10 Oct 2003 11:23:25
Starscream
Facing Dartboard - proper position?

In an effort to improve my game, I was wondering if someone could tell me
the proper way to face the dartboard as I throw...

Should I always stand in the same spot no matter my target (directly in
front of the bulls-eye)? This is what I do now - my thinking is that I
should get used to throwing from the same position.

Or should I stand a bit to the right/left when I'm targeting the those
numbers off to the side?

Please advise,
-sb

10 Oct 2003 14:19:44
despondent
Re: Facing Dartboard - proper position?

The best for me is to always line up in the same place on bull, then
turn body slightly toward the target spot. This reduces the
variability in throws and is recommended in the book Fundartmentals.

The only time I move left or right is when I'm shooting for bull or a
specific trip and there's already a dart in there blocking it.

>In an effort to improve my game, I was wondering if someone could tell me
>the proper way to face the dartboard as I throw...
>
>Should I always stand in the same spot no matter my target (directly in
>front of the bulls-eye)? This is what I do now - my thinking is that I
>should get used to throwing from the same position.
>
>Or should I stand a bit to the right/left when I'm targeting the those
>numbers off to the side?
>
>Please advise,
>-sb

11 Oct 2003 04:47:04
Tae-chon
Re: Facing Dartboard - proper position?

Sound advice, always line up the same...regardless of how that is... and
only move when absolutely necessary. There is no point to "needlessly"
moving around the oche.

Now with that said....
I line up differently for T20, (T18 & T15) as well as T16. I always line up
so that my dart is being thrown directly at the target... (No angles.)
Simple physics demonstrates that this is the best possible way to hit what
you are aiming at. Hold a quarter between your fingers so the head faces
you and rotate it left or right. As the quarter turns to the left or right
in your fingers, the surface area facing you gets smaller. Moving on the
oche to throw around a dart means that you will be throwing at an angle and
at an area with reduced surface value. My rule is: if I can see the triple,
don't move, go for it.

"despondent" <the@despondent.net > wrote in message
> The best for me is to always line up in the same place on bull, then
> turn body slightly toward the target spot. This reduces the
> variability in throws and is recommended in the book Fundartmentals.
>
> The only time I move left or right is when I'm shooting for bull or a
> specific trip and there's already a dart in there blocking it.
>
> >In an effort to improve my game, I was wondering if someone could tell me
> >the proper way to face the dartboard as I throw...
> >
> >Should I always stand in the same spot no matter my target (directly in
> >front of the bulls-eye)? This is what I do now - my thinking is that I
> >should get used to throwing from the same position.
> >
> >Or should I stand a bit to the right/left when I'm targeting the those
> >numbers off to the side?
> >
> >Please advise,
> >-sb

10 Oct 2003 22:53:22
Peter
Re: Facing Dartboard - proper position?

Hi,

There's no exact position, you must stand where you feel its right for you.
keep in mind, one feet forwards (say right example) and the left-one inline
with your right foot and the dartboard. Hang slightley forwards on your
right leg, BUT keep your ballans! (veryyyy important).

Now is the question, how do you trow, is it body turned totaly to board or
sideways.
I personeley trow body sideways (inline with feets) and i trowed a few times
for 30 min. and i feld this whas the right one for me.
So, i have to take little steps sideways to go for an another number, or if
its near the number i firts trew a dart at, i just lift my left foot and set
it to get in line with the dartboard.

Its all differend for everyone, so try some...
BUT not to long, because i think it will keep you bizzy while you trowing
and thats not good.. NO DISTRACKTIONS.

Ok, i hope you find this usefull and i hope that you can read this clearly
because im Dutch :)...

"May the darts be with you, always..."
Peter.
From The Netherlands.

(maybe its all crap, but this is what i have learned and it worked for me!)

"Starscream" <imcoolaid@REMOVEhotmail.com > schreef in bericht
> In an effort to improve my game, I was wondering if someone could tell me
> the proper way to face the dartboard as I throw...
>
> Should I always stand in the same spot no matter my target (directly in
> front of the bulls-eye)? This is what I do now - my thinking is that I
> should get used to throwing from the same position.
>
> Or should I stand a bit to the right/left when I'm targeting the those
> numbers off to the side?
>
> Please advise,
> -sb

15 Oct 2003 05:11:18
Sean
Re: Facing Dartboard - proper position?

BTW, thanks for all the good suggestions.

"Starscream" <imcoolaid@REMOVEhotmail.com > wrote in message
> In an effort to improve my game, I was wondering if someone could tell me
> the proper way to face the dartboard as I throw...
>
> Should I always stand in the same spot no matter my target (directly in
> front of the bulls-eye)? This is what I do now - my thinking is that I
> should get used to throwing from the same position.
>
> Or should I stand a bit to the right/left when I'm targeting the those
> numbers off to the side?
>
> Please advise,
> -sb

12 Nov 2003 19:57:53
C D
Re: Facing Dartboard - proper position?

i've been practicing a lot lately, and trying to improve my play as much as
possible.
before, i always used to stand dead center on the line and aim for
everything from there.
sometimes i shot ok, but not when going for treble 20's all the time,
usually ended up with 26 : /

but lately i've been standing off to the left of the board (i throw lefty)
and aiming for all 19's. i'm finding i'm hitting higher scores and quite a
few treble 19s (have throw way more tonnes than i ever have before). also,
i'm finding doubles a bit easier if i move to that specific side of the
board. although i'm usually trying to set myself up on a finish on the
bottom left of the board.

just takes lots of experimenting i guess : )

C D