10 Apr 2006 12:50:17
bowling master
Oil on the lanes

I was interested in knowing if anyone knew what the ingredients were in
the oil on bowling alley lanes.
If there is a website please let me know asap



11 Apr 2006 02:54:20
Re: Oil on the lanes

On 10 Apr 2006 12:50:17 -0700, "bowling master"
<niedergeoff@gmail.com > graced this newsgroup with:

>I was interested in knowing if anyone knew what the ingredients were in
>the oil on bowling alley lanes.
>If there is a website please let me know asap

no idea


11 Apr 2006 01:04:57
Al Dow
Re: Oil on the lanes

A big bottle of quaker state oil. Quaker state used to sponsor tournaments
and they got like 10 million gallons for free. They've used it ever since
for oiling the bowling lanes.
"bowling master" <niedergeoff@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1144698616.859032.286200@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>I was interested in knowing if anyone knew what the ingredients were in
> the oil on bowling alley lanes.
> If there is a website please let me know asap
>




11 Apr 2006 01:24:50
Big D
Re: Oil on the lanes

Quaker state mineral oil imported from pakistan to keep costs as low as
possible.
"Al Dow" <aldow@mountainbowl > wrote in message
news:443b3c4e$0$1769$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
>A big bottle of quaker state oil. Quaker state used to sponsor tournaments
>and they got like 10 million gallons for free. They've used it ever since
>for oiling the bowling lanes.
> "bowling master" <niedergeoff@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1144698616.859032.286200@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>>I was interested in knowing if anyone knew what the ingredients were in
>> the oil on bowling alley lanes.
>> If there is a website please let me know asap
>>
>
>




11 Apr 2006 13:07:29
PromptJock
Re: Oil on the lanes

Not only is there a terrible echo here but there's also a nasty troll
infestation....



12 Apr 2006 21:49:01
Re: Oil on the lanes

On 11 Apr 2006 13:07:29 -0700, "PromptJock"
<102151.3223@compuserve.com > graced this newsgroup with:

>Not only is there a terrible echo here but there's also a nasty troll
>infestation....


he's posted equally awe inspiring questions in the past.


13 Apr 2006 07:41:30
Re: Oil on the lanes

In reply to your recent question of content of Bowling Lane Oil, there
are varied ingreedients, such as imported mineral oils in most cases,
as well as additive packages (proprietary information) formulated to
resist the heat and friction generated by the ball on the lane as well.
Another and most impotant purpose of the oil on the lane is to protect
the surface.The oil will is enable the Bowler to control the movement
of the ball. Because of the oil on the lane the ball will experience
roll, slide and hook depending on the pattern and application of the
oil. We hope this has somewhat answered your inquiry.
kegler@bowling.net wrote:
> On 11 Apr 2006 13:07:29 -0700, "PromptJock"
> <102151.3223@compuserve.com> graced this newsgroup with:
>
> >Not only is there a terrible echo here but there's also a nasty troll
> >infestation....
>
>
> he's posted equally awe inspiring questions in the past.