03 Jan 2004 13:19:39
alchemy
Techniques for losing (yes, really) muscle mass?

I'm female, have lifted for 20 years, and competed for the first 10. I was
always an easy gainer. I am really enjoying running, and I really don't need
or want all this muscle mass any more...keeping about 2/3 would be great. Is
there anyone out there who has deliberately set out to lose mass and been
successful in leaning out? Even a not-too-heavy, 12-rep-set type of program
hasn't helped me lose any mass. I'd prefer not to quit lifting altogether,
since the difference in tone (which I want to keep) is of course noticeable
when I stop lifting for a few weeks. Any thoughts much appreciated :) .

03 Jan 2004 18:02:20
Bob Garrison
Re: Techniques for losing (yes, really) muscle mass?

"alchemy" <neoncoyotesitka@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> I'm female, have lifted for 20 years, and competed for the first 10. I was
> always an easy gainer. I am really enjoying running, and I really don't
need
> or want all this muscle mass any more...keeping about 2/3 would be great.
Is
> there anyone out there who has deliberately set out to lose mass and been
> successful in leaning out? Even a not-too-heavy, 12-rep-set type of
program
> hasn't helped me lose any mass. I'd prefer not to quit lifting altogether,
> since the difference in tone (which I want to keep) is of course
noticeable
> when I stop lifting for a few weeks. Any thoughts much appreciated :) .

Lose some weight.

05 Jan 2004 03:11:45
EAVL Inc.
Re: Techniques for losing (yes, really) muscle mass?

"alchemy" <neoncoyotesitka@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> I'm female, have lifted for 20 years, and competed for the first 10. I was
> always an easy gainer. I am really enjoying running, and I really don't
need
> or want all this muscle mass any more...keeping about 2/3 would be great.
Is
> there anyone out there who has deliberately set out to lose mass and been
> successful in leaning out? Even a not-too-heavy, 12-rep-set type of
program
> hasn't helped me lose any mass. I'd prefer not to quit lifting altogether,
> since the difference in tone (which I want to keep) is of course
noticeable
> when I stop lifting for a few weeks. Any thoughts much appreciated :) .

Incredible. You've been lifting 20 years, competed for 10, but still don't
know the principales of bodybuilding?