05 Oct 2004 01:28:37
jim
squats help

I do all my workouts from home as its alot easier for me being a shift
worker. The problem i seem to be having is that if always had strong legs
compared to the rest of my body, so trying to do BB squats i have the
problem that to get enough weight to wear my quads out im finding that my
upperbody is struggling to get the BB on to my shoulders as the weight is
more then my upper can handle. Cant realy afford to go buy new equipment at
the moment so getting a squat machine is out. Does any one have any ideads
that may be of use?

06 Oct 2004 09:45:06
kever
Re: squats help

hi , as i also work in shifts i try to do my exercises at home too , problem
is i don't know exactly what exercises are good for me , i mean can i find
a site where exercises like quad squad are shown with pictures so i see how
to do them - i have bought this machine where you can sit on to do exercises
for arms and legs , i also have some weights separately and a bench to do
stomach exercises - anyone can help me for pics of excercises ?

08 Oct 2004 20:04:52
JasonJ
Re: squats help

Here you go, great site.
http://www.exrx.net/

"kever" <mazomi@pandora.be > wrote in message
> hi , as i also work in shifts i try to do my exercises at home too ,
problem
> is i don't know exactly what exercises are good for me , i mean can i
find
> a site where exercises like quad squad are shown with pictures so i see
how
> to do them - i have bought this machine where you can sit on to do
exercises
> for arms and legs , i also have some weights separately and a bench to do
> stomach exercises - anyone can help me for pics of excercises ?

08 Oct 2004 22:52:49
Blair P. Houghton
Re: squats help

JasonJ <jason_j@telus.net > wrote:
>Here you go, great site.
>http://www.exrx.net/

I like this page especially:

http://www.exrx.net/AnabolicSteroids/NegativeOutline.html

--Blair
"Nothing like watching people go out
of their way to get smaller nads."

09 Oct 2004 18:46:29
David
Re: squats help

Jim, check out the Manta Ray, a barbell accessory at
http://www.qfac.com/gear/mantaray.html

I use it at home and it helps a lot with squats.

David