04 Jan 2005 03:48:23
HarryUSA
- - - Yahoo! News; Henry McDaniel Killed by New Years Bullet

Orlando man killed by stray bullet during New Year's Celebration
---Posted on Mon, Jan. 03, 2005
---Associated Press
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/10553689.htm?1c

ORLANDO, Fla. - An elderly man was killed when a bullet from a high-powered
rifle fell from the night sky and hit him in the chest, the result of the
New Year's Eve practice of firing guns into the air, officials said.

Henry McDaniel, 75, was walking in a neighborhood near Orlando on Friday
just before midnight when he collapsed in the street, witnesses and
sheriff's officials said. He had been at a party celebrating the New Year
with friends and had decided to visit another house.

Before he collapsed, McDaniel told friends who were standing with him near
the street: "Boys, something hit me. Something hit me."

Doctors at Orlando Regional Medical Center later discovered the bullet,
which struck his heart.

Officials blamed the death on a common but illegal practice by New Year's
Eve revelers to shoot into the air, a tradition that is usually harmless,
said Orange County sheriff's spokeswoman Crystal Candy.

"For some idiot to shoot a rifle into the air is crazy," said Dale Mayo, a
friend of McDaniel who was at the party.

McDaniel, a Georgia native who moved to the Orlando area in 1951, was
described by many neighbors as a father figure.

"You couldn't find a nicer guy," Mayo said. "He'd give you the shirt off his
back."

---

Information from: The Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
###

--
..HarryUSA
..YIM: harryusa1776

07 Jan 2005 00:02:09
Yardpilot
Re: - - - Yahoo! News; Henry McDaniel Killed by New Years Bullet

"HarryUSA" <REMOVE~~harryusa1776@yahoo.com~~REMOVE > wrote in message
> Orlando man killed by stray bullet during New Year's Celebration
> ---Posted on Mon, Jan. 03, 2005
> ---Associated Press
> http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/10553689.htm?1c
>

> ORLANDO, Fla. - An elderly man was killed when a bullet from a
high-powered
> rifle fell from the night sky and hit him in the chest, the result of the
> New Year's Eve practice of firing guns into the air, officials said.

Yup, some people are idiots and some reporters are full of crap.