13 Jan 2005 21:40:48
HarryUSA
- - REPOST - - Air GUN Regulations Proposed in Chico California

******
[Still Think "Gun Control" Doesn't Pertain to you?]
******

Council Committee Approves Regulations on Air Guns
--By ARI COHN - Staff Writer
--Article Last Updated: Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 12:02:29 AM PST
http://www.chicoer.com/Stories/0,1413,135~25088~2527728,00.html

New rules regulating compressed air guns in Chico received the endorsement
of city officials Wednesday.

The city's Internal Affairs Committee took up the issue after several BB gun
shooting incidents in a northeast Chico neighborhood in February brought to
light a loophole in the law. The committee voted 2-0 to recommend the City
Council approve the measures.

The proposed changes to the Chico Municipal Code would clarify that firing
over public property is prohibited and expressly mention paintball guns and
guns powered by carbon dioxide, which commonly is used in BB guns. The law
would apply to slingshots and other devices that propel stones, beans or
similar projectiles as well.

The amendments would not regulate the possession or sale of such guns, and
does not apply to firearms that use explosive gases to launch a projectile.

The City Council likely will consider the matter Dec. 7.

The firing of devices that use a spring, bow or compressed air or gas to
launch a projectile already are banned on public land, as is firing a
projectile from private property onto public land. However, the law does not
appear to prohibit shooting over public land from one private property onto
another over a city street, for instance.

The proposed changes stem from several reported shootings on Diablo and
Ceres avenues in northeast Chico last February. Four people, two of them
elderly, were shot while walking on Diablo. Another man was shot while
standing in his yard on Ceres.

The shots were believed to have come from the second story of a house on
Diablo into which several adults and a child recently had moved.

When police arrived, the adults allegedly admitted to firing a BB gun in
their back yard, but said the victims must have been hit by ricochets. The
victims disputed that account. Either way, the alleged suspects handed the
gun over to police. No charges were filed because it was unclear if city law
made it illegal to fire BBs over public property.

The proposed changes would not regulate the use of such things as air guns
on or between adjacent private properties, provided the landowners consent.

Internal Affairs Committee members Mayor Maureen Kirk and City Councilor
Steve Bertagna voted in favor of the amendments, while Councilor Dan Herbert
was absent.
###

..HarryUSA
..YIM: harryusa1776
..NRA Life Member
..Webpage: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~harryusa

13 Jan 2005 21:47:55
HarryUSA
Re: - - REPOST - - Air GUN Regulations Proposed in Chico California

[There were a few people a month back or so that felt that I shouldn't be
posting firearm related issues in this newsgroup. As if firearm related news
doesn't pertain to you. Well it does. Read the Chico story and see for
yourself. This is how it starts. First they pass one ordinance, then another
and so forth. Before you know it, you will have to get your picture taken,
get registered with the state, pass tests, and perhaps lose the sport
altogether.

Gun control affects all projectile related sports even archery. We are all
in this together and should ban together and not allow local, state or the
federal goverment to blame the average arm owner for the actions of the
relative few. The National Rifle Association believes the criminal should be
punished and not the law abiding citizen.

If you value the right to keep and bear arms, then join the flagship "arm"
protection lobby; the National Rifle Association. They are the most
respected, noticed and feared of the progun organizations. If anyone can
protect your firearm, or air gun rights, it's the NRA!!!]

www.nrahq.org

--
..HarryUSA
..YIM: harryusa1776
..NRA Life Member
..Webpage: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~harryusa

22 Jan 2005 08:33:57
D. E. Moder
Re: - - REPOST - - Air GUN Regulations Proposed in Chico California

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

b.. Open the homepage.interaccess.com home page, and then look for
links to the information you want.

Oh look Harryusa doesn't exist.

But try it for yourself and see.