand Prix

Didn't watch it, but listened it to it on the live audio link from the
planetdarts site. Don't get Sky here in the states unless you've got a nifty
satellite system. Great final though. That run of darts by Taylor was great.

27 Oct 2003 21:16:42
Gazza
Re: Paddy Power Grand Prix

It was an amazing spell of darts. I think he averaged 111 or so over 4 sets
in the middle. For the match he was about 98 which is still fantastic
considering it was DIDO. I thought it was a shame that Part couldn't push
him a bit more - it looked like it was going to be a nail-biter at 2-2, but
that set The Power won in 39 darts was just incredible. I think he might be
putting a bit too much pressure on himself over the Worlds coming up in
Jan - I can see that tournament being alot more open than we've been
accustomed to.

Cheers,

Gary.
www.3inabed.com

"john@thedartcentre.com" <jhsw07330@cableinet.co.uk > wrote in message
> Did anyone else watch this live final on Sky tonight? I have just watched
> Phil Taylor and John Part play one of the best finals I have ever seen
where
> Phil beat John 7-2. In the interviews at the end they said Phil's average
> for the game was 111, considering it is double start this is phenomenal,
he
> even had a chance at a 9 dart finish on 2 occasions. If anyone else
watched
> what did you think?
>
> John
> --
> www.thedartcentre.com

28 Oct 2003 15:11:06
Johan Veenstra
Re: Paddy Power Grand Prix

Gazza wrote:
> It was an amazing spell of darts. I think he averaged 111 or so over 4
> sets in the middle. For the match he was about 98 which is still fantastic
> considering it was DIDO.

gfx shows his average as 94.81 over the entire match. 94.81 DIDO corresponds
to about 100-103.5 SIDO average (assuming the starting D20 is hit with 40
to 50 % of the darts aimed at it).

So I would say, the match was up to the usual
Phil-The-Power-Taylor-I-Really-Want-To-Kick-Your_Ass standard. And when
he's playing like that Part doesn't stand a chance.