24 Jan 2005 17:38:50
Fred
What maintenance is required?

My Gamo didn't come with any maintenance instructions. I did get a kit
to wipe down the barrel and clean the inside of the barrel. But what
about the trigger? Does it need oil? Grease? Any other areas that I
need to take care of? The stock is synthetic.

24 Jan 2005 19:40:01
Mike Nelson
Re: What maintenance is required?

Fred wrote:
> My Gamo didn't come with any maintenance instructions. I did get a kit
> to wipe down the barrel and clean the inside of the barrel. But what
> about the trigger? Does it need oil? Grease? Any other areas that I
> need to take care of? The stock is synthetic.

I'm still sorting this out myself. There's plenty of legend and lore
out there. Here's the best of what I've been able to find.

- They're not firearms so they don't need cleaned like one.
- Wiping down the gun with a silicone cloth is most of your
maintenance.
- Less is better that more. Lube sparingly.
- Leading actually helps the accuracy (some) only clean the
barrel when your accuracy starts to crap out.
- Be especially careful cleaning the barrel to avoid damage
to the rifling.
- Only add lube to the air chamber if your manufacturer
explicitly says to.

It starts down hill after that. Special lubes, lube pellets but not the
barrel, clean often, never clean, special equipment, special techniques,
on and on and on.

Maybe someone has the manual online.

Mike

24 Jan 2005 19:50:38