18 Nov 2003 21:30:53
Johan Wagener
fat in eggs

Is it true that the egg yellow is only fat? If so is there any benefit of
eating (drinking) only the white?

I don't mind seperating them but it feels like such a waste tossing the
yellow away

18 Nov 2003 20:52:30
EAVL Inc.
Re: fat in eggs

"Johan Wagener" <pil(nospam)@webmail.co.za > wrote in message

> Is it true that the egg yellow is only fat?

No.

> If so is there any benefit of eating (drinking) only the white?

Less fat.

> I don't mind seperating them but it feels like such a waste tossing the
> yellow away

It is. The yolk also contains other nutritions like vitamins A, B12, D,
lecithin, zinc and iron.

18 Nov 2003 14:04:00
Proton Soup
Re: fat in eggs

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:52:30 +0100, "EAVL Inc." <unknown@isp.invalid >
wrote:

>"Johan Wagener" <pil(nospam)@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
>>
>> Is it true that the egg yellow is only fat?
>
>No.
>
>> If so is there any benefit of eating (drinking) only the white?
>
>Less fat.
>
>> I don't mind seperating them but it feels like such a waste tossing the
>> yellow away
>
>It is. The yolk also contains other nutritions like vitamins A, B12, D,
>lecithin, zinc and iron.

The yolk also contains half of the protein.

Proton Soup

18 Nov 2003 15:38:30
Bob Garrison
Re: fat in eggs

"Proton Soup" <proton@soup.org > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:52:30 +0100, "EAVL Inc." <unknown@isp.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >"Johan Wagener" <pil(nospam)@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Is it true that the egg yellow is only fat?
> >
> >No.
> >
> >> If so is there any benefit of eating (drinking) only the white?
> >
> >Less fat.
> >
> >> I don't mind seperating them but it feels like such a waste tossing the
> >> yellow away
> >
> >It is. The yolk also contains other nutritions like vitamins A, B12, D,
> >lecithin, zinc and iron.
>
> The yolk also contains half of the protein.

Plus we *need* fat in our diet.
So the bottom line is eat the whole damn egg.

20 Nov 2003 00:08:37
Paul L
Re: feels heave after eggs

My stomach feels "heavy" after eating 3-4 eggs. Does anyone knows why?

"Bob Garrison" <bobgns@netscape.net > wrote in message

> "Proton Soup" <proton@soup.org> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:52:30 +0100, "EAVL Inc." <unknown@isp.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >"Johan Wagener" <pil(nospam)@webmail.co.za> wrote in message

> > >No.

> > >Less fat.

> > >It is. The yolk also contains other nutritions like vitamins A, B12, D,
> > >lecithin, zinc and iron.
> >
> > The yolk also contains half of the protein.
> >

> Plus we *need* fat in our diet.
> So the bottom line is eat the whole damn egg.

20 Nov 2003 14:40:32
FK
Re: feels heave after eggs

CAUSE YOU'RE A PUSS.

"Paul L" <phavnNO_SPAM@hotpop.com > wrote in message

> My stomach feels "heavy" after eating 3-4 eggs. Does anyone knows why?

20 Nov 2003 15:35:29
Paul L
Re: feels heave after eggs

WOW you are smart!