17 Dec 2006 04:50:33
Wannabe bully
Lagging arms

I have recently started training with weights again, after a couple of years
on and off.

My arms have always been relatively thinner than rest of my body, and that
is why I want to start with them to get better propotions. My calves and
neck are 45 cm, but arms are only 40 cm thick. I have read they use to be
equal, so I want to work to get my arms and upper body bigger.

Anyone got any good training programs or suggestions for me? How many sets
and reps for each exercise?

I also got about 5-10 kg of fat I can get rid of. Would a high protein diet
while training help me to get rid of the fat and pack some mass on upper
body at the same time?





21 Dec 2006 15:38:31
Bully
Re: Lagging arms

Wannabe bully wrote:
> I have recently started training with weights again, after a couple
> of years on and off.
>
> My arms have always been relatively thinner than rest of my body, and
> that is why I want to start with them to get better propotions. My
> calves and neck are 45 cm, but arms are only 40 cm thick. I have read
> they use to be equal, so I want to work to get my arms and upper body
> bigger.
> Anyone got any good training programs or suggestions for me? How many
> sets and reps for each exercise?

For arms, or upper body?

>
> I also got about 5-10 kg of fat I can get rid of. Would a high
> protein diet while training help me to get rid of the fat and pack
> some mass on upper body at the same time?

Probably. Don't you want to pack it on your legs too?


--
Bully
Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss




23 Dec 2006 13:36:52
Wannabe bully
Re: Lagging arms


"Bully" <bully1@proteinbars.co.ok > wrote in message
news:4uvo3cF197fouU1@mid.individual.net...
> Wannabe bully wrote:
>> I have recently started training with weights again, after a couple
>> of years on and off.
>>
>> My arms have always been relatively thinner than rest of my body, and
>> that is why I want to start with them to get better propotions. My
>> calves and neck are 45 cm, but arms are only 40 cm thick. I have read
>> they use to be equal, so I want to work to get my arms and upper body
>> bigger.
>> Anyone got any good training programs or suggestions for me? How many
>> sets and reps for each exercise?
>
> For arms, or upper body?
>
>>
>> I also got about 5-10 kg of fat I can get rid of. Would a high
>> protein diet while training help me to get rid of the fat and pack
>> some mass on upper body at the same time?
>
> Probably. Don't you want to pack it on your legs too?
>
>

The problem is my arms (and upper body) is propotionally much slimmer than
my legs. A couple of years ago i did pack on a lot of muscle when doing some
"hardgainer" training program with mostly compound exercises and not very
many sets, reps etc. I think the good training foundation I got back then
transformed me from a "hardgainer" to normal or better. Therefore I think I
got a good base to get better propotions and bigger arms, and will try that
for some months. You need to do many sets, reps and exercises with lower
weights when doing bodybuilding, while strenght training is heavier weights
but less volume?

I need a good training routine for upper body as a whole, and not arms only,
of course.

My legs are very good developed I think, Calves is 47 cm, thighs 70 cm, I
have always had strong legs. If I skip leg exercises, and do them only a
couple of times a month, will I get better recuperation for my upper body?