13 Jan 2005 21:17:03
HarryUSA
. . . . UPI News; Supreme Court Allows Gun Lawsuit

Calif. Gun Suit to Go Forward
--Jan. 10, 2005

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050110-123229-3278r.htm

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10 (UPI) -- The U.S. Supreme Court Monday
let stand a lower-court ruling that allows a suit to proceed against
the makers of guns used in a California shooting spree.
Buford Furrow was carrying a 9mm handgun, a 9mm
short-barreled rifle, an automatic 7.62-caliber rifle, a
.223-caliber rifle, two .308-caliber rifles and a .22-caliber
handgun on Aug. 10, 1999.

He entered the Jewish Community Center in Granada Hills,
Calif., and shot three young children, a teenager and an adult.
After fleeing the scene, he shot and killed U.S. postal carrier
Joseph Ileto, of Filipino descent, in Chatsworth, Calif.
Furrow would be sentenced to life in prison.
Ileto's mother and the three children sued the manufactures
and distributors of the guns Furrow carried, including Glock Inc.
A federal judge dismissed the suit. But a federal appeals
court, saying the plaintiffs had a claim under state law, reinstated
it.

The companies then unsuccessfully asked the Supreme Court
for review.
###

--
..HarryUSA
..YIM: harryusa1776

14 Jan 2005 07:45:42
Tealc
Re: . . . . UPI News; Supreme Court Allows Gun Lawsuit

"HarryUSA" <REMOVE~harryusa1776@yahoo.com~REMOVE > wrote in message
> Calif. Gun Suit to Go Forward
> --Jan. 10, 2005
>
> http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050110-123229-3278r.htm
>
> WASHINGTON, Jan. 10 (UPI) -- The U.S. Supreme Court Monday
> let stand a lower-court ruling that allows a suit to proceed against
> the makers of guns used in a California shooting spree.
> Buford Furrow was carrying a 9mm handgun, a 9mm
> short-barreled rifle, an automatic 7.62-caliber rifle, a
> .223-caliber rifle, two .308-caliber rifles and a .22-caliber
> handgun on Aug. 10, 1999.
>
> He entered the Jewish Community Center in Granada Hills,
> Calif., and shot three young children, a teenager and an adult.
> After fleeing the scene, he shot and killed U.S. postal carrier
> Joseph Ileto, of Filipino descent, in Chatsworth, Calif.
> Furrow would be sentenced to life in prison.
> Ileto's mother and the three children sued the manufactures
> and distributors of the guns Furrow carried, including Glock Inc.
> A federal judge dismissed the suit. But a federal appeals
> court, saying the plaintiffs had a claim under state law, reinstated
> it.
>
> The companies then unsuccessfully asked the Supreme Court
> for review.
> ###
>

> --
> ..HarryUSA
> ..YIM: harryusa1776
> ..NRA Life Member
> ..Webpage: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~harryusa

for Gods sake
why not sue Microsoft for all the "Holes" in IE and OE much more reason to
do so
and what about Spam doesnt Microsoft have a lot of responsibility
what about Trojans Etc Etc
all due to using microsoft !!!
Sounds a bit like the stupid american woman who dried her poodle in the
microwave
" well it didnt tell me not to" so sued microwave manufacturer
Is this a reflection on americans ??

Save Nature
Pickle a squirrell

14 Jan 2005 09:59:04
HarryUSA
Re: . . . . UPI News; Supreme Court Allows Gun Lawsuit

> for Gods sake
> why not sue Microsoft for all the "Holes" in IE and OE much more reason to
> do so
> and what about Spam doesnt Microsoft have a lot of responsibility
> what about Trojans Etc Etc
> all due to using microsoft !!!
> Sounds a bit like the stupid american woman who dried her poodle in the
> microwave
> " well it didnt tell me not to" so sued microwave manufacturer
> Is this a reflection on americans ??
>
> Save Nature
> Pickle a squirrell

***Some Americans. Most Americans believe in being responsible for
themselves and don't blame cars or guns for our behavior.***

--
..HarryUSA
..YIM: harryusa1776
..NRA Life Member
..Webpage: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~harryusa

14 Jan 2005 12:40:18
Morton Davis

"Tealc" <tealc@easyitis.net > wrote in message news:41e779a7.0@entanet...

> "HarryUSA" <REMOVE~harryusa1776@yahoo.com~REMOVE> wrote in message
> > Calif. Gun Suit to Go Forward
> > --Jan. 10, 2005
> >
> > http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050110-123229-3278r.htm
> >
> > WASHINGTON, Jan. 10 (UPI) -- The U.S. Supreme Court Monday
> > let stand a lower-court ruling that allows a suit to proceed against
> > the makers of guns used in a California shooting spree.
> > Buford Furrow was carrying a 9mm handgun, a 9mm
> > short-barreled rifle, an automatic 7.62-caliber rifle, a
> > .223-caliber rifle, two .308-caliber rifles and a .22-caliber
> > handgun on Aug. 10, 1999.
> >
> > He entered the Jewish Community Center in Granada Hills,
> > Calif., and shot three young children, a teenager and an adult.
> > After fleeing the scene, he shot and killed U.S. postal carrier
> > Joseph Ileto, of Filipino descent, in Chatsworth, Calif.
> > Furrow would be sentenced to life in prison.
> > Ileto's mother and the three children sued the manufactures
> > and distributors of the guns Furrow carried, including Glock Inc.
> > A federal judge dismissed the suit. But a federal appeals
> > court, saying the plaintiffs had a claim under state law, reinstated
> > it.
> >
> > The companies then unsuccessfully asked the Supreme Court
> > for review.
> > ###
> >

> > --
> > ..HarryUSA
> > ..YIM: harryusa1776
> > ..NRA Life Member
> > ..Webpage: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~harryusa
> >

> for Gods sake
> why not sue Microsoft for all the "Holes" in IE and OE much more reason to
> do so
> and what about Spam doesnt Microsoft have a lot of responsibility
> what about Trojans Etc Etc
> all due to using microsoft !!!
> Sounds a bit like the stupid american woman who dried her poodle in the
> microwave
> " well it didnt tell me not to" so sued microwave manufacturer
> Is this a reflection on americans ??
>
> Save Nature
> Pickle a squirrell

Buford Furrow's guns were illegally purchased. He is a prime example of the
IDIOCY of the Brady Bill. Furrow tried to buy a gun legally and was refused
when he failed the NICS. And well he should:

Buford Furrow was out of prison after his part in a plot to have a federal
witness murdered and decapitated. Furrow was a member of Bob Matthews'
radical neo-nazi group,"The Order". The Order was responsible for the murder
of Denver talk radio host Berg, multiple armed robberies, a massive
counterfeiting ring and the fire bombings of multiple homes of interracial
couples. Bob Matthews was killed in a fiery shutout with the FBI.

Mattews' widow was Furrow's live-in lover at the time of the shootings.

That Furrow attempted to buy a gun and failed the NICS SHOULD have set off
alarm bells up and down law enforcement, from the FBI right down to the
local level.

The Clinton's used Furrow's actions to have close Clinton family friend and
long time democratic campaign worker and fund raiser, Donna Deese Thomases,
assume leadership of the "Million Mom March" and turn it into a political
entity to support the Clinton's anti gun agenda and the presidential
aspirations of Al Gore Jr.

-*MORT*-