31 Jan 2005 10:22:00
HalfTrack
Help! Jammed Crosman 2100 barrel

Well, letting the kids use yer favorite plinker can lead to problems.

My nephews tried "alternate" ammunition. They snipped Q tips
apart and stuffed several in the barrel. Apparently some had
the cotton end forward, and others the plastic end.

It's jammed. I tried running some 1/8 inch solid brass tubing down
the barrel, and despite some force, I couldn't dislodge the mess.

This is not a breakbarrel rifle.

Any suggestions for clearing the mess out?

31 Jan 2005 15:08:27
Dude
Re: Help! Jammed Crosman 2100 barrel

"HalfTrack" <someone@somenet.net > wrote in message
> Well, letting the kids use yer favorite plinker can lead to problems.
>
> My nephews tried "alternate" ammunition. They snipped Q tips
> apart and stuffed several in the barrel. Apparently some had
> the cotton end forward, and others the plastic end.
>
> It's jammed. I tried running some 1/8 inch solid brass tubing down
> the barrel, and despite some force, I couldn't dislodge the mess.
>
> This is not a breakbarrel rifle.
>
> Any suggestions for clearing the mess out?

HalfTrack, go to www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk and under Airgun spares and
then under PartsPlans look for Crosman 2100. They have an exploded view. May
be helpful if all else fails

31 Jan 2005 16:57:29
John Schultz
Re: Help! Jammed Crosman 2100 barrel

In article <b6xLd.3660$e14.1292@fe07.lga >, left@theforkintheroad.com
keyed out...

> "HalfTrack" <someone@somenet.net> wrote in message
> > Well, letting the kids use yer favorite plinker can lead to problems.
> >
> > My nephews tried "alternate" ammunition. They snipped Q tips
> > apart and stuffed several in the barrel. Apparently some had
> > the cotton end forward, and others the plastic end.

Can you use an air compressor gun in the breech? Vacuum cleaner over the
muzzle?
Black powder shooters have a curly thing to extract balls out if they
misfire. You need a corkscrew end on a thin dowel perhaps.

Cut a barb into that 1/8 rod and see if you can hook it.

--
no matter how far I go there's always a little bit more.

01 Feb 2005 22:46:41
Jocelyn Lacharité
Re: Help! Jammed Crosman 2100 barrel

Have you tought about a solvent wich could melt the plastic?

First dimounting the barrel is a must!

Jocelyn.

01 Feb 2005 22:51:50
Jocelyn Lacharité
Re: Help! Jammed Crosman 2100 barrel

... or maybe simply dropping WD-40 in the barrel to lube every thing
and then try to push the mess out?

Also try letting it soak over night.

Jocelyn.