25 Oct 2004 01:37:02
jim
postierior delt help?

just wondering whats the best and quickest move for building the postieror
deltoid... plenty of info for the front but not the poste delt ..... any
help would be nice

25 Oct 2004 03:36:05
Blair P. Houghton
Re: postierior delt help?

jim <jrm3000@ncable.net.au > wrote:
>just wondering whats the best and quickest move for building the postieror
>deltoid... plenty of info for the front but not the poste delt ..... any
>help would be nice

I've been focussing on mine for a few weeks (6-8 sessions),
and it seems to be working pretty well. I can feel a big
bulge back there when I pull my elbow back that just wasn't
there at all when I started.

Rowing motions with your hands above your shoulder are
one exercise. There's also a machine that is like a
pec-fly machine but has handles instead of pads, and
you sit facing it and fly outward instead of forward.
But it's kind of awkward.

My favorite is to sit on the corner of a bench, lean
forward 45 degrees, place one hand on the bench between my
thighs, and with the other lift a dumbbell from the floor
between my feet until it's even with my chest (which
reminds me; I need to use a little less weight and work
on my form at this one tomorrow; I've been cheating it by
heaving up and yet not reaching the limit of my shoulder's
flexibility).

You can also put one hand and one knee on the bench to
get your back parallel to the floor and do the lift;
this replaces that awkward delt-fly machine.

--Blair
"And don't forget to stretch."

26 Oct 2004 01:45:38
Blair P. Houghton
Re: postierior delt help?

Blair P. Houghton <b@p.h > wrote:
>jim <jrm3000@ncable.net.au> wrote:
>>just wondering whats the best and quickest move for building the postieror
>>deltoid... plenty of info for the front but not the poste delt ..... any
>>help would be nice
>
>Rowing motions with your hands above your shoulder are

Make that "rowing motions with your elbows elevated."
You can do them from just about any starting angle.

--Blair
"Just don't hurt yourself."

26 Oct 2004 19:13:21
Aaron
Re: postierior delt help?

> There's also a machine that is like a
> pec-fly machine but has handles instead of pads, and
> you sit facing it and fly outward instead of forward.
> But it's kind of awkward.

Just finished a cycle of these and like them, allow you to up the weight
without comprimising form too much. Now doing bent cable raises.

Aaron.