29 Jun 2003 15:40:29
Ron
Which supplements REALLY help to increase mass?

Hi there,

Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.

Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
(creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)

BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
break through my old ceiling soon.

Thanks!

29 Jun 2003 15:54:16
Jeade MacHaskop
Re: Which supplements REALLY help to increase mass?

No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
OR take steroids.

"Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

30 Jun 2003 01:27:09
EAVL Inc.

"Jeade MacHaskop" <jm@scar.edu > wrote in message

> No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
> size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat
right
> OR take steroids.

When you're on juice you need even more calories. It's not one or the other.

30 Jun 2003 01:25:40
Steve Kleine
Re: Which supplements REALLY help to increase mass?

"Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

Two supplements, creatine and HMB, have data supporting their use to augment
lean mass and strength gains with resistance training. (Departments of
Animal Science and Health and Human Performance, Iowa State University)

Steve the (Medline is my hobby!) Geek
--

If they hear, they do not listen.
If they listen, they do not understand.

30 Jun 2003 04:06:39
Big Bill

On 29 Jun 2003 15:40:29 -0700, ronknight213@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

>Hi there,
>
> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
>the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
>mass increase?

Ice cream, mashed potato with loads of butter blended in.

BB

> There are at least a billion products on the market
>that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
>diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>
> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
>(creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>
> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
>just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
>worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
>break through my old ceiling soon.
>
> Thanks!

MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

29 Jun 2003 22:38:30
Re: Which supplements REALLY help to increase mass?

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 04:06:39 +0100, Big Bill <kruse@cityscape.co.uk >
wrote:

>On 29 Jun 2003 15:40:29 -0700, ronknight213@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
>>the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
>>mass increase?
>
>Ice cream, mashed potato with loads of butter blended in.

Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey or Cherry Garcia, straight up. 1260
calories per pint.

>BB
>
>> There are at least a billion products on the market
>>that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
>>diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>>
>> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
>>(creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>>
>> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
>>just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
>>worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
>>break through my old ceiling soon.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
>There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
>the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
>or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
>aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

--
The Right Honorable Robinson, Baron of Bourbon

"Robbo's as wide as he's tall and he carries a gun. He told me he
was charming, intelligent and articulate and I wasn't going to argue
with him." (Ellis)
--

30 Jun 2003 11:27:07
Bonker

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" <jm@scar.edu >
wrote:

>No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
>size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
>OR take steroids.
>

>"Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
>> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
>> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
>> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
>> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
>>
>> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
>> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
>>
>> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
>> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
>> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
>> break through my old ceiling soon.
>>
>> Thanks!

Crap.

If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
order.

Re insomnia, try GABA, I'm a crap sleeper too and it certainly knocks
me out!

Bonker.

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permissible"
(Hasan ibn-al Sabah - 12th Century)

gps

Bonker wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" <jm@scar.edu>
> wrote:
>
> >No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
> >size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
> >OR take steroids.
> >

> >"Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Wanted to get some feedback from the experts - which supplements (of
> >> the 100 billion out there) do you recommend for really assisting with
> >> mass increase? There are at least a billion products on the market
> >> that claim to help with mass, but I doubt most do anything that a good
> >> diet and strong workout program alone don't already do.
> >>
> >> Just curious what supplements the experts on the board were using
> >> (creatine, glutamine, flax seed, lecithin, etc)
> >>
> >> BTW, to the individuals who recommend I not use test boosters and
> >> just increase protein intake to cure my insomnia and tiredness - it
> >> worked beautifully - I am regaining mass once again and am hoping to
> >> break through my old ceiling soon.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
>
> Crap.
>
> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> order.

Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
ps

04 Jul 2003 02:58:19
Bonker

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:58:34 -0700, gps <gstyles@ix.netcom.com > wrote:

>Bonker wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" <jm@scar.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
>> >size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
>> >OR take steroids.
>> >

>> >"Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Crap.
>>
>> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>> order.
>
>Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
>ps

Up to half a stone (7lbs) in a few weeks by my own experience and I've
done it twice. Some people don't seem to get such an effect though but
everyone's different and when/how you take it probably makes a big
difference too.

Bonker.

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permissible"
(Hasan ibn-al Sabah - 12th Century)

Tom Morley

gps wrote:
> Bonker wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" <jm@scar.edu>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't increase
>>>size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout right and eat right
>>>OR take steroids.
>>>

>>>"Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>Crap.
>>
>>If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>>order.
>

> Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> ps

Isn't that a kind of cook?

--
Tom Morley | Same roads
morley@math.gatech.edu | Same rights

04 Jul 2003 08:49:56
Bully

gps wrote:
> Bonker wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:54:16 -0700, "Jeade MacHaskop" <jm@scar.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No supplement will do much of anything. They certainly won't
>>> increase size/mass. If you want to increase mass, either workout
>>> right and eat right OR take steroids.
>>>

>>> "Ron" <ronknight213@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Crap.
>>
>> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
>> order.
>
> Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> ps

A pound in an imperial measure. 1 pound= 454 grams.
--
Bully
http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"This life is more than just a read thru" - Anthony Kiedis

04 Jul 2003 10:43:51
gps

Bonker wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:58:34 -0700, gps <gstyles@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >Bonker wrote:

> >> Crap.
> >>
> >> If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> >> order.
> >
> >Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> >ps
>
> Up to half a stone (7lbs) in a few weeks by my own experience and I've
> done it twice. Some people don't seem to get such an effect though but
> everyone's different and when/how you take it probably makes a big
> difference too.
>
> Bonker.

You do realize that creatine causes water retention and that the weight
gain is not entirely muscle.
ps

04 Jul 2003 10:45:04
gps

Tom Morley wrote:

> gps wrote:
> > Bonker wrote:

> >>If creatine works well for you, you'll pile on pounds of LBM in short
> >>order.
> >

> > Could you quantify pounds, roughly, and define short order?
> > ps
>
> Isn't that a kind of cook?
>
> --
> Tom Morley | Same roads