28 Jan 2005 03:18:38
REM
Any Canadians Here Who Successfully Ordered an Airgun From the US?

If so, I'd like to hear from you. Please post what you ordered and from
what company. Thanks.
Looking into getting something from the US but it looks like a MAJOR hassle
(e.g. requires PAL, US money order sent in advance (no credit card), and
possibility it may be seized by Customs here).

28 Jan 2005 12:37:50
Les
Re: Any Canadians Here Who Successfully Ordered an Airgun From the

Sure, but I've never had one shipped into Canada. I ship to a drop in
the US (PO Box if by mail, UPS/fedEx drop if it's courier) and used my
credit card to pay. Once for a BSA SS (from Precision Sales, no longer
around) that required a FAC; showed my FAC and paid the GST/PST at
Customs and went on my way. Other time for a modded 2240 from Mac-1
(non-FAC under 500fps); Customs looked at it, looked at the box
("450fps"), and sent me on my way.

NEVER EVER SHIP ANYTHING ACROSS THE BORDER WITH A COURIER. It will take
forever and cost big $, plus they hit you with the unannounced
"brokerage" charge scam ($25-50 +++). Never mind the hassle if it's a
firearm.

Mail is OK as it will show up at your local postal outlet with a bill
for $5 customs clearance plus applicable taxes. Haven't tried sending an
airgun that way though...

Best bet is pick it up in the US and carry it yourself thru Customs.

Good luck,
Les

REM wrote:
> If so, I'd like to hear from you. Please post what you ordered and from
> what company. Thanks.
> Looking into getting something from the US but it looks like a MAJOR hassle
> (e.g. requires PAL, US money order sent in advance (no credit card), and
> possibility it may be seized by Customs here).

29 Jan 2005 04:40:36
Chris Braid
Re: Any Canadians Here Who Successfully Ordered an Airgun From the US?

In article <iaiKd.193203$6l.10207@pd7tw2no >,
"REM" <rmark@REMOVETHISshaw.ca > wrote:

> If so, I'd like to hear from you. Please post what you ordered and from
> what company. Thanks.
> Looking into getting something from the US but it looks like a MAJOR hassle
> (e.g. requires PAL, US money order sent in advance (no credit card), and
> possibility it may be seized by Customs here).

- A Chinese XS-B3, .177 cal & .22 cal, from Pyramid Air
- A Walther CP-88 ditto
- An IZH46M from Straight Shooters

All are sub-FAC, and all came through with no issues.

Pyramid has succumbed to their legal department and now requires
Canadians to jump through multiple hoops to buy so much as a tin of
pellets, so I won't be doing any more business with them.

Don't let the vendor ship UPS; they'll rip you off for what they call
"brokerage". I prefer ordinary mail.

- Chris
Calgary

29 Jan 2005 00:01:19
Farmer
Re: Any Canadians Here Who Successfully Ordered an Airgun From the

Chris, the stuff arrived successfully in the mail, with no issues with
Customs?

Chris Braid wrote:
> In article <iaiKd.193203$6l.10207@pd7tw2no>,
> "REM" <rmark@REMOVETHISshaw.ca> wrote:
>

>>If so, I'd like to hear from you. Please post what you ordered and from
>>what company. Thanks.
>>Looking into getting something from the US but it looks like a MAJOR hassle
>>(e.g. requires PAL, US money order sent in advance (no credit card), and
>>possibility it may be seized by Customs here).
>

> - A Chinese XS-B3, .177 cal & .22 cal, from Pyramid Air
> - A Walther CP-88 ditto
> - An IZH46M from Straight Shooters
>
> All are sub-FAC, and all came through with no issues.
>
> Pyramid has succumbed to their legal department and now requires
> Canadians to jump through multiple hoops to buy so much as a tin of
> pellets, so I won't be doing any more business with them.
>
> Don't let the vendor ship UPS; they'll rip you off for what they call
> "brokerage". I prefer ordinary mail.
>
> - Chris
> Calgary

31 Jan 2005 05:15:20

In article <rEFKd.16635$Ka6.113698@news1.mts.net >,
Farmer <address@server.net > wrote:

> Chris, the stuff arrived successfully in the mail, with no issues with
> Customs?

None. Like ordering books from Amazon. No difference.

- Chris