16 Jun 2005 23:17:33
HarryUSA
/// /// Note to Air-Gun Owners /// ///

Air-Gun Owners

If you think you have no interest in joining the National Rifle Association
in an effort to protect the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, just read the
articles that I posted about Air-Guns. All it takes is a tragedy and some
will call for a ban as in the Andrew Morton Case; the two year old boy that
was killed by an air-gun.

In England, they came for the Guns and they got them. Few people bitched.
Now some Doctors are calling for a Kitchen Knife Ban. It's only a matter of
time before some moron in US politics suggests something that stupid. If
you lose the right to own a gun and a knife, don't think for a moment that
Air Guns won't be the next thing on the list to go.

If you don't join the NRA, at least join some organization that will lobby
to protect your right to own an Air Gun.

HarryUSA

###

17 Jun 2005 12:31:20
Clyde
Re: /// /// Note to Air-Gun Owners /// ///

HarryUSA wrote:
> Air-Gun Owners
>
> If you think you have no interest in joining the National Rifle Association
> in an effort to protect the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, just read the
> articles that I posted about Air-Guns. All it takes is a tragedy and some
> will call for a ban as in the Andrew Morton Case; the two year old boy that
> was killed by an air-gun.
>
> In England, they came for the Guns and they got them. Few people bitched.
> Now some Doctors are calling for a Kitchen Knife Ban. It's only a matter of
> time before some moron in US politics suggests something that stupid. If
> you lose the right to own a gun and a knife, don't think for a moment that
> Air Guns won't be the next thing on the list to go.
>
> If you don't join the NRA, at least join some organization that will lobby
> to protect your right to own an Air Gun.
>
> HarryUSA
>
> ###

Who said we aren't interested in joining the NRA? Who said that we
aren't members already? You just insulted, at least one, long time
member of the NRA.

Just because we like airguns and want a place where we only talk about
airguns, doesn't mean that we don't have firearms, like them, or use
them. I bet the vast majority of us do have and use firearms too.

We also read other source besides this one newsgroup. So, we are likely
to see your missionary postings in an appropriate place.

However, being a pushy, obnoxious, missionary who blatantly breaks the
rules will never win you any friends or converts. So, follow newsgroup
rules and post to appropriate newsgroups without cross posting.

The first rule of effective communication: Don't piss off your intended
audience.

Clyde

18 Jun 2005 00:41:48
HarryUSA
Re: /// /// Note to Air-Gun Owners /// ///

> Who said we aren't interested in joining the NRA? Who said that we aren't
> members already? You just insulted, at least one, long time member of the
> NRA.
>
> Just because we like airguns and want a place where we only talk about
> airguns, doesn't mean that we don't have firearms, like them, or use them.
> I bet the vast majority of us do have and use firearms too.
>
> We also read other source besides this one newsgroup. So, we are likely to
> see your missionary postings in an appropriate place.
>
> However, being a pushy, obnoxious, missionary who blatantly breaks the
> rules will never win you any friends or converts. So, follow newsgroup
> rules and post to appropriate newsgroups without cross posting.
>
> The first rule of effective communication: Don't piss off your intended
> audience.
>
> Clyde

Clyde,

You sound like a smart guy. I am glad you own guns and are a NRA member like
me! Perhaps I assumed that because you guys use air-guns that you and the
people here did not have an interest in firearms.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the information!

Kick ass and don't insult too easily or everytime you watch the news you are
going to wind up with a black eye.

HarryUSA

###

24 Sep 2005 10:49:37
The Dude
Re: /// /// Note to Air-Gun Owners /// ///

Nice to see you have so much compassion for a two year old child killed by
an idiot.
How would you feel if it was your kid?
Would you still join the RNA? Or would you devise some convoluted nonsense
about why we should have even more guns?
Maybe if that mother had armed the two year old, she'd still have her child
now.
Get your priorities right.

Booster (gun owner)
"HarryUSA" <REMOVE~harryusa1776@yahoo.com~REMOVE > wrote in message
>> Who said we aren't interested in joining the NRA? Who said that we aren't
>> members already? You just insulted, at least one, long time member of the
>> NRA.
>>
>> Just because we like airguns and want a place where we only talk about
>> airguns, doesn't mean that we don't have firearms, like them, or use
>> them. I bet the vast majority of us do have and use firearms too.
>>
>> We also read other source besides this one newsgroup. So, we are likely
>> to see your missionary postings in an appropriate place.
>>
>> However, being a pushy, obnoxious, missionary who blatantly breaks the
>> rules will never win you any friends or converts. So, follow newsgroup
>> rules and post to appropriate newsgroups without cross posting.
>>
>> The first rule of effective communication: Don't piss off your intended
>> audience.
>>
>> Clyde
>

> Clyde,
>
> You sound like a smart guy. I am glad you own guns and are a NRA member
> like me! Perhaps I assumed that because you guys use air-guns that you and
> the people here did not have an interest in firearms.
>
> I stand corrected. Thanks for the information!
>
> Kick ass and don't insult too easily or everytime you watch the news you
> are going to wind up with a black eye.
>
> HarryUSA
>
> ###

24 Sep 2005 14:40:48
Joseph Lovell
Re: /// /// Note to Air-Gun Owners /// ///

The Dude wrote:

>Nice to see you have so much compassion for a two year old child killed by an idiot.

Was that the idiot with the car? Or maybe the idiot mother who backed
over her own kid?
Or the idiot mother who left water in the bucket while she went to
answer the phone? Or the idiot who gave a bike to a kid? Or the idiot
who used a candle for a night light for the kid?
Projectile weapons are way the hell down on the list of ways kids are
accidentally killed. Start eliminating things at the top of the list first.